ephi408
    ephi408's Avatar Become A Pro!

VCU +170 ML is a STEAL

TAKE IT AND RUNNNNN
    ARGGGGH MATEEEEEYYY

VCU should be -3 at least IMO. FSU did beat the number 2 team from the Big East but the fact that only two of them are still remaining are quite telling (Notice that the only people defending the Big East are Big East coach's who are now announcing).

Some of you might fade me because of this comment but idgafk. Charles Barkely said something pretty genius the other day; he said something along the lines of "To go far or even win the NCAA Championship you gotta have that special player. That one guy that can just push you over the edge. Having a good team can help you throughout the season but every team in the NCAA double tournament is a good team. Playing good team defense is great and all but every team needs to have good team defense to get here. It's about your star player stepping up in those final minutes."

Joey Rodriguez might be the best true point guard playing right now. Pulling up a double - double against an elite caliber team isn't something that a regular joe point guard can do on a good day. It wasn't a blow-out/free-break away assist tally, some of the plays he made were Chris Paul Like.
    Last edited by ephi408; 03-24-11 at 11:58 PM. Reason: spelt name wrong

nanozane
    nanozane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

interesting.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Quote Originally Posted by ephi408 View Post
    TAKE IT AND RUNNNNN
    ARGGGGH MATEEEEEYYY

VCU should be -3 at least IMO. FSU did beat the number 2 team from the Big East but the fact that only two of them are still remaining are quite telling (Notice that the only people defending the Big East are Big East coach's who are now announcing).

Some of you might fade me because of this comment but idgafk. Charles Barkely said something pretty genius the other day; he said something along the lines of "To go far or even win the NCAA Championship you gotta have that special player. That one guy that can just push you over the edge. Having a good team can help you throughout the season but every team in the NCAA double tournament is a good team. Playing good team defense is great and all but every team needs to have good team defense to get here. It's about your star player stepping up in those final minutes."

Joey Rodriguez might be the best true point guard playing right now. Pulling up a double - double against an elite caliber team isn't something that a regular joe point guard can do on a good day. It wasn't a blow-out/free-break away assist tally, some of the plays he made were Chris Paul Like.
    Fade city for me. FSU takes this cinderalla to the shed.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Who's gonna stop Singleton?

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

If VCU can keep their turnovers low they will pull off a win. I think im going to stay away from this game though. My favorite play is ohio state so far.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Jamie Skeen (Wake Forest transfer) will be on Singleton more than likely

GOB
    GOB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3770

I like VCU, and I think there is some value on the VCU ML, but I really think FSU is going to win. Defense is simply more consistent than offense. One of these games VCU isn't going to shoot it quite as well as they have in the past few games, but FSU should easily be able to continue bringing the defensive intensity they have the whole season.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by GOB View Post
    I like VCU, and I think there is some value on the VCU ML, but I really think FSU is going to win. Defense is simply more consistent than offense. One of these games VCU isn't going to shoot it quite as well as they have in the past few games, but FSU should easily be able to continue bringing the defensive intensity they have the whole season.
    Good point, but if you havent noticed VCU plays good defense also. Bad thing about VCU their accustomed to getting outrebounded by a decent margin, that doesnt bode well and FSU isnt great offensively but lately theyve been better, knocking down 3's and playing with good chemistry.

breathmints
    breathmints's Avatar Become A Pro!

Purdue was slow and weak they didnt perform well..the win was a fluke..vcu did score alot makes u think though but flordia state is not under rated they a strong team to beat

ephi408

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Good point, but if you havent noticed VCU plays good defense also. Bad thing about VCU their accustomed to getting outrebounded by a decent margin, that doesnt bode well and FSU isnt great offensively but lately theyve been better, knocking down 3's and playing with good chemistry.
    Glad to see another UAB fan on here! It's tough sometimes, but someone has to sit in that beautiful arena.

VCU isn't shooting the ball remarkably well. If you are getting 20-25 layups/open shots a game, you're going to shoot a high percentage whether or not your team is a good shooting team. I just don't see VCU getting out-physicaled by FSU.

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

TAKING THE NOLES BECAUSE..........................

11 VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH RAMS26-11 | 12-6 (16-20 ATS)
    VCU 5-10 | 175 Sr Joey Rodriguez
    2.3 Asst|T-Over Ratio
    VCU 6-2 | 190 Sr Brandon Rozzell
    VCU 6-4 | 210 Sr Ed Nixon

VCU 6-5 | 225 Jr Bradford Burgess
    #5 Min Played (1369)
    14.1 PPG | 49% FG
    VCU 6-9 | 240 Sr Jamie Skeen
    15.2 PPG | 52.6% FG
    10 FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES22-10 | 11-6 Conf (17-11 ATS)
    FSU 6-4½ | 204 Sr Derwin Kitchen
    FSU 6-5 | 196 Jr Deividas Dulkys
    FSU 6-5 | 200 So Michael Snaer

FSU 6-9 | 227 Jr Chris Singleton
    High T-Over Rate (4%)
    FSU 6-10 | 240 Jr Bernard James
    #3 Ast Rate among Post Players (13.3%)
    Noles #1 NCAA, Several Defensive Efficiency Areas:
    FSU #1 DEFENSIVE EFFICIENCY (0.859 D-PPP)
    FSU #1 2-Pt Defense (39.9% ALWD)

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

VCU is SMALLLL

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Look at VCU's record - they arent that good based on stats/ size/ rankings --- what they have done is caught lightning in a bottle and are playing their best ball of the entire season so stats are misleading on this one

FR3SH like UgHH
    FR3SH like UgHH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1194

Damn so torn here.

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

i think both virginia teams are going to be losing

ZGatorGuy
    ZGatorGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

VCU was 4th in their division this year and made a great run in the CAA championship only to lose to ODU. ODU is very similar to FSU, and they have one of the best defenses in the league. In their wins over USC and Georgetown they only shot 41% against USC and 34% against Georgetown. And they only got hot against a tired and weak Purdue team. FSU will not let them shoot over 40% in the game. Not only that but thier legs will be gone for their 4th game in this tourny.

FSU covers the spread

dwang0725
    dwang0725's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 813

You make it sound like they played 4 games in 4 days. This is their 4th game since 3/16, a 9 day span. Very similar to their regular schedule.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Can't really look at stats here.

VCU was not good during the season, and based on that, they shouldn't have even made the tournament, let alone make the Sweet 16. The fact is they're playing a lot better now.

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

FSU's length gives most teams problems. We have seen what they have done to great shooting teams in Notre Dame and Duke.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

VCU wins because they can out hustle you and play with more intensity than most teams. VCU will not be able to out hustle or play with more intensity than FSU. This is the same VCU team that got pushed around by ODU and George Mason on their home court. FSU should win this game.

ZGatorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Can't really look at stats here. VCU was not good during the season, and based on that, they shouldn't have even made the tournament, let alone make the Sweet 16. The fact is they're playing a lot better now.
    Isn't that what evaluating a bet is? Looking at the stats and making an "informed guess?" VCU is going not going to get quality looks at the basket like they had against purdue and that is what ODU does so well. They make you take tough shots, and VCU failed 2 out of 3 times against this year. I am saying that based on the similarities of ODU and FSU, VCU will lose 2 out of 3 times. Not a great system, but that's why it's an opinon

hugh4310
    hugh4310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Good luck with that play!

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

FSU will beat VCU. I don't think you understand how well FSU is playing. BOL

Duby
    Duby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4602

I agree VCU should be fav here.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

ephi408

Exactly like I called it. Missed free throws but came through with perfect pass.

ZGatorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ephi408 View Post
    Exactly like I called it. Missed free throws but came through with perfect pass.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. Congrats on your +170

dwang0725
    dwang0725's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 813

Good call. I ended up getting them at +165 late. VCU gave up size, but out-hustled and played tenacious D. They harassed them all night.