spk1313
    spk1313's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1367

Kenpom

Hey Guys

Long time lurker - decided to finally join in and contribute to the festivities on this board.

My question is about Kenpom. I just signed up for the 20 bucks/yr. subscription and I can see that the site is loaded with great stats for handicapping. Can someone here can explain to me the key stats on the site and what the best ways are to use them?

For instance, I'm looking hard at the Iona/ WMU game - should I be comparing their "4 Factors" or looking at the FanMatch tab? Basically, can someone give me the cliff notes version of kenpom?

spk1313
    spk1313's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1367

bump

romoney
    College Hoop Time
    romoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Do work... Kenpom is cool but,,,,, do your homework!

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

All the stats are explained on his site. Fanmatch is a nice quick reference to suggest where he thinks the value is for each game, but it's more of a baseline to reference than a final answer.

If you're serious about handicapping you need to be asking how each team is going to try to win the game, and the four factors can be very useful in identifying where each team is weak/strong. Anything short of doing your own analysis won't hold up over time.