lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Nice nite nc. I love it. It seems many thought Duke was the easiest play they ever saw...

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

what am i missing in the uni/iowa st gm? seems 4 points to high to me, i have uni rated higher than iowa st and im catching 6.5?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Nice nite nc. I love it. It seems many thought Duke was the easiest play they ever saw...
    Thanks pal.

25-14, +26.4U since the Iowa State debacle.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

mother f***** .. i take 2 f***** public plays and they both blow up in my face ... and then they cant even cover a second half spread ..... all they had to do was not like back ups outscore in the last 3 minutes and they cant do that

good day nc

i learned my lesson ...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    what am i missing in the uni/iowa st gm? seems 4 points to high to me, i have uni rated higher than iowa st and im catching 6.5?
    I'm done with the Cyclones for a while.

When they're on, they're really on. They play no D though.

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Thanks pal.

Your consistently as good as anybody here in all sports and I couldn't have agreed more with the plays tonite and that was why I tailed them.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

UNI is very, umm, unathletic Dan.

James, Moran and Koch are all decent players, but I wouldn't go much beyond that. ISU is superior in every facet, other than fundamental basketball, which is tough to cap.

lyon804

Also, it was fun cashing what turned out to be "easy" money as in not having to sweat it. I sometimes win and wonder if it was worth it when I get all bent out of shape watching it.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Also, it was fun cashing what turned out to be "easy" money as in not having to sweat it. I sometimes win and wonder if it was worth it when I get all bent out of shape watching it.
    Yeah -- I figured we'd have one of the two go down to the wire spread wise.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

UCSB +3 (4U)
    San Diego State -2.5 (2U)
    South Alabama +3 (1U)
    Wisconsin +8 (1U)
    South Florida +5 (1U)
    Duquesne +6 (1U)
    Brown +5 (1U)
    Drexel +4.5 (1U)

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Why so big on UCSB NoCo countin on a let down that much???

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGBUCK View Post
    Why so big on UCSB NoCo countin on a let down that much???
    Combination of a lot of things, but yeah, that's part of it. I think this UCSB squad is relatively solid and UNLV is playing their first true road game of the year. Not sure if I'll go with the ML or not, but I think the 3 is safe (wish I'd have gotten the 4 last night).

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Cal-Riverside +4 (2U)
    Minnesota -3 (1U) -- if this closes above -3, it will be a bigger play
    Last edited by No coincidences; 11-30-11 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Drake removed

lyon804

Nothing really stands out to me today as a strong play.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Wow -- Michigan State just got hammered.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Nothing really stands out to me today as a strong play.
    Smart man lyon.

lyon804

Wow -- Michigan State just got hammered.

I see that. Very similar to the Duke OSU line at this same time yesterday... I doubt the same result occurs. MSU might cover but I would be surprised to see them blowout FSU are really anybody for that manner.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I see that. Very similar to the Duke OSU line at this same time yesterday... I doubt the same result occurs. MSU might cover but I would be surprised to see them blowout FSU are really anybody for that manner.
    I honestly think someone is buying MSU up to get FSU at a better number. No way I'd lay -7.5 in this spot. MSU way too untested and unpredictable at this point.

lyon804

I honestly think someone is buying MSU up to get FSU at a better number. No way I'd lay -7.5 in this spot. MSU way too untested and unpredictable at this point.

If my memory serves me correct MSU could not cover a game at home last year as a favorite. What little I have watched them doesn't seem like that will change, but considering FSU question marks as well I think I will pass.

j_to_the
    j_to_the's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cal-Riverside +4 (2U)
    Minnesota -3 (1U) -- if this closes above -3, it will be a bigger play
    NC - curious on your MN pick.. that line jumped out at me in favor of VT..

MN just lost Mbakwe, their leader in minutes, points, rebounds, and shooting.. some of those by a large margin. How does MN replace that? By their outside game/shooting? They're 34% from behind the arc. Even historically, MN blows ATS at home.. (as does VT away, however).

Not bashing, as anything can happen, but I am curious on your reasoning.

BigDan

glad to see you jump ship on vtech and switch to minny...this gm just got one of those feels to it, everyone loves vtech because of the injury but think they are neglecting to realize vtech is nothing special...bunker mentality for the gophers tonight, next man in,everyone steps up to replace fallen teammate, cliche gm!! lol ..

havnt went as far as you and played minny as of yet but their no way id touch vtech here..
    Last edited by BigDan; 11-30-11 at 10:58 AM.

BigDan

dont think the fsu/msu gm is playable, to me anyway....you would think fsu can hold their own on the inside and msu offense is so atrocious they have to be winning on the glass, at the same time who wants to trust fsu? not me..

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Like the Brown play.!! And I think Richmond may be a strong play also...............GL

BigDan

lyon it is good to see you getting into college hoops brother, i remember back in the day it wasnt really your thing...is it solely because of no nba or are you starting to enjoy it?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by j_to_the View Post
    NC - curious on your MN pick.. that line jumped out at me in favor of VT..

MN just lost Mbakwe, their leader in minutes, points, rebounds, and shooting.. some of those by a large margin. How does MN replace that? By their outside game/shooting? They're 34% from behind the arc. Even historically, MN blows ATS at home.. (as does VT away, however).

Not bashing, as anything can happen, but I am curious on your reasoning.
    glad to see you jump ship on vtech and switch to minny...this gm just got one of those feels to it, everyone loves vtech because of the injury but think they are neglecting to realize vtech is nothing special...bunker mentality for the gophers tonight, next man in,everyone steps up to replace fallen teammate, cliche gm!! lol ..

havnt went as far as you and played minny as of yet but their no way id touch vtech here..
    He answered your question as well as I could.

mbs4
    mbs4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4546

4-0, +8U tonight
    29-23, +2.8U season
    Was it not +8.33U? 2+3+2+1.33

lyon804

lyon it is good to see you getting into college hoops brother, i remember back in the day it wasnt really your thing...is it solely because of no nba or are you starting to enjoy it?

I am far from an expert at it and quite honestly over the years I have been awful betting college basketball. I would like to be good at it. I have had some early success this season being very selecive and reading other's opinions on games. But to answer your question, yes it is because no NBA. College is alot harder imo because there are so many teams and they change so often and home court plays alot more than the NBA does. Also, emotion is very hard to cap. These college kids are very emotional young people that sometimes are bothered by school work, girlfriends,etc,etc... Pro's just play the game and more times than not you get the same effort every nite. A 25 ppg scorer in the NBA will rarely score 8 pts in a game and in college it happens all the time, so it is hard to cap the inconsistencies.

I do appreciate how other's are very good at betting college basketball and I love to read other's analysis on games. It's evident some are wired right for betting it. I am just none one of them yet.

lyon804

For example,last nite NC picked Ohio St and I totally agreed with the play and tailed the play. I was very pleased with the results. I knew Ohio St was better and the road would be a test for a young Duke team. But make no mistake Ohio St is NOT 20+pts better than Duke on any court. Duke got a little sweat in the crack of there ass with the early adversity and pressed and ultimately folded shop. They was not use to that experiece and it hurt there little feelings and did not have the poise to answer. That does not happen in the NBA because there is no real emotion. Yes, NBA teams get blown out all the time but it is not because they got there feelings hurt. It is usually because of bad situation are too many mis- matches are just current form of one team against current form of the other. Good teams in the NBA run bad and bad teams run good sometimes and you have to identify that along with the situation and a plethora of other factors that will decide the outcome of the game to cap the game. That is the anatomy of winning gambling betting on NBA, but it does not translate the same in college.

BigDan

no doubt osu surely isnt 20 points better, more situational than anything. obvious they were the more prepared team from the get go..

for some reason im opposite, college hoops always been my best sport while NBA is more difficult for me....i used to check out your nba threads while you were in my col threads from time to time back in the day

just good to see a few of the quality posters still hanging around as this place has went to shit for the most part the last few years..nc threads generally a good place to find ppl i always respected tho

lyon804

no doubt osu surely isnt 20 points better, more situational than anything. obvious they were the more prepared team from the get go..

for some reason im opposite, college hoops always been my best sport while NBA is more difficult for me....i used to check out your nba threads while you were in my col threads from time to time back in the day

just good to see a few of the quality posters still hanging around as this place has went to shit for the most part the last few years..nc threads generally a good place to find ppl i always respected tho

You wouldn't happen to be a Cardinals fan would you

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

BigDan

yes sir

not to rub salt but we thank your Braves for the late season meltdown

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by mbs4 View Post
    Was it not +8.33U? 2+3+2+1.33
    Sorry for the confusion -- all of the posted amounts are "to win."

bkeith12
    Cleveland St - 6h and -11.5 for the game
    bkeith12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Thanks pal.

Still pissed about the Drake game, but im riding with Iowa St - 5 1/2 tonight

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by bkeith12 View Post
    Still pissed about the Drake game, but im riding with Iowa St - 5 1/2 tonight

might be wise to hold off a little while..think there still room for the line to tick down a little more for you.. im mean if you happy at 5.5 great just saying every point helps.. gl

First ... 3456789 ... Last