SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

No Mississippi St -1 Talk??

Miss St has a very good team this year. They're only -1 at arkansas. I thought the line should be around -4.5. Lets talk....

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Should be a Pk, this is conference play, no more little boy ball.

SASH

who the **** is arkansas?? This miss state team was 1 basket away from knocking off baylor, they have a nice sqaud this year

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

I'm on Arkansas.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    who the **** is arkansas?? This miss state team was 1 basket away from knocking off baylor, they have a nice sqaud this year
    Lol you got alot to learn.

SASH

why

SASH

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Lol you got alot to learn.
    why this^^

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

why this^^
    Havent you noticed seemingly easy looking lines today? Trust me you will be better off in the long run taken home dogs in conference play, the oddsmakers makes the -1 on games look good making the better road team the favorite in many games, its the same thing every year, but its conference play now so thats why the lines are shaded. State may very well win, but in the long run one would come up short in this scenario.
    Last edited by BernardMadoff; 01-07-12 at 04:17 PM.

FrattyCapper22
    FrattyCapper22's Avatar Become A Pro!

State -1 is easily the play. Mismatches all over the court. They will have Sanchez and a 6'8'' freshman trying to bang down low with Sidney and Moultrie. That's not even the biggest mismatch of the game. They will have Davis (a 6'3" guard) trying to contain 6'8" Rodney Hood who is contending for SEC freshman of the year. Rodney will take him inside all night. State is 4-0 against Arkansas in conference openers and those were better Ark teams and worse State teams. State is the right side.

SASH

im with you fratty, really like this play

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Havent you noticed seemingly easy looking lines today? Trust me you will be better off in the long run taken home dogs in conference play, the oddsmakers makes the -1 on games look good making the better road team look good today in many games, its the same thing every year, but its conference play now so thats why the lines are shaded. State may very well win, but in the long run one would come short up short in this scenario.
    Exactly.

Sash you got some things to learn my man. Obviously some teams these short road favorites cover in conference play but way more often than not they don't. Unless you have a very strong lead on it usually you stay away or go with the home dog.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by FrattyCapper22 View Post
    State -1 is easily the play. Mismatches all over the court. They will have Sanchez and a 6'8'' freshman trying to bang down low with Sidney and Moultrie. That's not even the biggest mismatch of the game. They will have Davis (a 6'3" guard) trying to contain 6'8" Rodney Hood who is contending for SEC freshman of the year. Rodney will take him inside all night. State is 4-0 against Arkansas in conference openers and those were better Ark teams and worse State teams. State is the right side.
    Nothing is easy when you have Dee Bost shooting you out of ball games.

SASH

Quote Originally Posted by ThingsFallApart View Post
    Exactly.

Sash you got some things to learn my man. Obviously some teams these short road favorites cover in conference play but way more often than not they don't. Unless you have a very strong lead on it usually you stay away or go with the home dog.
    Obviously. But I dont think you understand how much I like this Miss State team this year. I see them as an elite 8 team possibly. This aint fsu/clemson

efalk1322
    efalk1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

i like arkansas here. miss st is very overrated

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Obviously. But I dont think you understand how much I like this Miss State team this year. I see them as an elite 8 team possibly. This aint fsu/clemson
    What about Washington, a -14.5 favorite, going life and death with Utah of all teams, also VTech losing to Wake on the road, Florida losing to Tennessee, Missouri losing big, its a different animal now, teams will fight to the death to protect home because conference play matters so much, everybody wants a seed in the tourney, nothing is coming easy for any road team.

ThingsFallApart

Go for it. Like I said if you have a strong read on a team in this situation go for it. I'll toss a few coins at it with you pal.
    lets get it.

FrattyCapper22

Quote Originally Posted by efalk1322 View Post
    i like arkansas here. miss st is very overrated
    That's funny. So, I'm guessing Baylor and West Virginia are also overrated?

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Akron?

efalk1322

they lost to baylor so i dont get what ur getting at with that one. ive seen them play numerous times and they have looked disinterested at times. barely got by detroit and fau as well. plus they lost to akron like the poster above said.

SASH

Akron?
    come on bernie, its called a let-down game or over looking your opponent, you know this shit happens all the time, even to elite teams. You know this. look at purdue yesterday for example, losing by 20 to penis state

SASH

they lost to baylor so i dont get what ur getting at with that one. ive seen them play numerous times and they have looked disinterested at times. barely got by detroit and fau as well. plus they lost to akron like the poster above said.
    they were destroying detroit that entire game and they covered the spread...i went huge on that game

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

they were destroying detroit that entire game and they covered the spread...i went huge on that game
    And Dee Bost shot them out of the big lead, remember the feud between the players on that team last year, not the fight but the other feud? It was because of Dee Bost shooting so much and so many bad shots, I saw the Akron game, Akron dominated both halfs, that was the second game of the season for Miss. St., Akron's first game of the season and on the road, hey I want to take Miss. St. and I may but many times games like this isnt about who has more talent, Arkansas is gonna run, run, run and you better bet theyve studied that Akron tape over and over. We will see if Miss. St is up to running today.

MrBig33
    MrBig33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 997

And Dee Bost shot them out of the big lead, remember the feud between the players on that team last year, not the fight but the other feud? It was because of Dee Bost shooting so much and so many bad shots, I saw the Akron game, Akron dominated both halfs, that was the second game of the season for Miss. St., Akron's first game of the season and on the road, hey I want to take Miss. St. and I may but many times games like this isnt about who has more talent, Arkansas is gonna run, run, run and you better bet theyve studied that Akron tape over and over. We will see if Miss. St is up to running today.

Its not about running in this game for ST....all they have to do is get physical and take the game downlow...

efalk1322

that game went down to the final seconds lol. they won by 5.....

SASH

that game went down to the final seconds lol. they won by 5.....
    i was watching the entire game, they were winning by double digits the entire game....box score doesnt accurately tell what a blowout it actually was

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by MrBig33 View Post

Its not about running in this game for ST....all they have to do is get physical and take the game downlow...
    Not talking about State running but Arkansas, we will see if the bigger more physical team can keep up.

efalk1322

i was watching the entire game, they were winning by double digits the entire game....box score doesnt accurately tell what a blowout it actually was
    i watched the whole thing as well. like i said they show disinterest all the time and let detroit almost come from behind and win

FrattyCapper22

Akron?
    Second game of the year. There have been 13 games since then. Is there such thing as progression?

MrBig33
    MrBig33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 997

Not talking about State running but Arkansas, we will see if the bigger more physical team can keep up.

I think they will...ST has very good depth in the backcourt....they should be able to break that press tonight.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Bud Walton is a tough place to play. Especially when full. This is the first conference game for Mike Anderson whom, Arkansas fans are rejoicing for. The place is expected to pack out tonight. No more football for Arkansas fans so expect a solid house tonight especially after the cotton bowl win last night!

It is a stay away game for sure.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    Bud Walton is a tough place to play. Especially when full. This is the first conference game for Mike Anderson whom, Arkansas fans are rejoicing for. The place is expected to pack out tonight. No more football for Arkansas fans so expect a solid house tonight especially after the cotton bowl win last night!

It is a stay away game for sure.
    Mike Anderson was my boy at UAB, he left us for Missouri, and now he's back at the place he always wanted to be, the guy's a winner.

FrattyCapper22

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    Bud Walton is a tough place to play. Especially when full. This is the first conference game for Mike Anderson whom, Arkansas fans are rejoicing for. The place is expected to pack out tonight. No more football for Arkansas fans so expect a solid house tonight especially after the cotton bowl win last night! It is a stay away game for sure.
    Not even close to full tonight

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

State backers pretty quiet.

ThingsFallApart

Luckily I only put this on a small parlay with another losing play. Didnt believe it but was doing so well on the day that your little chat convinced me to go small on it.

Better luck next time Sash just remember what I told you about conference play and short dogs.

SASH

last i checked we're 7 buckets down with 14 to go. Couple of stops

12 Last