ALL WAS A F**** TRAP!!! Lost quite a lot yesterday... shit

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

No such thing as a trap.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

no such thing...books set the line based off numbers and circumstances not to trap ppl...by calling those gms "traps" you are basically saying that despite the numbers the books actually set a bad line to trick you into making a certain play? this can not be possible because they would get slaughtered doing such a thing... if they took one of those coin toss examples and made the lines higher to seem less "trappy" what do you think would happen? i tell you what, someone who recognizes that those gms not much more than a coinflip would be pounding the hell out of the spread and mls along with plenty of other ppl that would stay away or switch their opinion because the line was to high...

sorry for your losses but simply dismissing these gms as traps is reckless, honestly you are doing yourself a disservice in future capping by calling these "traps"..

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    No such thing as a trap.

ha i was busy typing my rant and you beat me to the point of it..

sooner folks figure out traps are a fictional term created by themselves the better off they will be..

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    no such thing...books set the line based off numbers and circumstances not to trap ppl...by calling those gms "traps" you are basically saying that despite the numbers the books actually set a bad line to trick you into making a certain play? this can not be possible because they would get slaughtered doing such a thing... if they took one of those coin toss examples and made the lines higher to seem less "trappy" what do you think would happen? i tell you what, someone who recognizes that those gms not much more than a coinflip would be pounding the hell out of the spread and mls along with plenty of other ppl that would stay away or switch their opinion because the line was to high...

sorry for your losses but simply dismissing these gms as traps is reckless, honestly you are doing yourself a disservice in future capping by calling these "traps"..

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Ofcurse, but what you just said, is obv. because line was seemed 'OFF' they made me take a decision and bet on those favs. it's not once nor twice it happened... I just need to learn something and remember !!

WHEN THE LINE SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE - DON'T BET ON IT! make sense right?

efalk1322
    efalk1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

lost the same games yesterday as well

iceaxe56
    iceaxe56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 469

Wrong--Sometimes vegas will throw a lind out there to get everyone to bite--and they usually do--that is a trap--for instance--temple -3 over rice--bettors will think maybe something is wrong with this line and start figuring in everything--temple should have been favored about 9---trap it is

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by AceKingHigh View Post
    Ofcurse, but what you just said, is obv. because line was seemed 'OFF' they made me take a decision and bet on those favs. it's not once nor twice it happened... I just need to learn something and remember !!

WHEN THE LINE SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE - DON'T BET ON IT! make sense right?

i think a better approach would be to figure out why you thought any of those lines where "to good to be true"... maybe go back and rethink how you came up with those lines being appealing, as i said for the most part i avoided those gms for various reasons..

cle st was going to play a usf team that has been good at home and for the 1st time all season had all their players available so whatever you thought about them wasnt exactly accurate as they were playing without some key guys up till last night..total pass for me as i didnt know how usf would perform with everyone in the mix..

Ball st was playing a team they previously handled rather easily at home earlier in the season, always a big no no playing short favs in this spot..

as i said yesterday i didnt understand why everyone was on Lasalle as i felt they have done nothing to be road favs against a solid Delaware team..actually played del in this one..

sure you could easily make the argument that 7 seemed high in the tcu/usc gm but you had to be basing that off of usc pathetic offense and not looking to hard at tcu..had no interest in this one from the jump..

as i said blowing these off as "traps" or "to good to be true" will effect you negatively one way or the other down the line..you would be much better served to drop this line of thinking and instead trying to understand what was wrong with your approach to the game, sometimes it may be nothing as crazy shit happens in this sport all the time that can not be capped, other times you may see that your reasoning was simply flawed one way or another..

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I know TRAPs do not exist, nevertheless I feel I have been trapped everytime of lose.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by iceaxe56 View Post
    Wrong--Sometimes vegas will throw a lind out there to get everyone to bite--and they usually do--that is a trap--for instance--temple -3 over rice--bettors will think maybe something is wrong with this line and start figuring in everything--temple should have been favored about 9---trap it is

line opened temple-5.5, which i felt was rather sharp as i had it at temple -6.5 and not really any value for me either way..then either some tout/syndicate/or whoever hammered Rice dropping the line to 3.5, at that point i played temple because i felt 3 points was enough for me to pull the trigger..went back and forth on 5-7 point lead down the stretch meaning the opener was right on, only ending in a temple 7 point win thanx to a final rice foul down 5 with 4 seconds left...

please tell me how this was a so called "trap" when the opener was basically spot on?

Do you not understand what a horrible position "vegas" would be putting themselves in by setting these mysterious "dummy lines"?

you pretty much said it yourself, "bettors will think yada yada yada", like i said ppl trap themselves not the other way around..
    Last edited by BigDan; 12-20-11 at 08:34 AM.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

LaSalle was not a trap. They just sukked the 2H.