ronjon619
    California Uber Alles
    ronjon619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

March is all about surviving and moving on not pretty wins. Just because SDSU needed 2 ot's to cover 7 points vs Temple it looked like an ugly win. They covered the 15 vs NCO. According to bookies they have been right on the money with the Aztecs. Houli is the only guy on here who has some sort of clue and he has gone back and forth on this game. Bookies think it can go in either direction, and guys flying the Big East flag, 5 wins in 5 nights and Kemba Kemba Kemba, might be in for a surprise tonight. Just saying

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by ronjon619 View Post
    it's an over ratted conference. SDSU has a better frontline and can actually play defense and rebound.
    I'm sorry--which conf is over rated? Anyone who thinks the MWC is tougher than the big east needs to have their head examined.Who has SDSU played defence against? If you look at SOS numbers by Jeff Sagarin and others you'll see a consensus opinion that the Huskies play a tougher schedule. Which could account for them giving up more points per game but it's puzzling that Uconn gets more rebounds/game than SDSU--not saying SDSU can't win-just your opinion isn't compelling.

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles
    ronjon619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
    I'm sorry--which conf is over rated? Anyone who thinks the MWC is tougher than the big east needs to have their head examined.Who has SDSU played defence against? If you look at SOS numbers by Jeff Sagarin and others you'll see a consensus opinion that the Huskies play a tougher schedule. Which could account for them giving up more points per game but it's puzzling that Uconn gets more rebounds/game than SDSU--not saying SDSU can't win-just your opinion isn't compelling.
    Stat books have buried bettors for a long time. If you like laying your hard earned $ on STATS then all the power to you.

kernssca
    kernssca's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is maybe the most even across the board matchup in the S16. SDST has shown they can't stop a prolific scorer so Kemba could be in for a big night, personally I do feel SDST will edge this one out, but that is only a hunch. No play is the best play here but for those gamblers who just have to bet, oh I don't know. SDST my shoe in of the week (it's a really big shoe)

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    I don't disagree that the big east is overrated. I am just saying that Uconn has proved to be a "tournament" team and can beat anybody on any nite.

Overrated or not what are the possibilities of SDSU beating: Depaul, Georgetown,Pittsburgh, Syracuse, and Louisville. 5 teams in 5 nites?
    The answer is about the same as Uconn accomplishing the same thing...and they did, kudos to the Huskies. Each game stands alone and this game caps out very even as reflected in the line. Considering the venue, I give a slight edge to San Diego St.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by ronjon619 View Post
    Stat books have buried bettors for a long time. If you like laying your hard earned $ on STATS then all the power to you.
    Wow you ignore everything I wrote & go off on a tangent about stats--nice talking to ya

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Personally, if you want to bet SDSU you probably should just pass the game. Uconn has proved to be a "tournament" team this year. They won the Maui classic, the Big East, and are now a sweet 16 team. Now, I don't follow college basketball closely and have not seen SDSU play, but this is the same team that couldn't beat BYU until Davies went down, even on there HC they lost to them. Mountain West is garbage conference and SDSU has only competed against 1 good team all yr (BYU) and could not beat them when they had there full squad.... Betting against Uconn or (Kemba Walker) because "squares" like them is nuts. Keep in mind also Uconn has been a dog in almost every other tournament game they have played in (Maui,Big East,MM)

Solid Advice. I told you and told you about fading Uconn, but no... I was told how mighty the Mountain West Conferecne was In the end BYU and SDSU was just pretenders that dominated a small weak pond.

thejus21
    thejus21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Solid Advice. I told you and told you about fading Uconn, but no... I was told how mighty the Mountain West Conferecne was In the end BYU and SDSU was just pretenders that dominated a small weak pond.
    I dont think dominated describes what happened. I think they showed they were both solid teams and Jimmer is the best scorer in the nation, but size and experience for UF played a key role, as well UCONN showing how they were battled tested and will fight till the end

First 12