tzMoney
    tzMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pound Chicago Illinois +16.5

1. I went to CSU, The Wolestein Center is no home court advantage. Very neutral environment to play in. CSU is 1-10 ATS in their last 11 home games, 4-8 ATS this year.

2. While 0-7 on the road, CHI-ILL has played tough competition on the road. Toledo, WiscGB, OreSt. Dayton, Central Michigan. All tough places to play they are 7-5 ATS.

3. Trevon Harmon is out for the CSU, the starting guard averages 22 minutes 10.9 ppg.

POUND CHICAGO ILLINOIS +16.5

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

totally agree, love this play. i'm CSU fan too. not only is Harmon out, but Pogue and Douglas are also both limited, and Charlie Lee should start at point. CSU rarely blows teams out, and UIC has only been blown out once this season (at Oregon State), though the 15-point loss at Toledo was pretty unsightly too. Water will be focused on getting the wins against UIC and Loyola this weekend with visits to Butler and Valpo next week. my only concern is how well CSU forces turnovers and how poorly UIC protects the ball, but getting 17 points, i'll take that chance. there's a decent chance CSU only scores in the 60s and i feel good that UIC can get around 55. BOL to you tonight.

you're right about the Wolstein center home court advantage. the true milepost for program success under Waters will be the day when they drop the curtain....

tzMoney

Yeah, that curtain is awful. It makes you feel like you're watching an indoor soccer game. Also makes the sound die out.

Pogue and Douglas being limited should help. I got in at +16.5 and the spread is bouncing around between 16 and 17. I hate being a square given that 70% of the money is on ILL-Chicago, but this game is not going to get a lot of action. I can see the line to dropping to 15 by game time.

BOL

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by tzMoney View Post
    Yeah, that curtain is awful. It makes you feel like you're watching an indoor soccer game. Also makes the sound die out. Pogue and Douglas being limited should help. I got in at +16.5 and the spread is bouncing around between 16 and 17. I hate being a square given that 70% of the money is on ILL-Chicago, but this game is not going to get a lot of action. I can see the line to dropping to 15 by game time. BOL
    i've seen them drop the curtain for NCAA tourney games and the Wiggles, but not as of yet for CSU. someday...

i wouldn't be so sure about the public being on UIC. vegasinsider currently says 60% of bets on CSU. i agree with you though that this is not a heavily bet game and, more importantly, that UIC is the right side. BOL, can't wait to watch the Horizon League stream.

gba
    gba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1043

Baaaaaadddd info!

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29970

blah, i was on this too and also got 16 1/2. the amount of games in the last week i've lost by either 1/2 a pt or 1 pt is getting ridiculous, ice cold run

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    blah, i was on this too and also got 16 1/2. the amount of games in the last week i've lost by either 1/2 a pt or 1 pt is getting ridiculous, ice cold run
    I know how you feel. I'm the king of the 1 and 1/2 point losses.

tzMoney

Quote Originally Posted by gba View Post
    Baaaaaadddd info!
    I don't think that it was, Cleveland State is a very easy place for visiting teams to play. I bought the line up to +18 and cashed out for $800. If you got the line at 17 you pushed. Sorry to those who lost by the half point, it was still the right play on paper.

I am obsessive about the amount of research I do before I release a play. I even check facebook profiles. You would be surprised what you can find on facebook, injury updates, sickness, confidence ratings, if the team was out partying late, had a bad practice...it's all there.

BiffTFinancial

played at +17, so i pushed. hardly bad info, pal. UIC played absolutely terrible and CSU hit 11-20 threes, easily their best shooting performance of the season, and it ended up a push.

RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cant really complain. Had UIC in a teaser with DePaul. UIC was down 27 with around 4 minutes left so if anyone got a push they should be happy lol.

gba

very LUCKY to even get a push!

RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thats what Im sayin

gba

Does anyone's locals make them pay the juice on a push? So really I lost 30 bucks.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by gba View Post
    Does anyone's locals make them pay the juice on a push? So really I lost 30 bucks.
    your local makes you pay juice on a push? that sucks.

gba

Yup it sucks! But im not gonna argue with the man who owes me 4k

jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9124

I don't think that it was, Cleveland State is a very easy place for visiting teams to play. I bought the line up to +18 and cashed out for $800. If you got the line at 17 you pushed. Sorry to those who lost by the half point, it was still the right play on paper.

I am obsessive about the amount of research I do before I release a play. I even check facebook profiles. You would be surprised what you can find on facebook, injury updates, sickness, confidence ratings, if the team was out partying late, had a bad practice...it's all there.

Am I the only one who finds it really odd that you release a play saying to pound a line at 16.5 and then after the game is over you say you happen to have conveniently bought it up to 18 and hit it for $800. Not even one little but of that adds up right at all.

gba

yea that is some shit

tzMoney

I got in at +16.5 and the spread is bouncing around between 16 and 17. I hate being a square given that 70% of the money is on ILL-Chicago, but this game is not going to get a lot of action.

BOL
    I added *15 units when the line moved to +17 and laid the extra juice to get the line to +18.5

I lost the +16.5 at 2 units and still walked with $780.

Jan 05 09:09 AM
    by: INTERNET23129129
    CBB
    Jan 05 07:05 PMSTRAIGHT BET
    [551] ILLINOIS CHICAGO +18½-150 (B+2)
    1500/1000
    WIN
    WIN

Sorry I didn't brief you on every little detail, but since you asked...the bottom line is I won money on this game. I don't know how you can criticize someone for posting a play that loses by a half point. +16.5 was the right play on paper, CSU just shot out of their minds 11-20 from 3 point land.
    Last edited by tzMoney; 01-06-12 at 04:14 PM.

jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9124

I added *15 units when the line moved to +17 and laid the extra juice to get the line to +18.5

I lost the +16.5 at 2 units and still walked with $780.

Jan 05 09:09 AM
    by: INTERNET23129129
    CBB
    Jan 05 07:05 PMSTRAIGHT BET
    [551] ILLINOIS CHICAGO +18½-150 (B+2)
    1500/1000
    WIN
    WIN

Sorry I didn't brief you on every little detail, but since you asked...the bottom line is I won money on this game. I don't know how you can criticize someone for posting a play that loses by a half point. +16.5 was the right play on paper, CSU just shot out of their minds 11-20 from 3 point land.

So your saying you put 2 units on it and because it moved a 1/2 of a point, you dropped 15 more units on it at -17 and bought it to -18.5?? But the ticket you put up says differently. Your story makes no sense and what proof you put up actually contradicts what you say. Your ticket says you put 15 units on the game at 16.5 and bought 2 points, not what you said. Why do people change tickets and not just own up instead of "yea, I was gonna lose $200, but forgot to tell you I put $1500 more on it but bought the points I needed to".