TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

VERY RARE Primetime PLAY OF THE YEAR!!

Very uncommon to find a game I LOVE on primetime television. Even more uncommon to find such a matchup as UNC-Wisconsin. YOUR GETTING 8 ******* POINTS WITH THE BEST COACHED TEAM IN BASKETBALL............ against one of the WORST coached teams in the basketball.

WISCONSIN +8

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Is Barnes playing?

I'm surprised this spread isn't like 6.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Forgive my ignorance, but why is Roy Williams and Callipari both considered horrible coaches when all they do is win and compete for championships? I am asking an honest question and would like an honest answer. I here they just "recruit" but I played sports and know there most be something to those guys other than just recruiting.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

surprised it opened over 7 honestly

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but why is Roy Williams and Callipari both considered horrible coaches when all they do is win and compete for championships? I am asking an honest question and would like an honest answer. I here they just "recruit" but I played sports and know there most be something to those guys other than just recruiting.

they get deep sometimes because they face other idiotic teams who attempt to run with them or just aren't very talented frankly. They are typically always overrated by the books. Look at the teams that UNC and UK typically lose to. Well coached like Calhoun, Huggins, Rice, etc. That means the guys they are coaching aren't ready to play against smarter teams
    Points Awarded:

lyon804 gave TPowell 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

No doubt that Wisconsin has a great defense, but will they get the calls at NC? That's the real question when capping this game. Great defense by Wisconsin can lead to multiple free throw opportunities by NC if the officials deliver the home cooking.

really tough game to cap here unless you know the lean of the zebras.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    they get deep sometimes because they face other idiotic teams who attempt to run with them or just aren't very talented frankly. They are typically always overrated by the books. Look at the teams that UNC and UK typically lose to. Well coached like Calhoun, Huggins, Rice, etc. That means the guys they are coaching aren't ready to play against smarter teams

fair enough. Thanks for answering.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

This.

I think Roy Williams and Bill Self are a joke given the talent they typically have.

NickJ3
    NickJ3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

Why would you take the points? JW

I feel UNC has an advantage playing at home and coming off a loss. They need to prove they deserve that number 1 spot again with a big win tmrw. Would be a long shot but maybe UNC vs Wisconsin may be similar to tonights duke vs ohio state?

BigDan

i was worried this would be a very public dog but from what ive read around here so far it may not be the case

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

Wisconsin hasn't made it past the second round of the tourney in 7 of it's 11 years under Bo Ryan. It's nice to at least have gotten deep in the tournament.

These are some of the teams that Wisconsin has exited the NCAA Tourney because of . . .

Butler
    Cornell
    Xavier
    Davidson
    Georgia State

The best coach in NCAA basketball should probably be aware that the goal of the game is to score more points than the other team.

Barnes' ankle is fine. He practiced today without issue.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Love it

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bo Ryan is a solid coach with a good system for what he recruits ... don't know that I agree he is one of the best in the country though. From Xs and Os > Roy Williams, but there's a lot of guys who can outcoach Williams ... talent makes up for poor coaching sometimes though.

Play of the Year though ... why do we have to go there.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by UNCGQ View Post
    Wisconsin hasn't made it past the second round of the tourney in 7 of it's 11 years under Bo Ryan. It's nice to at least have gotten deep in the tournament.

These are some of the teams that Wisconsin has exited the NCAA Tourney because of . . .

Butler
    Cornell
    Xavier
    Davidson
    Georgia State

The best coach in NCAA basketball should probably be aware that the goal of the game is to score more points than the other team.

Barnes' ankle is fine. He practiced today without issue.

Outside of Georgia State, you had 4 very well coached teams. Wisconsin can be vulernable against other well coached teams, thats a fact. Glad you brought that up actually

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

seems very similar to the duke/osu game tonight. big athletic team at home vs unathletic team who doesn't play well on road, wisky is a completely different team on the road and there is no way they have earned that #7 ranking they have with the teams they have played. i got unc in this one

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

haha GOY

Wisconsin is a joke. Bo Ryan is a joke. Can't do anything at all outside Madison

They will get run off the court against UNC's pace at home

Last time Wisc played a top OOC opponent on the road was 07 when Duke (-9.5) smacked them 82-58. Wisc has been the same damn team for the last decade

fade material

TPowell

sharp post pal, guess you forgot all the times Wisky has covered as road dogs?

Anyways, if you can't wait until the late game. I have another GREAT PLAY. Another medium sized dog

Florida State +6

NickJ3
    NickJ3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

Anyone else have any interest in the UNLV game? They did lose last year to UCSB but they are coming off a big win and UCSB is coming off a terrible loss to SDSU i want to take the points but will see. I saw 4 and 4.5

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Both teams are desperate for this win and honestly I hope wisconsin gets run over because they are not the #7 team in the country give me a break

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    Both teams are desperate for this win and honestly I hope wisconsin gets run over because they are not the #7 team in the country give me a break
    Only a play of the year? I think I will wait until you come out with the play of the century.

gba
    gba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1043

Haters welcome!!! Roy Williams is a great coach and always brings in elite talent!!! You ALL can suck on his two championships that he has at NC.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Under

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

sharp post pal, guess you forgot all the times Wisky has covered as road dogs?

Anyways, if you can't wait until the late game. I have another GREAT PLAY. Another medium sized dog

Florida State +6
    I'd be careful with this one TP. MSU is typically pretty bad against the spread, but this one opened at -4.5 and has only gone up. No reason for the Spartans to be laying that many points. Line might be that high for a reason.

Heart
    Heart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1457

against one of the WORST coached teams in the basketball
    As soon as I read this part of your post you lost any and all credibility. Understand this, I'm an NC State alum and I hate Roy Williams as much as the next ABC fan, but I'm going to go ahead and vehemently disagree with you that a coach with 2 National Championships in the last 6 years has one of the worst coached teams in basketball. That is an asinine claim that is easily shot down just looking at the man's track record. If you want to bash Ole Roy then do so accurately, such as stating that he's a pompous dick, or something along those lines.
    Last edited by Heart; 11-30-11 at 09:07 AM.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

This.

I think Roy Williams and Bill Self are a joke given the talent they typically have.
    Add rick Barnes to that list

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    Add rick Barnes to that list
    Yep.

I guess it depends on your definition of a "good coach."

If you want a "good coach" to recruit like crazy and roll the ball out there for his team, Roy Williams, Bill Self, John Calipari and Rick Barnes would be right up your alley.

If you want a "good coach" to be a great in-game adjuster, X's and O's guy who can really work the game within the game and overachieve more often than not, the aforementioned four are not going to even sniff that list.

Heart
    Heart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1457

Roy coaches his teams in practice, not on the sidelines. Living on tobacco road, I've watched pretty much every game the scumbag has coached since he's been at UNC. He employs the best up tempo system ever utilized in college basketball and will retire as one of the greatest college basketball coaches of all time. It makes me sick to my stomach to say that but it's the truth. Does he have a lot of talent? Yes he does. So does John Calipari (and a ton of other coaches for that matter) and I have yet to see Cal win 2 national championships in a 5 year span.
    Last edited by Heart; 11-30-11 at 11:09 AM.

bkeith12
    Cleveland St - 6h and -11.5 for the game
    bkeith12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

I notice a few people in here saying 8 points to wisconsin is a gift, were some of the same saying the points to Duke last night was a gift. Just a observation.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by bkeith12 View Post
    I notice a few people in here saying 8 points to wisconsin is a gift, were some of the same saying the points to Duke last night was a gift. Just a observation.

not true at all, in fact if anything i think it the opposite..cant speak for everyone but i know myself, nc, and a few others in this thread played osu @-5.5...

TPowell

(wonders how much backlash I'll get if Wisky doesn't cover this lol)

BigDan

(wonders how much backlash I'll get if Wisky doesn't cover this lol)

i will surely be back to blame you for all my problems in life if this loses!! who cares if i played them before i saw this thread

TPowell

bump...... because I know if this lost, it would have already been bumped

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Nice work as always tpowell good to see your around again

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Nice call T