MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Remember when ESPN said VCU shouldn't have made the Tourney?

Great call ESPN analysts! Great call! They have only made it to the final 4!

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Their resume still blew, based on the regular season they probably shouldn't have been in. It's just like George Mason when they got in and probably shouldn't have, then they make a run. Should every team that gets upset in the 1st round not have made it in. It's the same kind of thinking.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

committe did its job, colorado or Vtech wouldve been knocked out long time ago.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Their resume was questionable, but so were all the teams Vitale and Bilas were pushing to get in ahead of them. Not to mention the five 14-loss at-large teams that were selected. And four of those five teams were booted in their first games.

The ESPN guys are all about backing the big-name schools and conferences. Jay Bilas and Vitale don't mind ripping the VCUs and UABs of the world because they don't cover their games. They'll never rip a Big East or Big 10 selection because their heads are up the asses of those coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Their resume still blew, based on the regular season they probably shouldn't have been in. It's just like George Mason when they got in and probably shouldn't have, then they make a run. Should every team that gets upset in the 1st round not have made it in. It's the same kind of thinking.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    The only reason people think their resume blew is because people don't give the smaller conferences any respect. The Colonial is a good conference but because they are smaller schools, they don't credit. George Mason took out Villanova (Nova was shady tho). Old Dominion lost by 2 on a last second buzzer beater to Final 4 bound Butler. VCU is now in the Final 4. These smaller conferences have some solid schools.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is the main reason they are playing the way they are. They took quotes by people like Lenardi and used it as motivation to prove them wrong...one would typically expect that to carry them only so far before the "better" teams took over...still waiting...I'm sure VCU will be sending ESPN a nice gift basket this x-mas

supr_villn
    the play never changes
    supr_villn's Avatar Become A Pro!

u ppl are clueless

ESPN only sold that view
    in order that u don't bet VCU

i feel like a rookie having not cashed on them

looking back shyt was plain as day ,,
    exactly how i played GB 12-1 odds 4 SB

& yet $6000 later i still haven't "truly" learned ..

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Quote Originally Posted by supr_villn View Post
    u ppl are clueless ESPN only sold that view in order that u don't bet VCU i feel like a rookie having not cashed on them looking back shyt was plain as day ,, exactly how i played GB 12-1 odds 4 SB & yet $6000 later i still haven't "truly" learned ..
    No, ESPN sold it because they are homers for big conferences. ESPN hates the small schools from small conferences. I don't think Digger Phelps or anyone else on their shitty crew gives a damn about gambling, let alone try to influence the shit. ESPN hates the small conferences as much as CBS and the other networks.

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Watching ESPN? There's your problem.

nobodyukno
    nobodyukno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EasyHustlin View Post
    Watching ESPN? There's your problem.
    I love when people say this. If you like sports you watch ESPN. What the hell else are you supposed to watch. They have a monopoly in the television sports industry and if you like sports you watch it. What are you going to watch NFL/MLB/NHL/NBA Networks all day with their even more garbage programming?

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

them winning is irrelevant to if they should have been in or not. colorado definitely should have been in before them.
    the only reason butler is in is because they won their conference tourney. at best they were an outside chance bubble team. if they would have lost in the final they wouldn't have been in to make the final four.

the who should make it argument is a pre tournament argument only. it become irrelevant once the games are played. if you start making that argument after it starts then louisville or st. john's shouldn't have made it since they couldn't win a game, but of course that is not true.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

ESPN sucks!!!

Out of the dozens of dudes that work there, their are only a few who are worth a damn.

Get better news opinions on this forum, than from those jackwagons.

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyukno View Post
    I love when people say this. If you like sports you watch ESPN. What the hell else are you supposed to watch. They have a monopoly in the television sports industry and if you like sports you watch it. What are you going to watch NFL/MLB/NHL/NBA Networks all day with their even more garbage programming?
    Watching a live sporting event is the only time I watch ESPN. Any analysis from their so-called "experts" on that channel is trash. I can count on one hand the number of analysts there that are actually worth a damn.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Their resume was questionable, but so were all the teams Vitale and Bilas were pushing to get in ahead of them.
    Yup. Bilas threw a fit about VCU getting in. He looks pretty dumb now.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyukno View Post
    If you like sports you watch ESPN.
    I very rarely do. They have become a caricature of themselves.