Betpoints: 80

Goodfella's Sat NCAA HOOPS - 1/24/09 - Writeups

NCAA HOOPS (17-12-2) (+8.5 UNITS)
    ****(0-0)
    ***(2-0-1)
    **(4-3)
    *(11-9-1)

**DUKE -15.5
    This is not the Maryland teams of old that could give Duke a run for their money. Duke has proven to be an elite team that takes care of business at home and will give Maryland trouble. This is a very reasonable number for the Dukies. I think depth plays a huge role in this one.

*SOUTH FLORIDA +7
    The public love Nova in this one although they are not a great road team (3-2) this season. South Florida however has managed to only lose to Syracuse by 5, beat Depaul by 9, and lose by 14 to Big East leader Louisville at home this year. I think they will keep this game within the spread.

MORE TO COME LATER

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
    Last edited by Goodfella10; 01-24-09 at 10:48 AM.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Good luck to you, Goodfella.

Goodfella10
    Goodfella10's Avatar Become A Pro!

ADDING: GAMES UP UNTIL 4PM EASTERN

*AUBURN +5
    The Tigers have an experienced team that is undersized, but it sometimes plays to their advantage. I know the Hogs have beaten Texas and Oklahoma at home, but they are winless in the SEC (0-3). Experience will give the Tigers an edge to cover and possibly win.

*MISSOURI -18
    These Tigers have the ability to blow inferior teams out (6 30+ point wins at home). Texas Tech again is not the old Bob Knight Raiders. Their program took a big step back when he retired. It will show again today.

*GEORGIA ST +4.5
    Purely a play based on Deleware being bet heavily by the public.

*KENTUCKY -7
    Alonzo Gee will give Meeks a great matchup today, but without Ronald Steele I don't see the Tide playing within this spread. I also don't know the Tide have a big man to compete with Patterson. The Wildcats also will expand the lead with good FT shooting.

*TENNESSEE -3
    These teams are very evenly matched and I feel that Tennessee has played better competition so far to prepare for this game. The Vols have lost a few at home, but it is still a very hard place to play. Last years game was a battle and I believe Tennesse returns more quality players from that game to help get the win.

MORE TO COME LATER

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Goodfella10

(3-1) START TODAY

ADDING:

**WASHINGTON -2
    I will always take a non-ranked team vs. a ranked team when they are favored in a mathcup. Plus, the Huskies have owned UCLA in the last 5 meetings when playing at home.

**WISCONSIN +7
    The Badgers are one of the few teams that have been able to pull out wins at Illinois over the last couple seasons. They have won the past two seasons in Champaigne and have won the last five meetings between these two teams. The Badgers have also lost 3 straight games and I look for them to rebound in this matchup.

**NEBRASKA -2
    Nebraska is tough at home and Oklahoma State is not a great road team this season. The Huskers have won the last 2 meetings in Nebraska and I expect that to continue. Tempo will play a huge role and look for Nebraska to keep it slowed down. They usually do a good job of this at home.

*OKLAHOMA -7
    The Sooners are a different team at home than they are on the road this season. Oklahoma has already knocked off Texas, Nebraska, and Utah this season at their place. Like most teams, I don't believe they have an answer for Griffin inside.

*VIRGINIA +1
    The public love the Noles in this matchup. The Cavs have really had their way with the Noles when playing at home, winning 4 of the last 5. The one loss took an overtime victory for the Noles to pull it out. Virginia is a better FT shooting and rebounding team than the Noles. The kicker is that they also take better care of the basketball on the season.

MORE TO COME
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Goodfella10

(4-5-1) (-.6 units today)

ADDING:

I AM HEADED OUT FOR THE NIGHT. NO TIME FOR WRITEUPS

****LSU -2.5
    **UCONN -2