ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got St Johns at +2 -110 at my book. May even go higher, will wait to lay the loot down.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Play #10

Boilermakers -3.5 (-111) x1

I'm a big fan of this Purdue team. They distribute minutes very well among the players which always allows them to have fresh players on the floor. That, combined with their overall size is the main reason why they're so effective in playing their style of smothering defense. On offense, they have a deep roster that's anchored by one of the best players in the NCAA. They shoot a lot of 3pt shots, but have a lot of players that can knock down those shots, resulting in a high team effective shooting percentage (and better consistency shooting at range). They will obviously miss Johnson and Moore, but they have the size available to continue to have a strong presence in the interior, and I expect their rebounding to be solid.

I like Purdue to continue to build on the strong performances they've put forward so far this season. Iona hasn't played a game yet, and I think that will hurt them in not being up to full game speed. I expect them to be a little sloppy to start, and for Purdue's defense to disrupt their ability to get in rhythm early.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 11-17-11 at 08:17 AM.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Play #11

Tulsa -11.5 (-105) x0.5

Small play, but I like it. With Idlet (6'11") and Maduka (6'10") working in the paint, WKU is going to have a really hard time on the glass in this game. I don't think this one is going to be close.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Play #12

Temple Owls -7.5 (-105) x0.5

ParlayKing
    ParlayKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

Owls looking good, let's hope they hold on.

iceman8847
    iceman8847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3505

SK Purdue only beat High Point by 2pts a couple days ago I feel Iona is a better team. Do you really think Purdue wins by 4.5

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by iceman8847 View Post
    SK Purdue only beat High Point by 2pts a couple days ago I feel Iona is a better team. Do you really think Purdue wins by 4.5
    Purdue has played two bad teams so far, not just one. One they beat by 2 points, the other one they beat by 62 points... Using either one of these games alone as an example for why Purdue will or won't win today is not valid at all.

Purdue is the better team in this matchup and I wouldn't be playing them if I didn't think they cover the spread. Iona hasn't even played an exhibition game and will not be ready for full-speed gameplay.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got Purdue at -3... I like his reasoning already.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Purdue has played two bad teams so far, not just one. One they beat by 2 points, the other one they beat by 62 points... Using either one of these games alone as an example for why Purdue will or won't win today is not valid at all.

Purdue is the better team in this matchup and I wouldn't be playing them if I didn't think they cover the spread. Iona hasn't even played an exhibition game and will not be ready for full-speed gameplay.
    And if you're a line movement guy, the fact that the line stayed in the -3/-3.5 range until the morning (actually it got bet down a bit leading up to the limits going up to improve the line for Purdue backers) when the gameday limits went up to max (10am ET) at all the books and then very quickly got pounded up to -5, that implies big money that couldn't be bothered with the small overnight limits waited until today to hit it.

I like everything about this game.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Play #10

Boilermakers -3.5 (-111) x1
    Purdue -4.5 (-112) x2

suicidekings
    Update your status

Tulsa -11.5 (-105) x0.5

Purdue -3.5 (-111) x1
    Purdue -4.5 (-112) x2
    2-2 (-2.35)

Really frustrating how many times Purdue was up by 5 points only to start jacking up bad shots followed by Iona scoring almost immediately. But wtv.

Shifty107
    Shifty107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Any thoughts on the A&M vs Miss St game SK? I am thinking of taking Miss SU.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Play #13

Mississippi State +5 (-108) x1
    Mississippi State ML (+197) x0.5

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty107 View Post
    Any thoughts on the A&M vs Miss St game SK? I am thinking of taking Miss SU.
    Agreed The Aggies score 60% of their points in the paint, and I really think the Bulldogs are going to be clogging up the paint all night making life hard for TAMU, who are also short their best player in Middleton.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Play #15

Saint Joseph's ML (+112) x0.5

Experience, size and momentum are all on SJ's side in this game. Georgia State doesn't have much depth and shouldn't be able to hang with SJ all night. Should be a relatively easy win.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Play #16

Minnesota 2H -4 (-108) x0.5

Shifty107
    Shifty107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Bulldogs baby. Hell yeah. Had $400 on the ML baby. Nice hit SK and best of luck with the rest of your plays mate.

suicidekings
    Update your status

11/17

Tulsa -11.5 (-105) x0.5
    Mississippi State +5 (-108) x1
    Mississippi State ML (+197) x0.5
    Minnesota 2H -4 (-108) x0.5
    Saint Joseph's ML (+112) x0.5

Purdue -3.5 (-111) x1
    Purdue -4.5 (-112) x2
    St. John's -1.5 (+141) x1.5

11/17: 6-3 (-0.8u)
    YTD: 12-5 (-1.06u)

Big plays lose, small plays win. Business as usual...
    Last edited by suicidekings; 11-17-11 at 10:47 PM.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Play #18: Mississippi State +3.5 (-110) x1
    Play #19: Texas A&M ML (-105) x1

It seems pretty obvious to me that these two teams are the superior sides in these matchups. I dropped the ball by not getting the MSU opener, but I still think they win outright, so the 3.5 is just gravy.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 11-18-11 at 01:39 PM.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Play #20: Tulsa +2.5 (-105) x1
    Play #21: Tulsa ML (+127) x0.5

I really like this Golden Hurricane team's makeup. They have so much depth in their frontcourt that they can go with a big lineup at any point in the game to make it really tough on opponents trying to operate in the paint, starting two of: Stephen Idlet (Sr, 6'11", 240), Kodi Maduka (So, 6'11", 215), & DJ Magley (Sr, 6'9", 270), and then having David Wishon (Fr, 7'2", 255) available off the bench. Their guard play was a weakness last year overall and they lost their starting PG, but have three players this year that can all run the point and their depth has improved on the perimeter. Overall, they're a tough team for most other squads to match up against.

Northwestern is also a good team, returning a lot of their production from last season. However yesterday the Wildcats were playing from behind for most of the game vs LSU and the result was a high scoring, high intensity game where they had to come from behind to win, expending a ton of energy. Today they're facing off against a Tulsa team that really dominated WKU, controlling the tempo, and cruising to victory in a game that was over early. Tulsa is going to take away the easy points in the paint with their size and make NW really work to score. I think NW is going to have a really hard time with Tulsa today.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Play #22: Drake +6.5 (-105) x1
    Play #23: Drake ML (+260) x0.5

I missed the +7 by literally 2 seconds...

Ole Miss is a team that really thought they had made progress and only by way of weak opponents have they been successful so far. Drake is a lot tougher team than I initially gave them credit for and will provide the most substantial challenge that Ole Miss has faced this season. I think this line is a joke.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 11-18-11 at 02:28 PM.

joedell
    joedell's Avatar Become A Pro!

what do you think about iona -7?

Sambo
    Sambo's Avatar Become A Pro!

reallly like drake? gettin 7 for me..

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by joedell View Post
    what do you think about iona -7?
    Missed this. When I looked, Iona was at -7.5 and even though I think they have a solid chance to cover this, they played a very hectic game yesterday, and I didn't want to lay the chalk.

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

SK... Texas A&M is without Khris Middleton... their best player

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
    SK... Texas A&M is without Khris Middleton... their best player
    I'm well aware of that. They looked bad last night because MSU had a superior gameplan early to beat the Aggies. SJU is less well equipped to contain the Aggies in the paint and TAMU is going to push tempo early on offense, and get back fast to set up their defense because that's how they win games. TAMU will look a lot better today.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 11-18-11 at 03:26 PM.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Play #24: Alabama -1.5 (-110) x1

The Tide got beaten by Wichita State last season in the NIT Final, and this follows with one of my favourite sports betting angles ever: In the first few weeks of the season, backing a team playing against the opponent that eliminated them from playoffs the previous season. That game was so close, and I think we're going to see Alabama play their absolute best tonight.

Re: Revenge Angles. I think revenge angles are over-used by a lot of bettors. I see it all the time applied to crap teams that got blown out by 40 in a previous game getting talked up as being out for revenge, but I think revenge angles are really only relevant when you're talking about comparable teams or when a legitimate fave loses outright, and only when we're talking about important games. Hence, rematches of playoff games make for some great opportunities.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 11-18-11 at 04:15 PM.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Tulsa +2.5 (-105) x1
    Tulsa ML (+127) x0.5

Drake +6.5 (-105) x1
    Drake ML (+260) x0.5

1-3 (-1.05u)
    Drake had that game for 37 minutes and then coughed it up in the last 3... Annoying. Tulsa just turned the ball over too many times against a team that feasts on points off turnovers. They held Shurna to 15 but Crawford stepped up for 28.

Pending

Texas A&M ML (-105) x1
    Mississippi State +3.5 (-110) x1
    Alabama -1.5 (-110) x1

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

It's obvious that there is a pro-St Johns referee set up. One of the reason they are even in the game still. That last and 1 call there was NO foul, too many others to remember.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    It's obvious that there is a pro-St Johns referee set up. One of the reason they are even in the game still. That last and 1 call there was NO foul, too many others to remember.
    I only just turned it on when the Tulsa game ended, so I missed the first half. A&M just can't seem to play with a lead. They completely change their approach when up by three possessions. At any rate, it looks like the tempo and short bench are starting to affect SJU's shooting accuracy so really, we just need the Aggies to clog up the paint and force them to shoot from the perimeter, while themselves using the clock and making smart shots instead of jacking up useless threes.

When you have a chance, take a look at a book called "Scorecasting". In it, the author talks about a variety of intangible issues that relate to the outcome of sporting events, including referee bias. Pretty interesting stuff and useful, IMO.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

SJU has 25 FT attempts to A&M's 2..... And not all of those are fouls.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    SJU has 25 FT attempts to A&M's 2..... And not all of those are fouls.
    Yeah, you know something weird is going on when you see 2 FTAs in 32 minutes...

hondo5
    hondo5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 874

Yeah I said it in the other thread, no point in watching. St Johns has to win. The officials are all over them.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Ho-hum -- just another game in the rigged world of college hoops.

suicidekings
    Update your status

The announcers are commenting on it now, qualifying each of the A&M fouls with their expert opinions calling them all good calls... MSG is a tough place for the road team...

First 1234 Last