esz04
    esz04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Missouri 70-1 to win it all

Is this a steal or is it just me? Top ten team according to Sagarin Predictor and Pomeroy ratings. Compare that with Florida and Baylor at 50-1 or Arizona at 60-1. Seems like some very good value here.

swagger ISH
    swagger ISH's Avatar Become A Pro!

i guess so but they aint winnin it all lol

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

have u watched them play? They are the most undisciplined, non fundamental team i have ever seen. Always missing free throws when it counts. If u think they can hang with uconn, unc, wake, or anyone else u are nuts.

Bookman
    Bookman's Avatar Become A Pro!

As a Kansas fan it pains me to say this, but I have respect for Mizzou coach Mike Anderson. I think he's a relentless competitor who will usually get the most out of his players on the court. That said, Missouri has never even been to a final four, much less won a hoops title, so temper your hopes if you lay that future.

esz04
    esz04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    have u watched them play? They are the most undisciplined, non fundamental team i have ever seen. Always missing free throws when it counts. If u think they can hang with uconn, unc, wake, or anyone else u are nuts.
    I have watched them play numerous times this year. While they obviously don't shoot that well from the free throw line, they shoot a very high FG%, don't turn the ball over and play some of the best defense in the country. To me, those are also fundamentals of basketball. Do I think they'll win it all? No, it's unlikely. But, do I think they could make a run to the final four that would allow for a hedge and a payout of about 15-1? Yes I do.

When they beat Kansas tonight, this # will go down significantly.

swagger ISH
    swagger ISH's Avatar Become A Pro!

i actually think missouri is one of the most disciplined team in the ncaa's they play hard

but they wont make no final 4 lol the field is too competitive this year

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

If you don't think Missouri is a fundamentally sound team you are out of your mind. Yes, they struggle at the free throw line but they take good shots and play the best defense in the country. I highly doubt they win the tourney but they will go a little ways. They play 12 guys deep and thats hard to compete with when you are playing games 2 games apart.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Mizzou is a dangerous team come tourney time, no doubt, they can almost run with anyone and no wants to play their style. but when u get into the late stages n face teams that r equipped with PGs to break their pressure defense like NC, Wake, UConn, etc., their run will come to an end. their inability to make FTs is also going to cost them in the tourney cuz teams rnt going to give up easy buckets like the regular season n it will hurt them big time. id say they go far as the elite 8 if they shoot lites out from the field.

Vonnegut
    Vonnegut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TWEETS View Post
    ...and play the best defense in the country....
    Can I have some of what you are smoking?