clevelandpride
    clevelandpride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Monday Plays

Xavier +4 @ Vandy.

I really don't agree with this line....Vandy is one of the most overrated teams in the country...in my opinion it should be Xavier -2. The Muskies are deep and are coming off a good win at home against the Bulldogs. Other than Jenkins, I don't see much that X has to worry about tomorrow. Might even go with the ML on this game.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree xavier is the better team but dont like that they havnt played a game away from home as of yet.. if i played it i would more than likely be on xavier ml or nothing but havnt decided yet..

TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

Agree. Just locked in at +3.5.

alansmith23
    alansmith23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

What about Tenn -1 at Det Det was great last yr but lost their stud. Det played two sec teams this yr ark and bama and got smoked both times Tenn plays hard. I think the line should be Tenn -7...

MrBig33
    MrBig33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 997

You guys are not understanding how difficult it is to play at Vandy....the shape and make of the court is what makes it difficult. Coaches cant direct their teams when they are on the other end of the court. I like Vandy in this one.

clevelandpride

Quote Originally Posted by MrBig33 View Post
    You guys are not understanding how difficult it is to play at Vandy....the shape and make of the court is what makes it difficult. Coaches cant direct their teams when they are on the other end of the court. I like Vandy in this one.
    I understand it's a weird court and environment, but if teams like Bucknell and Cleveland St. can hang with Vandy, I think Xavier has a pretty good chance of not just covering, but winning this game.

Xavier's backcourt is just nasty. Also, having a senior transfer in Andre Walker that played for Vandy in his previous seasons doesn't hurt. This will be a test for both teams and should be close, but in the end I think Xavier will be too much.

clevelandpride

Quote Originally Posted by alansmith23 View Post
    What about Tenn -1 at Det Det was great last yr but lost their stud. Det played two sec teams this yr ark and bama and got smoked both times Tenn plays hard. I think the line should be Tenn -7...
    are you talking about Tennessee vs. Oakland tomorrow?

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBig33 View Post

that plus xavier not being out of their gym as of yet is what will prob keep me off of it...

not to mention i didnt realize xavier was ranked 12 (rarely look at rankings outside of mine and kenpoms), dont like a higher ranked team catching points to a lower one cause you know that gonna be one public road dog (not something i like to bet)..

MrBig33
    MrBig33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 997

Quote Originally Posted by clevelandpride View Post
    I understand it's a weird court and environment, but if teams like Bucknell and Cleveland St. can hang with Vandy, I think Xavier has a pretty good chance of not just covering, but winning this game.

Xavier's backcourt is just nasty. Also, having a senior transfer in Andre Walker that played for Vandy in his previous seasons doesn't hurt. This will be a test for both teams and should be close, but in the end I think Xavier will be too much.

Tu Holliday has an injured finger...so you must consider that as well. I am a UK fan and Vandy normally plays out of their mind at home....I am thinking Stallings will have them ready to play after coming off a lack luster performance.

clevelandpride

Still have Dez and Lyons to pick up some of the slack. I think more concern should be on how well Freese will play down low....if he can limit his turnovers and play aggressive on the defensive all game we will have a great shot. Also, I really hope Mack gives Redford some more playing time...kid can lace em from deep.

alansmith23
    alansmith23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

Yes My bad Oakland Michigan was my confusion doesn't change my opinion 0-2 v sec this yr and destroyed both games. Tenn should cover line up to 3.5 I just placed it will go oppo if there's big injury news but locked it in in case is keeps going north.

clevelandpride

Quote Originally Posted by alansmith23 View Post
    Yes My bad Oakland Michigan was my confusion doesn't change my opinion 0-2 v sec this yr and destroyed both games. Tenn should cover line up to 3.5 I just placed it will go oppo if there's big injury news but locked it in in case is keeps going north.
    like it, may put a few bucks on it too.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Xavier isn't that good and will be exposed on the road. Not a vandy fan but if a ranked team is an underdog to an unranked then I'm taking the unranked. The books aren't giving away money. It may not hit but I can't take Xavier.

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

I think vandy has played poorly therefor this line is wrong - I'm taking vande if it gets to -3 but just following along til then. If it never gets to vandy -3 good luck with your play

I just look for value so its gotta get -3 before I take it

clevelandpride

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw74 View Post
    Xavier isn't that good and will be exposed on the road. Not a vandy fan but if a ranked team is an underdog to an unranked then I'm taking the unranked. The books aren't giving away money. It may not hit but I can't take Xavier.
    Vandy is #22 on ESPN and #18 in the AP

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Quote Originally Posted by clevelandpride View Post
    Vandy is #22 on ESPN and #18 in the AP
    Sorry...higher ranked I guess. The average joe is going to look at that game and just take the higher ranked team when they get off work IMO

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

This one is hard to call. Xavier is 12 but we just saw UNLV beat the #1 team when they were at home.

Gotta be Vandy or the over. Can't play the other two, better plays out there (including just a no play)