lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Any thoughts on West Virginia +1 at Seton Hall?

I think Seton Hall is a bit overrated at this point, running up wins against a cupcake schedule. Reality set in when these guys were physically dominated by Syracuse.

West Virginia is a young, physical team that is only getting better as the year goes on. These guys have been battle-tested already to a much greater degree than Seton Hall, taking Kansas State and Baylor both right down to the wire (and winning vs. KSU). They have greater depth down low and should wear Seton Hall down in the 2nd half.

Bob Huggins is doing a great job with these guys in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year. As long as he has them focused (and there's no reason for WVU not to be, their next game is Jan. 4 versus Rutgers), I see WVU winning by 5-7 points.

Anybody have an argument for Seton Hall here?

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

lite, we seem to have similar plays of late. I missed the boat a bit and settled for them at pick

lite1up
    UTEP +18

Quote Originally Posted by jds07v View Post
    lite, we seem to have similar plays of late. I missed the boat a bit and settled for them at pick
    If I stuck to one play a day, I'd be doing pretty well this year. Seems like the leans I leave on the table always seem to cash.

Good luck to you, I like WVU up to -3 in this case....having watched both teams this year, WVU definitely seems superior physically and Huggins is one of the best game day coaches, IMO

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

yeah basketball hasnt been nearly as friendly as football has been. Think im starting to settle into a bit of a groove. Also on missouri and temple today. Hate backing 3 road teams, but the numbers i ran like them

TheGOAT13
    TheGOAT13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

WVU is the better team, but for some reason away teams do horrible between Christmas and New Years....Never bet an away team this time of yr

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

I'll be on SHall

lite1up
    UTEP +18

Quote Originally Posted by TheGOAT13 View Post
    WVU is the better team, but for some reason away teams do horrible between Christmas and New Years....Never bet an away team this time of yr
    I've been killing it on road teams the last several days.

I have noticed this trend in past years. Backing Seton Hall here would scare the living crap out of me. Big East play will leave Seton Hall as a borderline NIT contender while West Virginia should make the tournament, IMO. Bob Huggins traditionally does well coaching up young squads. I'm willing to bet on WVU taking care of business in this spot. If they show up unprepared and lose, that's gambling. I'll take that chance as I like the value of West Virginia straight up in this game.

Ckcashmoney
    Ckcashmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Strange that seton hall is favored. If they stay favored I'm going to put a few units on them. WVU had a tough gritty game except for the final few minutes of nova. Cheek took over but then slowed as the game progressed. I think seton hall is the play

TheGOAT13
    TheGOAT13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

No play for me.

The only true road game WVU played this season they lost by 13 to MSSt. But looking at Seton Hall they certainly haven't been impressive against quality opponents. I could see it going either way.

WVU would be the play if I was forced to pick....They are clearly the better team and since they have already played a post Christmas game they may not fall under my Christmas-New Years away team theory.

Ch Br
    Ch Br's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Quote Originally Posted by TheGOAT13 View Post
    No play for me.

The only true road game WVU played this season they lost by 13 to MSSt. But looking at Seton Hall they certainly haven't been impressive against quality opponents. I could see it going either way.

WVU would be the play if I was forced to pick....They are clearly the better team and since they have already played a post Christmas game they may not fall under my Christmas-New Years away team theory.

I can see the no play i guess, but i think versus a highly overvalued team its worth a few units..... and since todays card isnt the greatest... i figured its a good spot here

yes they lost that road game, but SINCE then they have played much tougher competition Baylor & K State and become all the more battle tested for it..... Seton Hall was being fluffed early and Vegas still knew they were gonna get blown... what was the spread the other night +16/17 V Syracuse?????

whats the holiday away theory, 18-22yr old kids dont do well on the road away from families and friends?????