Luv2Play2
    Luv2Play2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

i already got some @ -6'

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    that's what i'm hoping. i'm glad to see that it's already heading back up to 7 at some shops, so at least it met with some resistance. fk RAS, i say.

very tempted to play the Tribe TT under 56 against Missou. Tribe will play super slow because they know that they cannot run with Missou.
    if it goes higher b4 tip ill add more .. yep Bill is slow to buzy watch'n sis's azz.. gl 2day
    watching it closely = both my shops are @ -6 now .. add another 1/2 ...
    damm biff we missed that 1.. but i tailed the hatter and i got it back + $$$$
    Last edited by Luv2Play2; 12-18-11 at 01:45 PM.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

adding

2* Montana State +4' (-108)

Sunday 12.18.2011 updated card
    3* Xavier -7' (-105) - LOSER
    3* Eastern Illinois/Northwestern 1H over 63' - WINNER
    2* Montana State +4' (-108)

BiffTFinancial

Sunday 12.18.2011 updated card
    3* Xavier -7' (-105) - LOSER
    3* Eastern Illinois/Northwestern 1H over 63' - WINNER
    2* Montana State +4' (-108) - LOSER

1-2 -2.31u

12-17 -11.21u season to date
    Last edited by BiffTFinancial; 12-19-11 at 09:12 AM.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Biff, looks like you were 2-1 yesterday

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    Biff, looks like you were 2-1 yesterday
    oops, no, i lost the late game but typed in winner by accident (wishful thinking). fixed it.

BiffTFinancial

Monday 12.19.2011
    2* SMU/SE Missouri State under 125

also lean over in Temple/Rice, La Salle/Delaware, but both of those are dropping.

BiffTFinancial

adding

3* Temple/Rice over 139'

BiffTFinancial

adding

2* Louisiana-Monroe +27'

Monday 12.19.2011
    3* Temple/Rice over 139'
    2* SMU/SE Missouri State under 125
    2* Louisiana-Monroe +27'

BOL to all tonight.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

what you have for the final score on Temple/rice? curious as temple is getting very appealing to me since the line drop..

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    what you have for the final score on Temple/rice? curious as temple is getting very appealing to me since the line drop..
    i have that game as Temple, 78-71
    Points Awarded:

lyon804 gave BiffTFinancial 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BigDan

that what im saying..strange this thing dropped to -3.5 and looking like it might hit -3 shortly

not sure who the hell is playing rice at this number but whatever ill take a crack with the pudding pops getting the split in tex...

gl tonight..

BiffTFinancial

that what im saying..strange this thing dropped to -3.5 and looking like it might hit -3 shortly not sure who the hell is playing rice at this number but whatever ill take a crack with the pudding pops getting the split in tex... gl tonight..
    i don't understand it, which is one of the reasons that i'm on the over rather than Temple, but no way would i bet Rice. the fact that Rice's leading scorer left the last game with injury and the fact that he's now confirmed to be playing could explain the line movement a little bit maybe. no way would i play Rice, and at -3 or -3', Temple definitely looks good. only way you can take Rice is if you think that they'll force Temple to have an off shooting night. Rice's perimeter defense is really bad and Temple can shoot, and after loss in Austin, i'm guessing we'll see Temple focused from the outset. BOL, BigDan.

BigDan

no doubt..ive learned long ago not to even stress over line moves just embrace them when they bring me added value on the side i already liked, maybe not a popular opinion around here but who the hell knows whats driving them? tout/syndicate/whatever, they dont scare me as i trust myself..

BiffTFinancial

no doubt..ive learned long ago not to even stress over line moves just embrace them when they bring me added value on the side i already liked, maybe not a popular opinion around here but who the hell knows whats driving them? tout/syndicate/whatever, they dont scare me as i trust myself..
    if someone worried too much about line moves, he would've avoided Okie State in CFB almost every week this fall, and that would've been a very bad idea. main thing is not getting a bad number (like i did with Xavier yesterday and Ohio U the day before - of course, neither game came even close to the spread, for better and worse).

BiffTFinancial

77-70, almost.

BiffTFinancial

Monday 12.19.2011 final card
    3* Temple/Rice over 139' - WINNER
    2* SMU/SE Missouri State under 125 - LOSER
    2* Louisiana-Monroe +27' - WINNER

2-1 +2.8u tonight

14-18 -8.41u season to date

BigDan

77-70, almost.

very nice..i had the spread but had total i tick lower than you...

BiffTFinancial

very nice..i had the spread but had total i tick lower than you...
    hey, we both win - sounds good to me. after this funk that i've been in for the past ten days, i'm just glad when a game comes in the way that i expect. time to start seeing the ball better...

BiffTFinancial

hey, lyon804, thanks for the points, pal.

BigDan

hey, we both win - sounds good to me. after this funk that i've been in for the past ten days, i'm just glad when a game comes in the way that i expect. time to start seeing the ball better...

no doubt..yea i noticed you been struggling a little lately but the best time of the year is right around the corner and i have no doubt you will get on top of your gm brother..

BiffTFinancial

no doubt..yea i noticed you been struggling a little lately but the best time of the year is right around the corner and i have no doubt you will get on top of your gm brother..
    thanks, man. started well (7-3), but had a 1-9 stretch (about -16u) over Friday/Saturday two weekends ago that dug a hole for myself. i normally pretty much lay off of CBB entirely until after New Years, so i'd just like to get back to even by January 1st. yesterday was a start, onward and upward.

don't like a ton today, but haven't spent much time looking. my favorite angle is the "keep-up" game angle - find home dogs of 4-10 that meet certain other criteria and play the over. Temple/Rice yesterday was a prime example, La Salle/Delaware was marginal (and finished right around the total depending upon when booked). no candidates today, will have to sharpen my pencil and figure something out. hard not to make a play on Richmond/ODU. Ohio U getting 6 at UNI looks tempting. also think that Gonzaga will kill Butler.

BiffTFinancial

Tuesday 12.20.2011
    3* Samford/Kentucky over 137

BigDan

yea this card has nothing real special to offer imo..could just be me but i dont see much i really like a lot.. think ive stuck myself on Idaho, figured they were gonna be popular but seems like they gonna turn out to be one of the most lopsided bets of the day (guess i underestimated ppls rightful thoughts to fade wright st), still see them as a good play, just surprised at how many folks on a gm i thought might sneak thru the cracks a little...

you probably on to something with zags, Butler's win against Purdue was much more about the Boilermakers than Butler imo..

richmond/odu both struggling to much for my taste..

ohio/uni def the game of the day, like both enough where this one hard for me..gun to my head id take the points but dont feel great about it..

leaning Buffalo but would like to get +14 as it kinda marginal so ill take all the points i can get..

BiffTFinancial

yea this card has nothing real special to offer imo..could just be me but i dont see much i really like a lot.. think ive stuck myself on Idaho, figured they were gonna be popular but seems like they gonna turn out to be one of the most lopsided bets of the day (guess i underestimated ppls rightful thoughts to fade wright st), still see them as a good play, just surprised at how many folks on a gm i thought might sneak thru the cracks a little... you probably on to something with zags, Butler's win against Purdue was much more about the Boilermakers than Butler imo.. richmond/odu both struggling to much for my taste.. ohio/uni def the game of the day, like both enough where this one hard for me..gun to my head id take the points but dont feel great about it.. leaning Buffalo but would like to get +14 as it kinda marginal so ill take all the points i can get..
    i like Idaho, but you've hit on one of the reasons that i play more totals than sides - hate it when seems as if everyone is on a play, and that happens a lot more with sides than totals. Wright State is terrible.

that's exactly my reasoning on Butler - they are off their best win of the season, and got it as much because of Purdue being unable to close the game out as because of anything Butler did well. Sacre is going to absolutely own that galoot Andrew Smith inside. Butler TT under 60 also worth a look probably.

i hear you on Richmond and ODU, probably best to avoid, but not easy to pass. interesting note: teams have shot over 80% vs UR from FT line (tops in nation). obviously, that falls into the category of bad luck and cannot last. of course, many of UR's ills are not luck-related.

kind of like Buffalo/BYU over.

BigDan

i didnt notice the 80% free throw shooting against richmond, fukk id kill for teams i bet to shoot that when trying to close out a game! they certainly shouldnt have to worry about that today as odu seems to intentionally recruit kids that cant make a free throw..

agree buf/byu has a pretty good shot at going over..

BiffTFinancial

i didnt notice the 80% free throw shooting against richmond, fukk id kill for teams i bet to shoot that when trying to close out a game! they certainly shouldnt have to worry about that today as odu seems to intentionally recruit kids that cant make a free throw.. agree buf/byu has a pretty good shot at going over..
    sticks out like a sore thumb (literally) on UR's kenpom page. it's a shade of red that you rarely see from kenpom, that #345 ranking. you're right about ODU FT shooting. i double-checked it, but even before i had, my thought was that ODU probably didn't shoot more than 65%. sure enough, they shoot 64.9%.

BigDan

yea i saw it when i went back and looked..guess i didnt pay much attention to this gm 1st time around...

wonder who the hell decided it was a good idea to play UAB? not saying i loved VCU @-12 but crazy to me that anyone would wanna back a team as turnover prone as UAB against the vcu vultures...VCU one of those teams i have a soft spot for and bet quite frequently so maybe im not very impartial but damn if uab doesnt value the rock it could get ugly..

they have played close gms in recent years and uab should be able to get some things done on the glass but if steam chasers push this to single digits id start getting tempted..

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13629

Nice call.

BiffTFinancial

yea i saw it when i went back and looked..guess i didnt pay much attention to this gm 1st time around... wonder who the hell decided it was a good idea to play UAB? not saying i loved VCU @-12 but crazy to me that anyone would wanna back a team as turnover prone as UAB against the vcu vultures...VCU one of those teams i have a soft spot for and bet quite frequently so maybe im not very impartial but damn if uab doesnt value the rock it could get ugly.. they have played close gms in recent years and uab should be able to get some things done on the glass but if steam chasers push this to single digits id start getting tempted..
    hard to blame you for skipping ODU/UR. if i play it, i'll probably play UR -4. Robins Center is a tough place to play, and UR has done well again ODU in recent seasons, particularly in Richmond. that said, UR is struggling, so pass might be in order.

UAB/VCU is similar to Temple/Rice, in my mind. i don't care what the line movement says, i can't play UAB just as i couldn't play Rice. definitely think that VCU wins by double digits.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Nice call.
    thanks, pal. throw enough stuff out there, some of it is bound to be correct, haha.

BigDan

hard to blame you for skipping ODU/UR. if i play it, i'll probably play UR -4. Robins Center is a tough place to play, and UR has done well again ODU in recent seasons, particularly in Richmond. that said, UR is struggling, so pass might be in order.

UAB/VCU is similar to Temple/Rice, in my mind. i don't care what the line movement says, i can't play UAB just as i couldn't play Rice. definitely think that VCU wins by double digits.

i knew you were either on Richmond or pass, understand it but have had the misfortune of watching them lately and i cant get that picture out of my head..

VCU feels damn near identical to temple..same as yesterday i thought the line was pretty sound and wasnt looking to play it then out of nowhere starts getting steamed down and i start questioning wtf are ppl thinking playing a turnover machine like Uab in Shaka's house of turnovers...all the line move telling me is someone getting some bad advice..if it goes under 10 im playing them (preferably 9)..just gotta hope steam chasers do the work now..

BiffTFinancial

current leans
    Ohio U +6 (down to 5' most places right now, but no rush)
    Richmond -4
    Bucknell +19
    Idaho -2'
    Evansville +6
    Butler/Gonzaga under 132
    Gonzaga -13
    Butler TT under 59'
    Buffalo/BYU over 146
    Last edited by BiffTFinancial; 12-20-11 at 12:58 PM.

BiffTFinancial

i knew you were either on Richmond or pass, understand it but have had the misfortune of watching them lately and i cant get that picture out of my head.. VCU feels damn near identical to temple..same as yesterday i thought the line was pretty sound and wasnt looking to play it then out of nowhere starts getting steamed down and i start questioning wtf are ppl thinking playing a turnover machine like Uab in Shaka's house of turnovers...all the line move telling me is someone getting some bad advice..if it goes under 10 im playing them (preferably 9)..just gotta hope steam chasers do the work now..
    Richmond has been bad of late, no doubt, i just think that this is a decent spot for them and that Mooney will have them ready. ODU good on defense, esp at forcing turnovers, but UR good at handling the ball and avoiding TOs, and ODU is bad across the board offensively. if UR can keep them off of the glass, ODU will struggle to find points and UR can win the game at the line. of course, i've been wrong before...

BiffTFinancial

adding

2* Buffalo/BYU over 146'

Tuesday 12.20.2011 updated card
    3* Samford/Kentucky over 137
    2* Buffalo/BYU over 146'

BiffTFinancial

leans still considering