Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Detroit +14? Say What?

Really like Detroit here. With Holman back, they have two legitimate NBA caliber players in him and Ray McCallum, Jr. This Titan team is a tournament team. Alabama is pretty good, but I think it's become pretty evident that they're just another SEC hack. Well, maybe not a hack, but not an elite team team by any means. In an actual basketball conference, they would be no better than middle-of-the-pack.

Even though this game is being played in Tuscaloosa, I don't see this being a blowout. Does anyone see this the same way? I wouldn't even be surprised to see Detroit pull of the upset. The line should be half of what it is in my opinion.

Loving this game.

fishtot
    fishtot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4082

chicken butt

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im surprised by the 14 as well. Thought it should be lower, somwhere around 9. Detroit or no play type game here. Talk to me about Holman. He's their best player who was out for a number of games before the west mich game, yes?
    Last edited by SASH; 12-11-11 at 04:41 PM.

Mr. Doughnut

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    Im surprised by the 14 as well. Thought it should be lower, somwhere around 9. Detroit or no play type game here. Talk to me about Holman. He's their best player who was out for a number of games before the st johns game, yes?
    Apparently assaulted someone at a frat party, and is just coming back from suspension. I remember him from when he played at IU, met the guy, seemed real nice. Maybe a temper thing? Nonetheless, tall and lanky with an incredible wingspan. Disrupts anything in the middle, much like the Unibrow does for UK. I could see him causing a lot of problems for Alabama, who has trouble putting the ball in the basket from time to time.

Dkid
    Play to win.
    Dkid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

Detroit has been playing a lot of games recently though.

Mr. Doughnut

Only the second game for Holman though, who I think is the key to this game.

uxler
    uxler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big Play on Hawaii -12

Mr. Doughnut

Also don't think McCallum will show any wear. The kid is a beast.

SASH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Doughnut View Post
    Apparently assaulted someone at a frat party, and is just coming back from suspension. I remember him from when he played at IU, met the guy, seemed real nice. Maybe a temper thing? Nonetheless, tall and lanky with an incredible wingspan. Disrupts anything in the middle, much like the Unibrow does for UK. I could see him causing a lot of problems for Alabama, who has trouble putting the ball in the basket from time to time.
    I see. Bama definately has a hard time scoring the basketball, agreed. Ive been screaming that this team is overrated since the pre-season top 25 came out and they were like 17 or 18. I told everyone that they would be out of the top 25 by mid or late december. Ive made a boat load betting against them this season, looks like i gotta continue the trend here

Mr. Doughnut

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    I see. Bama definately has a hard time scoring the basketball, agreed. Ive been screaming that this team is overrated since the pre-season top 25 came out and they were like 17 or 18. I told everyone that they would be out of the top 25 by mid or late december. Ive made a boat load betting against them this season, looks like i gotta continue the trend here
    I mean, is it a guarantee? No. No such thing. But a lot has to go right for Bama to blow out Detroit.

SASH

exactly, no guarantees. But ive been looking at this line all day. 3 bets on this game for me...det +14.5 straight, det +20 with murray state +16 teased, det +20.5 with det under 137.5 teased

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

cant cap for a team that shoots 4-17. detroit is dogsh1t. getting blown out to akron should tell you all you need to know. i was suckered into detroit as well...this is a loss

Mr. Doughnut

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    cant cap for a team that shoots 4-17. detroit is dogsh1t. getting blown out to akron should tell you all you need to know. i was suckered into detroit as well...this is a loss
    Don't give up yet. We have 14 points to give. Bama won't shoot 60% all game.

GoBlue77

Don't give up yet. We have 14 points to give. Bama won't shoot 60% all game.
    they might lol.

i have them at 18.5 btw and still dont like my chances. with murray st

detroit rebounding keeping this from a 30+ point blowout right now

GoBlue77

0-6 on threes
    2-6 on free throws
    7 turnovers already

go play in the wnba you pussies

SASH

Not a smart team this detroit team

Mr. Doughnut

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    Bama 62-54. See, all that freaking out for nothing

offshoregenius77
    offshoregenius77's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really like Detroit here. With Holman back, they have two legitimate NBA caliber players in him and Ray McCallum, Jr. This Titan team is a tournament team. Alabama is pretty good, but I think it's become pretty evident that they're just another SEC hack. Well, maybe not a hack, but not an elite team team by any means. In an actual basketball conference, they would be no better than middle-of-the-pack.

Even though this game is being played in Tuscaloosa, I don't see this being a blowout. Does anyone see this the same way? I wouldn't even be surprised to see Detroit pull of the upset. The line should be half of what it is in my opinion.

Loving this game.
    I doubt they will make the tourney out of that conference..... Holmans a hothead and Mccallum's not quite all he was hyped to be

SASH

Ya, it kills me the amount of people that panic and over-react in this college hoops forum. Its like they dont know that college hoops is a game of runs. The overraction on most peoples part on this site is downright comical.

SASH

Pefect 3 for 3 winner on this game

NeverBackDown
    NeverBackDown's Avatar Become A Pro!