shaq diesel 75
    shaq diesel 75's Avatar Become A Pro!

TexAM/Baylor- Explain this to me

A&M is down 9 with 1 minute to play and doesn't foul and let's Baylor run clock down to 35 seconds, after they get the ball back they miss a shot and are still down 9 and then foul Baylor with 13 seconds left. If it was worth fouling with 13 seconds left down 9, then why would you not foul with 1 minute left down 9. Bottom Line, they were making sure they covered the spread because they were getting 13 points.

lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Horrible beat for Texas A&M backers. I couldn't find a stream for this game so I was watching on Gamecast...really hard to follow the action.

Was really surprised A&M didn't start fouling every Baylor possession at about the 1:30 mark. I mean, it's almost a given these days when the margin is within 15 points.

I had Texas A&M +13 and fully admit that I was on the wrong side. From the game flow (again, I couldn't watch it), it fully looked like Baylor was going to end up rolling to a 25+ point win early in the 2nd half. I'll take it, I'm usually on the bad side of lucky shit like this.

shaq diesel 75
    shaq diesel 75's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just wish everyone could admit these players and teams play to the spread. It would make it some much more fun if announcers could talk about what was going on in relation to the spread. Who do they think was really watching that game tonight, it was A&M and Baylor fans and mostly gamblers.

dlew2k
    Update your status
    dlew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Both team had the Under

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the more appropriate answer is that college kids are stupid and a majority of the coaches are terrible at coaching in the last couple of minutes of a game. This happens dozens of times every week. Conspiracy theorists will also say it's rigged, but generally kids are stupid and taking stupid direction from their stupid coaches.

I've seen kids fouling with under :10 in a 20 point game where it has no bearing on the outcome. They're just dumb.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Sometimes it's coaches practicing situations that aren't there and sometimes it's just kids not thinking.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

They kids, thats why. Like EP said, you got games where idiots are still fouling with seconds left and down double digits. These are nightmares for UNDER backers

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

It has nothing to do with spread 99% of the time. It is just different with different players. Some players play more aggressive in a game where their team is down by 10 with 1 minute left and they are on defense. It is bad coaching, but coaches don't really prepare for the situation where you are down by 10 with 1 minute left and have >1% chance to win the game.

Owls
    Owls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

You are down by 9 with 1:30 left, you don't foul. You bring in your walk ons and let them play out the rest of the game and throw the white flag. How many games have you seen a team come back down 9 (without the ball!) with 90 seconds left?

Owls
    Owls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

Ok, it was 1 minute left. Even more impossible to come back. Coaches are dumb too. They think they have to foul with less than 2 minutes left down multiple possessions when in most cases you press and go for the steal, and then if you can't get the steal, THEN you foul. You don't foul without trying to make at least a steal attempt.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I think the more appropriate answer is that college kids are stupid and a majority of the coaches are terrible at coaching in the last couple of minutes of a game. This happens dozens of times every week. Conspiracy theorists will also say it's rigged, but generally kids are stupid and taking stupid direction from their stupid coaches.

I've seen kids fouling with under :10 in a 20 point game where it has no bearing on the outcome. They're just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw74 View Post
    Sometimes it's coaches practicing situations that aren't there and sometimes it's just kids not thinking.