Vonnegut
    Vonnegut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Illinois/Indiana

Illinois
    1-4 ATS last 5 and 1-3 last 4 road games, but 6-4 on road games and 6-5 vs B10. Played like shite in Northwestern and won last minute. 5-1 ATS in Indiana last 3 seasons (doesnt mean too much). Absolutely crushed the Hoosiers at home in January.

Indiana
    5-3 ATS at home this year. 4-2 ATS last 6. 8 point victory at home Iowa (who covered 10 in Illinois last week) last time out.

Looks like a tough call.

I am leaning towards going big on Illinois, just purely based on the fact that Illinois needs a big road conference victory and the fact they crushed the Hoosiers last time out.
    Any thoughts?

Vonnegut

I am thinking about going with the Illini on a 5 unit play. I think the 10 points is where Vegas set the line to trap people into betting on the Hoosiers, who have been playing better, but I think the DD are illusionary. Hoping for some input before I pull zee triggar.

Vonnegut

I think this game all comes down to whether Dumes is playing or not. If I can find out before tip off that he isnt for sure, I will play Illinois.

penny1cg
    penny1cg's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Stripe out" today at assembly hall... student section and all the fans will be getting rowdy for this game! I don't bet on my school so I can't really comment on the line, but gl with whatever you decide to do...

Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by penny1cg View Post
    "Stripe out" today at assembly hall... student section and all the fans will be getting rowdy for this game! I don't bet on my school so I can't really comment on the line, but gl with whatever you decide to do...
    LOL. You got a blackberry? If you know anyone who will be at the game can you post here ASAP if Dumes is playing......

Thanks

penny1cg

i'll see what I can dig up for you and try to get back... I'm going to be wasted by game time so hopefully I can work my iTouch still haha

Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by penny1cg View Post
    i'll see what I can dig up for you and try to get back... I'm going to be wasted by game time so hopefully I can work my iTouch still haha
    Thanks you

jaymac82980
    jaymac82980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

it sucks that the coach is not saying whether he will be suspended still or not.

penny1cg

From what I've been hearing there is a chance he might be put in the game at some point as an emotional lift to get the students and crowd pumped up... but this is all just hear-say....

jaymac82980

I bet he plays, coach is just trying to teach him a lesson. He sat him last game, now he'll make him sweat for a bit today pregame...but then he'll play. and in that case take the points Vonnegut.,

Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by jaymac82980 View Post
    I bet he plays, coach is just trying to teach him a lesson. He sat him last game, now he'll make him sweat for a bit today pregame...but then he'll play. and in that case take the points Vonnegut.,
    Yeah I think so too, but its Illini or no play for me.

jaymac82980

yeah, its a tough game to bet on.

jtsneaks
    jtsneaks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I agree that he plays and maybe not at first but in case the line drops I locked it in at +10 This is from the coach:

We were sold out at 0-7. It says a lot about what people feel about the program. I know that they appreciate how hard these guys are playing and the fact that they are battling, but it says more about them and the way they love the program. That is what means a lot to me as a coach. When you come to Indiana, you don't expect anything buy sellouts, but then when you go through what we've gone through since we've been here, then you start to appreciate that anybody cares. Having it sold out, that is a big deal."

He appreciates the fans and with that being said I think he will pass the message along and get Dumes in the game.

JT Sneaks

Vonnegut

Hmmmm, OK, do you think alot of fans means more pressure on Indiana?

jaymac82980

more pressure? the more fans means more support. when has a home crowd been bad for the home team?

Godzilla
    Godzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Illinois sucks on the road. No win more than 6 points on the road or neutral site.

PerfecTrader
    PerfecTrader's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike Tisdale is 7 '1 and Mike Davis is 6 '10. The fighting Illini road woes end today in Bloomington. IU has won 6 games and this won't become the 7th. I bought 1 and like Illinois -8.5 here. Demetri McCamey is going to light the Hoosiers up today, little similar to this bubbler I'm about to rip. Good luck either way

kaspbart
    kaspbart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Indiana is good after SU Loss, they're good as home 'dog', Illinois is 1-4 road, 1-4 with Big Ten, ... hard game, but i prefer Indiana to cover the spread. fot me it's "no play"

PerfecTrader

Quote Originally Posted by kaspbart View Post
    Indiana is good after SU Loss, they're good as home 'dog', Illinois is 1-4 road, 1-4 with Big Ten, ... hard game, but i prefer Indiana to cover the spread. fot me it's "no play"
    Good as home dog? Win or lose I think you might be referring to a pre-recruiting scandal IU team. This is the Hoosiers team that has one win in its last 14 games - including home losses to Northeastern and Lipscomb. Lipscomb? I think my girlfriend(Wendy), 3 ferrets(Boo Mittens, Chowder, and Stewart Little), cat(Pugsly) could leave now for Assembly Hall and take IU's starting 5 We'll see in an hour, good luck

kaspbart

i'm not the best in ncaa, and i say that the trends 'says' Hoosiers are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games as a home underdog. Illinois win once in Indiana. I know, you have right, this team isn't good, but ithink they arent as so bad
    ofcourse i could be wrong ... as i say : No play for me

patsfan2727
    patsfan2727's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PerfecTrader View Post
    Good as home dog? Win or lose I think you might be referring to a pre-recruiting scandal IU team. This is the Hoosiers team that has one win in its last 14 games - including home losses to Northeastern and Lipscomb. Lipscomb? I think my girlfriend(Wendy), 3 ferrets(Boo Mittens, Chowder, and Stewart Little), cat(Pugsly) could leave now for Assembly Hall and take IU's starting 5 We'll see in an hour, good luck
    once again, a team's STRAIGHT UP record has NOTHING TO DO with an 11 point line. If they had one ATS win in their last 14 games, now that is something to look at. let's look at their last 5 home games:

LOST BY 5 TO LIPSCOMB
    LOST BY 6 TO MICHIGAN
    LOST BY 10 TO PENN STATE
    LOST BY 12 TO OHIO STATE
    WON BY 6 VS. IOWA

LAST 2 RANKED OPPONENTS:

LOST BY 4 to Minnesota on the road
    Lost by 28 to Michigan State

Once again, obviously they are a crappy team with all these losses, but to properly handicap a game I would find out how they face up vs. similar competition. I would have to say Illinois is on par with Penn State/Michigan/Ohio State.
    oh, and if you are betting on the Illini simply because Indiana lost to Lipscomb, ..............

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vonnegut View Post
    Illinois
    1-4 ATS last 5 and 1-3 last 4 road games, but 6-4 on road games and 6-5 vs B10. Played like shite in Northwestern and won last minute. 5-1 ATS in Indiana last 3 seasons (doesnt mean too much). Absolutely crushed the Hoosiers at home in January.

Indiana
    5-3 ATS at home this year. 4-2 ATS last 6. 8 point victory at home Iowa (who covered 10 in Illinois last week) last time out.

Looks like a tough call.

I am leaning towards going big on Illinois, just purely based on the fact that Illinois needs a big road conference victory and the fact they crushed the Hoosiers last time out.
    Any thoughts?
    I have Illinois on the money line. I show Indiana as very undervalued here. Not even a play + the points.

jagmaster
    jagmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

No dume

PerfecTrader

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan2727 View Post
    once again, a team's STRAIGHT UP record has NOTHING TO DO with an 11 point line. If they had one ATS win in their last 14 games, now that is something to look at. let's look at their last 5 home games:

LOST BY 5 TO LIPSCOMB
    LOST BY 6 TO MICHIGAN
    LOST BY 10 TO PENN STATE
    LOST BY 12 TO OHIO STATE
    WON BY 6 VS. IOWA

LAST 2 RANKED OPPONENTS:

LOST BY 4 to Minnesota on the road
    Lost by 28 to Michigan State

Once again, obviously they are a crappy team with all these losses, but to properly handicap a game I would find out how they face up vs. similar competition. I would have to say Illinois is on par with Penn State/Michigan/Ohio State.
    oh, and if you are betting on the Illini simply because Indiana lost to Lipscomb, ..............
    Pats,

With all due respect, I have the Illini -8.5

I did not see that IU lost to Lipscomb till well after I made my plays this morning.

I am not a handicapper, I am a gambling addict. Never once since I have been a member have I said "hey guy's pick this or this or follow me or oOo the lock word, nor have I told anyone they were wrong for going which ever way they do"

Like previously indicated, I smoke the sticky, throw back a few Coors Light's, maybe throw in a Xanax for good measure, and I make bets based on what ever I feel like.

IU may cover, hell they may even win but that's why I bet, I like the sweat. Best of luck to you

PerfecTrader

Mike Tisdale is 7 '1 and Mike Davis is 6 '10. Demetri McCamey is going to light the Hoosiers up today, little similar to this bubbler I'm about to rip.
    I know it's early but hey wtf it just looks cool lol

"Last Play: 17:30 Mike Davis made Slam Dunk, Assist Demetri McCamey (IL)"
    "Last Play: 17:02 Mike Tisdale made Layup, Assist Mike Davis (IL)"

Lets_Get_Money
    Lets_Get_Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

I have the Illini -.5 on a 4 team 8pt teaser

I have Clemson too

Lets hope this Teaser Cashes

Vonnegut

Couldnt place a bet, my girlfriend was sick and I had to nurse her. Oh well. Illinois looks good.

Vonnegut

Now they are flittering it away. I dont need that kind of stress.

PerfecTrader

Good as home dog? Lipscomb? I think my girlfriend(Wendy), 3 ferrets(Boo Mittens, Chowder, and Stewart Little), cat(Pugsly) could leave now for Assembly Hall and take IU's starting 5 We'll see in an hour, good luck

kaspbart

Congrats man, illinois win and cover.