unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Play #2: UNC -8

Nice win on Duke/BC over and now to a game that will end up just as messy as the first. UNC is playing at a high level and if they come with the same game they have played with for the last couple weeks they will route Miami in the worst way again.

Love getting single digit lines with UNC and I will take it as Miami isn't as good as many think. Many think a let down is in order as UNC routed rival Duke but I just don't think Miami has enough.

All comments are welcome, I do not cry about people coming in saying things in my threads. I am not always right and when I step out and release a pick I understand the consequences of being wrong.

Good Luck gentlemen!

KJ90
    KJ90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

what do u think about the over whit the asu/usc game?

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

BOL on UNC. I'm with you on that. I was opposite of you on Duke/BC under and we know how that one worked out...

BrandonLaz
    Update your status
    BrandonLaz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

I am on the other side of this for the fact that after an ATS cover in conference play UNC has failed to cover the next game yet. Actually the last time they did cover back-to-back was 16 games ago. Over that 16 game stretch UNC is just 6-10 as well so they have not been solid ATS I am taking the opposite side. Just my take on it and why I chose the other side.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonLaz View Post
    I am on the other side of this for the fact that after an ATS cover in conference play UNC has failed to cover the next game yet. Actually the last time they did cover back-to-back was 16 games ago. Over that 16 game stretch UNC is just 6-10 as well so they have not been solid ATS I am taking the opposite side. Just my take on it and why I chose the other side.

but what you fail to understand is most of those games have UNC a favorite by 15-24 points, single digit point spreads are a much different story, but good luck to you sir

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ90 View Post
    what do u think about the over whit the asu/usc game?
    sorry man, I hate the Pac 10, those teams score about 10 points a half, i see the over/under is 124 if I am not mistaken. I will tell you that USC scores no points on the road and ASU has good defense. If I had to pick I would say under but I will not be playing it.

unde0087
    Did we win?

McClinton is going to have to score 40 to have a chance

KJ90

iight

KJ90

i just took drake/illst under 69.5 2h

sendek13
    sendek13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Harden will go off for 30. Floyd sucks at coaching and got lucky landing oj mayo. usc is cake this year and Sendek has the sundevils looking like and elite 8 team. HArden and pendegraph are great. Sendek is a offensive mastermind. go SUN DEVILS

BrandonLaz
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    but what you fail to understand is most of those games have UNC a favorite by 15-24 points, single digit point spreads are a much different story, but good luck to you sir
    Nah I didn't fail to realize that trust me I have followed all the games. For instance the last time these two teams played the Hurricanes got blown out, but in the 2nd half it it was a 4 point game early until a 21-5 run by the Tar Heels blew the game wide open. I mean don't get me wrong it isn't my strongest play of the day or anything that was my 146.5o on Duke/BC. This is a 3 unit standard play for me I only go 1 unit on fun games like the All-Star game tonight, parlays, etc.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonLaz View Post
    Nah I didn't fail to realize that trust me I have followed all the games. For instance the last time these two teams played the Hurricanes got blown out, but in the 2nd half it it was a 4 point game early until a 21-5 run by the Tar Heels blew the game wide open. I mean don't get me wrong it isn't my strongest play of the day or anything that was my 146.5o on Duke/BC. This is a 3 unit standard play for me I only go 1 unit on fun games like the All-Star game tonight, parlays, etc.

UNC has only had a few games that weren't double digit lines, if I am not mistaken these 4 are the only ones: Mich St, Duke, Wake Forest, and Clemson. Out of 24 games 4 of those games were under a 10 point spread. 4 of 24 and 3 out of the 4 were win and covers (in complete routes), so i know what I am talking about when it comes to UNC basketball, almost 90% of out of conference games were played at 18+ lines, and in conference almost every game is from 12-18 spreads

BrandonLaz
    Update your status

I know you are right about the lines being 10+ in favor of UNC for almost all their games I never denied that. I said I didn't fail to realize was all. I just made the play based off of their previous performance against UNC which was really a solid performance with the exception of that 5 minute stretch where UNC went on that insane 21-5 run. Miami still got the cover on a +17.5 spread and at home with their crowd behind them I just feel the +8 was a solid line. I am not trying to argue just state the reasoning on each play don't get me wrong I love UNC and think they are a great team I like betting against them after a cover though, because it has been very profitable for me so far.

unde0087
    Did we win?

I know what you are saying man, I was only pointing out the fact that many of those non covers was at the hands of the linesmakers as early on UNC was dominating everyone and they just kept inflating the number as many people would just keep taking any number that was thrown out there, I took the other side of the line many times as well knowing it would be tough to cover almost 30 points with the way they were playing defense.

The one man show Miami has done well for 1 half but they will get the best UNC has in the next 10 minutes, we will see how team McClinton handles it.

BrandonLaz
    Update your status

Haha yea without him my play would be blown out of the water right now. I am more impressed with Miami and their defense though UNC has been playing pretty bad defense in their last 5 games so I expected this to be a track meet the whole way almost put a play on the over.

unde0087
    Did we win?

danger time for Miami......danger, danger, danger, like steve Irwin would say

BrandonLaz
    Update your status

yea looks familiar same way UNC blew it open in the 2nd half of their last matchup

Ticon18
    Ticon18's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep. what do you think about Az St and -7?

50lipa
    50lipa's Avatar Become A Pro!

UNC pulling away, blowout time?

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sendek13 View Post
    Harden will go off for 30. Floyd sucks at coaching and got lucky landing oj mayo. usc is cake this year and Sendek has the sundevils looking like and elite 8 team. HArden and pendegraph are great. Sendek is a offensive mastermind. go SUN DEVILS

LOL....Floyd sucks at coaching?? you do realize USC beat AZ St by 12 at home right?? Harden scored a career low 4 pts in that one...
    Last edited by WestsidePete; 02-15-09 at 08:04 PM.

BrandonLaz
    Update your status

I do not understand UNC I mean they are supposed to be one of the most elite teams in the country. How can you let just one guy beat you when you are that good seriously I mean it isn't like anybody else is doing anything just stop McClinton. Don't get me wrong I am loving it, because my play has a chance thanks to him, but why not just double him and keep throwing guys at him? The other players have not done crap all game on offense.

BrandonLaz
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 50lipa View Post
    UNC pulling away, blowout time?
    Nothing is over until it is over. Miami could win the game outright I think you spoke to soon there bud.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Congrads, Miami McClinton's got you the cover but he can score 40 and still not win

BrandonLaz
    Update your status

I don't care if they win outright I just needed +8 I am not a fan of UNC just college basketball

unde0087
    Did we win?

I know, that is why i said congrads on the cover

unde0087
    Did we win?

Another split 1-1, Im outy, congrads to all those on the Miami McClinton's tonight, when he leaves they won't have a program anymore

dbldown
    dbldown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1395

something about late feb games.. see more surprises.. and home team advantages mean more than normal. Miami didn't win, but they gave it a shot.