hoop guru
    hoop guru's Avatar Become A Pro!

wed first half plays

Indiana +2 1st half (early 330 game) 10 units
    James Madison +2 1st half (4pm game) 5 units
    Arkansas +2 1st half (5 pm game) 5 units
    Kansas st +5.5 1st half (600 pm) 10 units
    UNLV +3 1st half (7 pm) 10 units
    Last edited by hoop guru; 02-25-09 at 01:46 PM.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

UNLV I like a lot...what about Duke 1st half ?? Maryland coming off a huge win still full of themselves and Duke comes in and jumps out to a lead from the start...don't you think??

Ticon18
    Ticon18's Avatar Become A Pro!

Westside- gotta go with my Dukies the 1st half. However, Maryland always seems to give this team fits..

hoop guru

I do not like taking favorites at halftime. Stay away from duke game. Maryland maybe thinking revenge from a humuilating loss at Duke earlier this season.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

hoop, here's my initial forecast for the 3 games mentioned above. reserve right to revise tomorrow based upon senior nights and such.

NW, 67-64
    GMU, 72-60
    Utah, 74-72

of your 1H leans, i think i like Indiana best, then UNLV, then UNC-W. having a really hard time getting a read on UNC-W. their numbers say they're one of the worst teams in DI, they upset VCU and Towson as double-digit dog, then lose by 29 at W&M Hall and go back to sucking until they best Elon by 3 at home. Indiana is improving every game and playing far better than their season numbers. IU played NW very tough at NW a couple of weeks ago, and that's the only relevant history here in my mind. Watched that game and could easily argue that IU is as good or better than NW, and NW is pretty sorry on the road to be giving points to anyone. UNLV has pretty solid 1H history vs Utah.

WestsidePete

what about Arkansas?? they have played a number of good first halves...even on the road and beat Alabama earlier this year...they are so due to get a road conf win...coming close vs teams much better than Alabama...I actually like them to win the game....

hoop guru

Pete,
    I like arkansas in the first half. Arkansas is a better team than Alabama. Thanks for bringing this game to my attention.

rezkoness69
    rezkoness69's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Duke -3 in the half. THey will come out strong in this first half. I would stay away from the -6 for the game though.

hoop guru

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    hoop, here's my initial forecast for the 3 games mentioned above. reserve right to revise tomorrow based upon senior nights and such.

NW, 67-64
    GMU, 72-60
    Utah, 74-72

of your 1H leans, i think i like Indiana best, then UNLV, then UNC-W. having a really hard time getting a read on UNC-W. their numbers say they're one of the worst teams in DI, they upset VCU and Towson as double-digit dog, then lose by 29 at W&M Hall and go back to sucking until they best Elon by 3 at home. Indiana is improving every game and playing far better than their season numbers. IU played NW very tough at NW a couple of weeks ago, and that's the only relevant history here in my mind. Watched that game and could easily argue that IU is as good or better than NW, and NW is pretty sorry on the road to be giving points to anyone. UNLV has pretty solid 1H history vs Utah.
    My heavy hitter play is going to be indiana +2 1st half. indiana has one of the best recruiting classes coming in next season. The team is holding together even though a miserable record. IU wants to finish strong for their coach. Most losing teams give up at this point of the season but not IU. Northwestern is not that good even though they do have a few upsets. MIchigan st lost to northwestern because they thought that game was going to be a cakewalk. Northwestern has been hit by a flu bug over the past week. Center Luka Mirkavic reportly lost 20 lbs because of this flu and missed 2 games. Kevin Coble (leading scorer at 15.5 ppg) caught the same flu virus that affected Mirkavic prior to sunday's game at Minnesota. In that game, Mirkavic just played 8 minutes and was scoreless and Coble scored just 5 points in 22 minutes.

Coble scored 19 points in the first game against Indiana this season. Northwestern needs coble to be productive for them to win this game. Thanks to the flue bug, Coble is probably going to be a nonfactor in this game. Northwestern is also a not a good rebounding team as it was outrebounded 28-16 by IU.

David Dumes of IU had 2 bad games in a row after being suspended for 2 games. Dumes has scored 19 combined points in last 2 games. In that game at Northwestern, Dumes scored 26 points on 9/16 shooting (6/10 3 pointers). Dumes is due to have a another good game. Northwestern has been getting lit up by the opponents 3 point shooting of late.

Prediction
    Indiana 36 Northwestern 29

BiffTFinancial

more pertinent forecasts based upon above:

Bama, 74-69 [Bama has only won 2 games since coaching change, and by total of 7 pts; however, Arkansas 1-12 SU since upset of Texas; no question i wouldn't back Bama in this spot, and agree that Ark is probably better team, but dunno if feel more confident in this than other options; Pete is spot-on about Ark playing some solid 1Hs of late, so maybe i'm being swayed too much by 1-12 SU streak, which doesn't matter for 1H]

Vandy, 63-60 [liked the 1H under a little bit at first, but UGA has played pretty well 1H at home since the coaching change, and has actually put up some decent point totals 1H at home in that span; UGA still very inconsistent - BTB 1H point totals of 54 vs FL then 19 vs AUB 4 days later]

Missouri, 82-75 [this may be my favorite pick; KSU has dominated Missou 1H in recent meetings, and presents serious match-up problems for Missou with their rebounding edge while being relatively strong in Missou's areas of strength]

Ticon18
    Ticon18's Avatar Become A Pro!

hoop- very nice work finding out about the flu and all. how many units are you putting on this 1H?

BiffTFinancial

hoop, any thoughts on 1H under in VT-Clemson? i have that game as Clemson, 76-59, but i'd rather not give 10.5 points even if Clemson is very strong at home. little nervous though as VT not a bad road team, and previous 1H at Clemson between these teams was 40-33.

ACCBball
    ACCBball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 492

Duke 1st half

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    UNLV I like a lot...what about Duke 1st half ?? Maryland coming off a huge win still full of themselves and Duke comes in and jumps out to a lead from the start...don't you think??

Really like Duke first half in this game. There is a revenge factor here but MD played its "game of the year" on Sunday. I gaurantee Vasquez will come out shooting a lot and he isnt consistent enough to do that which is why I think Duke come out ahead in this game. I like them for the game as well..-6 is really low..the only reason this line is down to 6 is because of one game (MD/UNC).

As to the under in VT/Clemson game that Bitt was asking about..I have the game going over. Clemson continues to trap everygame, VT broke their trap very easily last time they played which led to quick points. Clemson is on a tear right now on O, scoring 87, 81, 93 and 81 in the past 4 games. Gong with the over in this one.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBball View Post
    Really like Duke first half in this game. There is a revenge factor here but MD played its "game of the year" on Sunday. I gaurantee Vasquez will come out shooting a lot and he isnt consistent enough to do that which is why I think Duke come out ahead in this game. I like them for the game as well..-6 is really low..the only reason this line is down to 6 is because of one game (MD/UNC).

As to the under in VT/Clemson game that Bitt was asking about..I have the game going over. Clemson continues to trap everygame, VT broke their trap very easily last time they played which led to quick points. Clemson is on a tear right now on O, scoring 87, 81, 93 and 81 in the past 4 games. Gong with the over in this one.
    Thanks, ACCBball. hoop, no need to waste time on Clemson 1H under. my perception has been that Clemson's press increases scoring a lot more on road than home b/c they don't give up as many easy buckets at home. that said, if Va Tech can break their press and wants to run, the 53-44 1H lead from a few weeks ago shows that they can be successful and won't deter them VT/Clemson 1H under = no-play for me.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

You can never go wrong with a Duke 1st half!

hoop guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ticon18 View Post
    hoop- very nice work finding out about the flu and all. how many units are you putting on this 1H?
    I try to win a grand (10 units) on indiana +2 1st half. I may even throw grand on indiana ML for the game. Indiana is going to win this game. I say Indiana wins this game by 7-9 points.

hoop guru

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    hoop, any thoughts on 1H under in VT-Clemson? i have that game as Clemson, 76-59, but i'd rather not give 10.5 points even if Clemson is very strong at home. little nervous though as VT not a bad road team, and previous 1H at Clemson between these teams was 40-33.
    No comment on the under. I am completely staying away from over/unders today. I have also changed my plays for today. I added Arkansas +2 and deleted Georgia. I also added Kstate and deleted NC Wilmington.

I like the timing of these games. You can play one after another. I went 4-0 yesterday and I will try to do that today. I was 1-2-1 in the nba yesterday but lost some money on the twolves in the first quarter. Today I am focuing on college 1st half. I got Indiana up at half time and also winning the game. I am also taking Indiana ML for the game.
    Last edited by hoop guru; 02-25-09 at 01:13 PM.

hoop guru

Indiana +2 1st half (1650 to win 1500). Lets all cash in on this.

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by hoop guru View Post
    Indiana +2 1st half (1650 to win 1500). Lets all cash in on this.
    you are playing for them to win the game as well right??? I'm already on them but was going to make them the largest play today..

hoop guru

Pete,
    I used INdiana ML on a parlay. I am not going to wager on Indiana ML by itself. I used Indiana ML to get a better payoff. Here's my seven team parlay

Indiana ML game
    James Madison +1.5 1st half
    Old Dominion -6.5 1st half
    NC Wilmington +7 1st half
    Bradley +2 1st half
    Arkansas +2
    Kansas St +5

WestsidePete

damn that must be a solid pay out if it cashes...I went with 2 units Indiana +4 and will add a play on the ML...GL on all these
    Last edited by WestsidePete; 02-25-09 at 02:50 PM.

PittChicGambles
    PittChicGambles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like your pick of Indiana first half hoops...Im tailing you on this one..have it locked in as well..good luck tonight!

TORONTOBBALL
    TORONTOBBALL's Avatar Become A Pro!

u seem pretty confident on indiana. is it that much of a lock hoop guru should i smash

hoop guru

There is no such thing as a lock. I am very confident going with Indiana on this play. Good luck to everyone that followed me on this play.

TORONTOBBALL

thanks hoop_guru i will tail gonna smash also

TORONTOBBALL

GL

hoop guru

I had arizona +4 sunday night against ASU and I got smashed. I thought it was a lock. I was wrong big time. I like Indiana more tonite because they are playing at home and northwestern is going to feel shorthanded because of the flu virus and being on the road.

hoop guru

Wow, my biggest wager on a game so far. Good luck to everyone

TORONTOBBALL

did u say coble wasnt playing

hoop guru

I said coble was not going to be playing at 100%. Anyways good start for indiana up 6-3 and 2 fouls on nwestern's big man (ROwley).

TORONTOBBALL

looking good

hoop guru

8-4 indiana with 1641

TORONTOBBALL

wow northwestern lookin horrible

hoop guru

13-7 indiana with 1511 left in the half. I am lovin it