Betpoints: 768

Nba final 2011

We finished the Playoffs 56-33

Until 2012

jimbojpc
    jimbojpc's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA

Jul 8, 2011 - A week into the 2011 NBA lockout, franchise owners and their high priest, commissioner David Stern, are still having trouble convincing the world that the 30 NBA teams are collectively losing hundreds of millions of dollars every year. It just doesn't make sense, and a small army of skeptics continues to look for the keystone that will unlock the league's financials and show what a scam this all is. But really, it might not be a scam. These dudes might actually be losing their shirts. (That raises a whole series of questions about Stern's job performance, of course.)

But one thing owners still can't explain away is the impact of rising team values, and as an avatar for this trend, huge recent purchase prices. The rising team values in the NBA are a two-pronged attack on the owners' position. Most nakedly, it's another cannon blasting at the claim that this is not a profitable league. Ratings soar, the gate soars, merchandise soars, team value soars ... and y'all can't turn a profit? PFFFFT. Maybe that's overly simplistic, but it's an easy line of thought to grok.

The other more powerful prong is that it diminishes the pleas of the owners to something like sniveling.

jimbojpc

NBA Future

Deron Williams(notes) signed a $700,000 contract to play in Turkey on July 7 in what looks like a developing trend for the future with NBA lockout talks stalled. Williams is attending the American Century Celebrity Golf Championship July 12-17 in Lake Tahoe but he will soon pack his bags and head across the Atlantic in hopes other NBA players will follow.

Expect more fringe superstars to decide on heading overseas next season while the NBA owners and the players battle back and forth. The players making the move overseas are gambling they will avoid injuries and they will stay in shape while playing against comparable competition.

Is this a mistake in judgement by Williams or a brilliant idea? The downside far outweighs the upside for Williams. He has more than $34 million due from the New Jersey Nets and he can opt out of his contract in 2012. Williams is bound and determined to hit the court in Turkey in September for Besiktas and if he does he will play in Eurocup qualifiers September 27 and October 4.

jimbojpc

NBA Latest

Calling from his Maui beach home, the man who has won more NBA games than anyone made his intentions perfectly clear late Friday afternoon:

Don Nelson will gladly trade those breezy Hawaiian trade winds for Minnesota winters and the chance to coach again, this time with the Timberwolves.

"I think it'd be a great fit," he said. "I love Minnesota."

It doesn't hurt that his daughter and grandchildren live in Minnetonka.

But that's not the reason Nelson wants a job that opened when the Wolves finally, officially fired Kurt Rambis on Tuesday, and it's not the reason he already has talked with Wolves boss David Kahn for about 40 minutes by phone and plans to talk with him again sometime this weekend.

"They have an opening," Nelson said, "and I don't have a job."

jimbojpc

sun mlb

Over 9 (-125) Yankee /Bluejays

jimbojpc

NBA Lastest

Dwight Howard's frustration with the NBA lockout has caused the Orlando Magic star to strongly consider playing overseas. In an exclusive interview Sunday with The Associated Press, Howard said he would consider playing in China or Europe if the NBA lockout doesn't end. Howard, a five-time All-Star who led Orlando to the NBA finals in 2009, stopped short of saying he's in contract discussions with teams overseas.

jimbojpc

nba news

NBA rumor mill gossip:
    Yao Ming's NBA days are over... Wolves interview Mike Woodson, will talk to Don Nelson, Bernie Bickerstaff... Warriors to hire Darren Erman... Bynum swipes handicapped parking spot.. MarShon Brooks scores 48 in rec game

jimbojpc

nba news

NBA rumor mill gossip:
    Timberwolves to interview Larry Brown... E'Twuan Moore to Italy... Kyrylo Fesenko to Ukraine? ... Ersan Ilyasova to Turkey... Yakhouba Diawara to Italy... Dahntay Jones gets married

jimbojpc

nba news

GOLDEN CALF

We touch on the Knicks-Mavericks situation in today's This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things, but there are some other necessary observations to make from the payroll study, and the Chicago Bulls are No. 1 with a bullet. (Literally!)

The Bulls have had the sixth-lowest payroll over the past six seasons, which is especially considering everyone considers the Bulls to be among the top three or so most lucrative franchises in the NBA. High revenues thanks to a loyal fanbase and high prices, and low payroll? It's quite a one-two punch to line Reinsdorf's pocket. With gold.
    The Bulls are one of eight teams that did not pay a dime of luxury tax over the last CBA. The others are: the Golden State Warriors, Detroit Pistons, New Orleans Hornets, L.A. Clippers, Atlanta Hawks, Sonics/Thunder and, of course, the Bobcats.
    OK, I can't resist one Knicks note here: New York's salary plus tax over the six seasons investigated -- three seasons of Isiah Thomas, two seasons of Donnie Walsh cleaning up Isiah's mess, one season of Donnie Walsh trying to win games -- it is more than double that of 13 other teams. The Washington Wizards rank 18th in salary plus tax. The Knicks' salary plus tax is twice that of the Wizards. Washington has a rough .394 winning percentage over that span. The Knicks are at .370. Oof.
    The Bobcats' league-low average payroll comes out to $54 million. In fairness, the salary floor didn't apply to the Bobcats in the early years of the team's existence, and Bob Johnson was not shy about cutting under it.
    Those broke Pacers, who have been rebuilding for roughly the entire CBA? They finished No. 12 in total payroll and tax, just under $1 million behind the San Antonio Spurs (who had the league's best winning percentage and one title) and ahead of the Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns and Utah Jazz, all three of whom had strong total winning percentages. The Pacers spent more than Suns over the past six years, and a total of $94 million over the annual salary caps (an average of $15 million over per season). The Pacers claim to be broke. This things are not unrelated.
    Last year's Sacramento Kings had the third lowest payroll of any non-Bobcats team in the last CBA at $44 million. The 2006 Hornets and Hawks undercut them by a couple million each. The big difference: the salary cap in 2006 was $49.5 million. In 2011, it was $58 million. Adjusted for the cap level, the Kings' were much cheaper last season than any team but the Bobcats have been within the past six years, coming in at 22 percent under the cap.
    If you add the salary cap from each season, you get $332 million. Only the Bobcats came under the number for the life of the CBA. The 29 other teams all went over the aggregate cap over the six seasons. Which begs the question: is it really a cap at all?

End Of NFL Lockout Deprives NBA Its Legal Snowplow - Jul 26
    NBA Salary Cap Works Perfectly ... For One Of Its Goals - Jul 25
    Does Your NBA Team Make You Happy Or Sad? An Investigation - Jul 22
    Chivalry In Basketball: Why Being An Impure Point Guard Isn't A Bad Thing - Jul 21
    NBA Fails To Learn Another Lockout Lesson, And It's A Bit Frightening - Jul 20
    Comments
    Display:
    Something to say? Choose one of these options to log in.
    Andrew Bogut: Elbow Not Yet Pain-Free, But 'Much Better
    Potential Atlanta Hawks Sale Still Alive, According To Report
    Santonio Holmes Will Re-Sign With Jets, According To Report

Pac-12 Media Poll Released; Oregon Tops Standings

Donte Stallworth Headed To Washington Redskins,

Kevin Love Has A Mohawk
    Rajon Rondo Admits Celtics Put 'Too Much Emphasis' On Kendrick Perkins Trade

jimbojpc

Sat NBA

Allen Iverson, who played in Turkey last season, is telling anyone who will listen that he wants back in the NBA. The 11-time All-Star says he won’t raise the same playing time gripes that he did in Detroit and then Memphis, where he declared that he was “not a reserve basketball player.” Here’s Iverson speaking to Dei Lynam at CSNPhilly.com:

“I just want to do whatever an organization wants me to do,” Iverson said. “Everybody made a big thing about me not wanting to come off the bench, but I said that at that point because it never happened to me in my life and it was something new to me, and obviously I didn’t know how to handle it. But to be back on the biggest stage is my whole thing and I feel like I have a couple more years left in my career and I want to play. I sat through and watched the whole season and it was tough for me. Now I just try to do what I have to do to be physically and mentally able to get back on the stage.”

We’ve heard this before from Iverson. The temptation is to scoff at him in the same way you do that person in your life who tells you for the 10th time that he’ll never do the same bad thing he always does — only this time he means it.

jimbojpc

Best NBA Guard

. Who's the best point guard in the NBA today?

Jovan Buha, ClipperBlog: Chris Paul. When healthy, there's no denying Paul's stature, especially after his brilliant display against the Lakers this postseason. His combination of vision, patience, grace, tenacity and selflessness allows him to dismantle the league's best defenses, dominate his opponents and execute plays that seem impossible.

Rob Mahoney, The Two Man Game: I may be in denial (or simply ignorant of the impact of his oddly frequent no-show performances), but I still lean toward Chris Paul. His court sense is absolutely impeccable, and the ease with which he scores somehow still flies under the radar. Package that dominant offensive skill set with good anticipatory D and innate leadership ability, and even the rest of the point guard elite can't quite keep pace.

Beckley Mason, HoopSpeak: Chris Paul's the best point guard in the NBA because he's an elite 3-point shooter who scores and assists efficiently while captaining a suspect cast to impressive offensive efficiency in clutch moments -- and because he can still turn your ankles to powder (ask Drew Bynum). Paul combines all that skill with supreme moxie and an inspirational leadership style.

Rob Peterson, Hardwood Paroxysm: Derrick Rose. No less an authority than Kobe Bryant called Rose a bad mutha. Rose proved it by winning the '11 MVP. Rose may be five inches shorter than LeBron James, but he has LeBron's all-around skill set and is a fiercer competitor. If he can develop a consistent jumper, Rose, already dangerous, could be unstoppable.

Royce Young, Daily Thunder: It's the ever-changing answer depending on who's hot at the time. After a big assist night, it's Rajon Rondo. After a crazy fourth-quarter takeover, it's Deron Williams. After an MVP, it's Derrick Rose. But there's one constant, one guy that's always good. And that's Chris Paul. Still the best, no doubt.

jimbojpc

NBA Salaries

List team by team

ft-injured Yao Ming officially retires

Shanghai, China (Sports Network) - Oft-injured Rockets center Yao Ming has
    officially retired, unable to continue his sometimes brilliant, but more often
    than not injury-plagued career in basketball.

Yao, after missing just two games out of 246 in his first three NBA seasons,
    was forced to sit out of 250 of a possible 492 games dating back to 2005-06
    with an assortment of leg injuries.

The Chinese star missed all but five games over the past two seasons,
    including the entire 2009-10 season, and announced his retirement Wednesday in
    his hometown of Shanghai.

"Special thanks in Houston. I'd like to thank you for giving me a great nine
    years in my NBA career," Yao said at his retirement press conference. "Nine
    years ago I came to Houston as Yao, tall, skinny player. The entire city and
    the team changed me to a grown man, not only as a basketball player. I feel
    also like I'm an Houstonian and I will always be with you."
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-01-14 at 10:53 AM.

jimbojpc

NBA Rumors August 7, 2011

[I]NBA Rumors for Sun, Aug. 7 2011.

Utah Jazz center Memo Okur will not sign with Fenerbahce Ulker, an Istanbul-based professional club in his native Turkey. The team’s general manager denied reports Saturday that his club was pursuing Okur. Aydin Ors told Salsabasket.net, a basketball website in Turkey, that Fenerbahce Ulker wasn’t planning to sign any new players. Salt Lake Tribune

Okur, who turned 32 in May, played only 13 games last season after rupturing his Achilles tendon in the first round of the 2010 playoffs against Denver. He has one year and $10.9 million remaining on his contract with the Jazz. Salt Lake Tribune

NBA rumor mill gossip:
    No Turkey deal for Kobe Bryant (for now)... Okur to Turkey? ... Joakim Noah arrives in France

jimbojpc

Latest news & Gossip

NBA rumor mill gossip:
    Atlanta Hawks will be sold. Team won't move... No Kobe, Okur signings in Turkey just yet... Bob Cousy thinks NBA overexpanded... Buy Tony Gaffney's diamonds

Happy birthday to young #Toronto #Raptors star DeMar DeRozan, who last season averaged 17.2 PPG on 46.7% FG 12 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

InsideHoops Gilbert Arenas and Rashard Lewis combine to earn around $41 million in salaries next season. #NBAlockout 14 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

InsideHoops Open letter from the #AtlantaHawks to their fans: #NBA 17 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

InsideHoops The #Atlanta #Hawks will announce early Monday afternoon that they've agreed to sell the team 18 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

InsideHoops Finally, the #Atlanta #Hawks are being SOLD: . #NBA 21 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

InsideHoops Turkish team not signing #UtahJazz center Mehmet Okur:. #NBA

jimbojpc

Wed mlb

Under 8.5 (-110)tigers/indians

jimbojpc

Latest NBA News & Rumors

All-Star Exhibition May Head to Australia

NBA players - including Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose and Pau Gasol - are among an All-Star team that is willing to play a tour of Australia.

It's understood the plan includes three All-Star matches at Rod Laver Arena later this year.

At least two sponsors have committed to back the tour and insurance issues - tipped to cost more than $1 million for the star-laden team

jimbojpc

12/26/12

imbojpc's Picks - Yesterday (All Sports)
    Sport: Time Frame:
    Team Pick Units Result
    NBA Basketball - 12/26/2012
    Brooklyn Nets @
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Milwaukee Bucks -5 (-105) 5 Win (+500)
    Cleveland Cavaliers @
    Washington Wizards
    Cleveland Cavaliers +1 (-106) 5 Win (+500)
    Detroit Pistons @
    Atlanta Hawks
    Atlanta Hawks -7.5 (-108) 5 Loss (-540)
    Golden State Warriors @
    Utah Jazz
    Golden State Warriors +4.5 (-107) 5 Win (+500)
    NCAA Football - 12/26/2012
    Central Michigan @
    Western Kentucky
    Central Michigan +6 (-107) 5 Win (+500)
    Central Michigan @
    Western Kentucky
    Under 56 (-106) 5 Win (+500)
    Al

jimbojpc

NBA PLAYOFFS - CONFERENCE FINALS Tues

Memphis at San Antonio -5 182.5

We are going to roll with Grizzlies +5 also small play on the Under 182.5

Spurs
    took off the first quarter, and never looked back. Memphis tightened up in the third quarter and made a strong run cut the lead to 62-56. look for memphis
    to recover and Zach Randolph to have a much better game for the grizz,. Defense defense

jimbojpc

Grizz at spurs

Well , even with the over time we take the under 1/2 point and the +5 cover . This game could cost Memphis big time and puts a lot of pressure for a 2-0 sweep at home.

Final OT Memphis at San Antonio
    Teams ROT 1 2 3 4 OT T Odds Bet Final
    MEM 505 13 18 33 21 4 89 5.5 Cover: +1.5
    SA 506 15 31 30 9 8 93 180.5 Over: 182
    Take Pacers +8
    8:30 at Miami

jimbojpc

Nba playoffs - conference finals

NBA PLAYOFFS - CONFERENCE FINALS

8:35p Friday
    Indiana Pacers
    -
    -
    -
    -
    +7.5 182.5
    Miami Heat

Take Pacers +7.5

This should make 4-0 ? please reply with updates thoughts or info?

jimbojpc

NBA Playoffs Indiana Pacers at Miami Heat 2013-06-03 20:35

Take the Indiana Pacers +7

jimbojpc

Nba playoffs - championship game #1

Let roll with a well rested better coached, and a very experienced stealth San Antonio Spurs +5. Putting a small play on the out right Win

jimbojpc

Game 2 NBA Finals 2013

Take the UNDER 188

Spurs +6

Play off record 6-1
    Last edited by jimbojpc; 06-09-13 at 07:17 AM.

jimbojpc

NBA game 3
    Take the Under 187.5

This has been a short NBA season . I believe we have the two best teams in a exciting Championship series.

jimbojpc

MBA championship game 4

Take Spurs +2
    Under 187

jimbojpc

This NBA championship is great for the networks and Vegas for sure. Playing out like a movie script. Let the puppets play ! Sit back relax and enjoy the show exciting. Took the Spurs ? Honestly! flip a coin and watch the board , and ride with Vegas you are on the correct track. Good luck and Thanks

First 123