Update your status
    jillmark's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5121

thursday ncaa hoops

One Unit Plays (11-4)(+6.60 units)
    Two Unit Plays (1-0)(+2.00 units)
    Three Unit Plays (0-0)(even units)

Overall Record (12-4)(+8.60 units)

Split my 2 one unit plays, but won my first two unit play last night with Long Beach State an outright winner.

Got some afternoon games today and I am off work. Not in love with these two, but I do like them.

Iona +4½ vs. Purdue (one unit)……….Anytime you see a no name team vs. a big name team and the line is low it makes you wonder. After further review Iona went 25-12 last year and went to the championship game in one of those post season tournaments last year. They have much of that team back. I like betting teams who had success and lost a championship game the previous year. They got a taste of winning and want more. Purdue did not look good in their last game and don’t appear ready to start the season. I will take the smaller team, plus only a couple of buckets vs. the Big Ten big named team.

LSU +8 vs. Northwestern (one unit)………….LSU looked horrible, while Northwestern looked pretty good in the most recent games and I think that is why this line is so high. I look for a typical Northwestern type of game where defense rules and offense is conservative. If I am right eight points should come into play. I also like taking the SEC over the Big Ten.

Back late this afternoon or early evening with some evening action.

Good Luck Everybody!!

jillmark
    Update your status
    jillmark's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5121

Adding night games. Off to a very nice start for the day and the year. Won my first 2 unit play yesterday, so I think I will try my second two unit play and first three unit play of the year. Here we go.

Pacific +13 vs. Nevada (three unit best bet)………….I just keep seeing lines I feel are too high and I give the dog a chance to even win outright. This is another one. No way this should be double digits this early in the year. I will take it.

Arizona -2½ vs. St Johns (two unit play)………..All I have heard is how St Johns is so young this year and it will take time to gel, yet they are 3-0 to start the season. Even though being played in New York, they are going to face their first real team this year. Might not be easy, but Zona should get the win.

Georgia Tech -2 vs. St Joes (one unit play)…………You never know this early, but better team, better conference in a near pickem game. Just have a hunch in this one. Got to follow my gut.