AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Calling out BIG DAN! come on in bro :)

Hey dude,

Love to read your posts / analysis, seems like you know a thing or two

Would you mind post your plays for today and some info?

Thanks in advance!

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Buf+13... buf has a couple forwards that should be able to do some work down low on byu, last year at buf they played a Jimmer lead byu pretty tough, granted it was at buf but then again there no jimmer this season..lot of upperclassman that all played against cougars last season and i think knowing they can compete should go a long way...byu really hasnt beaten anyone worth talking about although they did give Baylor everything they wanted, the effect of that gm could go either way, maybe byu comes out for blood or they are a little deflated off a tough loss...tough task playing byu at home but believe buf will be up for it..

Idaho-2.5..is there really any need to explain it? i played them, everyone played them, not thrilled about it but it is what it is...i dont believe in "traps" and unlike other gms i hear being called traps the numbers warrant a play here so it is what it is..

VCU-9.5 (havnt played yet holding out to see if i can get -9 but will play the 9.5 if it looks to move back up)...this a gm where i didnt have much interest in the original line but now that it has been steamed down for whatever reason it has gotten to where i feel it a solid play..UAB is one of the most turnover prone teams in the county and Shaka Smart's team is one of the best at taking the ball away, VCU has pasted several teams i rank comparably to UAB at home already and once the turnovers start piling up i see no reason why they dont pull another dd win here...

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    Buf+13... buf has a couple forwards that should be able to do some work down low on byu, last year at buf they played a Jimmer lead byu pretty tough, granted it was at buf but then again there no jimmer this season..lot of upperclassman that all played against cougars last season and i think knowing they can compete should go a long way...byu really hasnt beaten anyone worth talking about although they did give Baylor everything they wanted, the effect of that gm could go either way, maybe byu comes out for blood or they are a little deflated off a tough loss...tough task playing byu at home but believe buf will be up for it.. Idaho-2.5..is there really any need to explain it? i played them, everyone played them, not thrilled about it but it is what it is...i dont believe in "traps" and unlike other gms i hear being called traps the numbers warrant a play here so it is what it is.. VCU-9.5 (havnt played yet holding out to see if i can get -9 but will play the 9.5 if it looks to move back up)...this a gm where i didnt have much interest in the original line but now that it has been steamed down for whatever reason it has gotten to where i feel it a solid play..UAB is one of the most turnover prone teams in the county and Shaka Smart's team is one of the best at taking the ball away, VCU has pasted several teams i rank comparably to UAB at home already and once the turnovers start piling up i see no reason why they dont pull another dd win here...

I'm on Idaho -2.5 & Buffalo +13 myself, Good luck and thanks a lot dude!! Love your analysis !
    &Popcorn guy for good luck haha

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!

Please let me know if you end up taking VCU & the line

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

BigDan, while you're here, one more question:

what do you think of Deidre Pujols?

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by AceKingHigh View Post
    Please let me know if you end up taking VCU & the line

im playing them..whether it at 9.5 or 9, obviously hoping for -9 to come up..pinny went to -9.5 not long ago so basically if uab gets juiced at that number wait and see if it goes down, if vcu starts getting juiced on the -9.5 i will grab it..

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    BigDan, while you're here, one more question:

what do you think of Deidre Pujols?

Ha! funny guy..im a gentleman so i wont express how i feel about the poophole family...

honestly im glad he left because giving his old ass a 10 yr deal for all that money would have crippled the franchise for years to come...what pisses me off is that bitch (whoops) and her bitch husband (whoops again) wanna make it out like they wernt down for the money from day 1 and somehow it was the organizations fault for disrespecting them by trying to negotiate, that is how negotiations go you dumb fukkin Dominican (whoops).. so you are so special you wanted the most money, that fine really cant blame the guy but no need to try and flip shit like they really wanted to stay..

BiffTFinancial

Ha! funny guy..im a gentleman so i wont express how i feel about the poophole family... honestly im glad he left because giving his old ass a 10 yr deal for all that money would have crippled the franchise for years to come...what pisses me off is that bitch (whoops) and her bitch husband (whoops again) wanna make it out like they wernt down for the money from day 1 and somehow it was the organizations fault for disrespecting them by trying to negotiate, that is how negotiations go you dumb fukkin Dominican (whoops).. so you are so special you wanted the most money, that fine really cant blame the guy but no need to try and flip shit like they really wanted to stay..
    your consistent status as a gentleman of the highest order gets my full respect.

yeah, that contract will be a complete albatross in years 6-10 if not before. good thing he'll be in the AL so he can DH.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    your consistent status as a gentleman of the highest order gets my full respect.

yeah, that contract will be a complete albatross in years 6-10 if not before. good thing he'll be in the AL so he can DH.

lol..i try what more can a man do?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

As a life long Cardinals fan, I totally agree about Pujols.

His wife said the 5 year 130 million dollar deal the Cards offered was insulting. Really? Someone please insult me with 30 million a year.

I wished he would have stayed but he has reached the peak of his career and has no where to go but down. He might also be older than he says.

Just look at A-Rod. He is making all of that money right now and he only hit 16 homers last season.

The Cards can spend that money elsewhere and re-sign the players we already have.

I actually like the shape we're in. We get Wainright back and will have some
    Money to add a few more pieces.

We have two ace pitchers. A solid closer. The best catcher in the game. We finally solidified the lead off spot with some speed (Furcal). Then we have Berkman, Holliday, and Freese in the middle of the order.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Good to see you making picks BigD. GL tonight .
    It's always about the money..............
    You guys caught a break that Anaheim swept in and offered Pujols the moon, made cutting him loose easier. That's a contract that would have been devastating to the Cards flexibility after year 5 or so. For Anaheim it's a win because of the interest/revenue it will generate for them. You guys are in a good spot with a good mix of young and old and the ability to add salary as you see fit. I on the other hand have some serious lumps to take for a few years with my Muts .

BiffTFinancial

no doubt, Cards are better off without Pujols' contract. my main question is, can Holliday stave off those painful hangnail injuries to hold down the middle of the lineup? is there microfracture surgery for hangnails that he can get in the offseason?

BigDan

this turned into a baseball reunion thread

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

this turned into a baseball reunion thread
    It was fun when I bumped all of those Cardinals suck threads during the playoffs.

The Cardinals beating the Phillies was sweet after all the threads we had with people sucking Philly off.

Then we shut up the Brewers.

Then people still kept betting against the Cards in the World Series.

People just kept losing their ass betting against St. Louis until they won the whole damn thing. Lol.

Then some of the idiots didn't even
    Have the guts to admit they were wrong. Lol.

So the Cardinals clinched the divisional
    Series against Halladay on the Phillies homefield, clinched the NLCS on the Brewers homefield, and morons were taking the Rangers big in game 7 against Carp.

Oh what a run..,

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

As a UB alum who follows them closely I am a little concerned about the 10 day layoff, and how that will affect them. I would take BYU minus the points except I don't bet against my team. Good luck though. I hope they do cover!

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    As a UB alum who follows them closely I am a little concerned about the 10 day layoff, and how that will affect them. I would take BYU minus the points except I don't bet against my team. Good luck though. I hope they do cover!

honestly that is my biggest concern here, well that and Mormon officiating..hoping they are more refreshed than sloppy and that the Baylor gm took a little out of byu..

Redscot

im playing them..whether it at 9.5 or 9, obviously hoping for -9 to come up..pinny went to -9.5 not long ago so basically if uab gets juiced at that number wait and see if it goes down, if vcu starts getting juiced on the -9.5 i will grab it..
    Total gathered some steam upwards.....not sure we will get to 9 here.....gonna watch it close to make sure it doesn't move back to 10 on us.....

grizzy
    grizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Idaho -2.5 but have to say don't know if I like the fact the 95%+ of the bets are on them.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by grizzy View Post
    I'm on Idaho -2.5 but have to say don't know if I like the fact the 95%+ of the bets are on them.

i find it incredibly hard to believe that amount is on one side..i knew going in this was gonna be a popular play and i dont make those lightly but i dont mind playing them if my numbers suggest it is the right side..with so many gms the majority are bound to get a few right here and there. hopefully this is one of them..

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

I love Idaho myself tonight, I loved Cleveland State last night, but that blew up on me big time.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I love Idaho myself tonight, I loved Cleveland State last night, but that blew up on me big time.

i ducked the cle st play last night as usf was getting a few key pieces back so i felt i couldnt really gauge how they would perform..

for folks concerned with line moves at least it starting to go back up...

BigDan

took the -9.5 with VCU that thing starting to go the wrong way...

BigDan

took the -9.5 with VCU that thing starting to go the wrong way...

went to 9 when i clicked it

Redscot

went to 9 when i clicked it
    Hit 10 on my board and then backed down all the way to 9 now....hit it at 9 1/2 myself.....