asjulian
    asjulian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Nuggets@Magic huge ref mistake

There are clearly at least .9 seconds left (as seen on the shot clock on the left). The ball has cleared the net clock after Nelson's 3. And Denver had a timeout left. Why is nobody talking about this? If it were against the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks etc it would be the leading story...

http://vslive.tv/highlights/nba/orla...11_1300516445/
    Last edited by asjulian; 03-19-11 at 05:41 PM.

Hazious
    Lake Show Life
    Hazious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

what about the last 12 seconds where denver is taking the ball out of bounds and it ends up in the back court, phantom whistle blows and denver gets to take the ball out from the same spot again. i never figured out wtf the call was on this. anyone else see this?

asjulian

Quote Originally Posted by asjulian View Post
    there are clearly at least .9 seconds left (as seen on the shot clock on the left). The ball has cleared the net clock after nelson's 3. And denver had a timeout left. Why is nobody talking about this? If it were against the lakers, celtics, knicks etc it would be the leading story...

http://vslive.tv/highlights/nba/orla...11_1300516445/
    Name:  nelson's 3 time left.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  32.0 KB

vinny808
    vinny808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1243

Because when it went in the basket there was actually .6 seconds left... You can clearly see that at .9 the ball hasn't even touched the rim yet....The refs didnt do anything wrong. Good shot by Nelson.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Stern hates SVG, why would he fix a match for him?

shinnman
    shinnman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

you cant call timeout without the ball, after a basket you an offensive player needs to touch the ball before a timeout can be called

asjulian

Quote Originally Posted by shinnman View Post
    you cant call timeout without the ball, after a basket you an offensive player needs to touch the ball before a timeout can be called

so than why does the clock stop here????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmo4uFggxbE

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

Not true. You can definitely call a timeout when in possession of the ball on the out line, before throwing it in court.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

It takes .8 secs to catch and shoot. That picture shows .5 secs left. Can't win with a lob. Game over.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by 8ArIvd5 View Post
    It takes .8 secs to catch and shoot. That picture shows .5 secs left. Can't win with a lob. Game over.
    is that why derrick fisher hit one of the biggest shots in nba history against the spurs with 0.4 seconds left? After duncan hit the shot in what many thought was the game winner, fisher comes back and sure enough hits a JUMP SHOT with 0.4 seconds left to win the game.

Hazious
    Lake Show Life
    Hazious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    is that why derrick fisher hit one of the biggest shots in nba history against the spurs with 0.4 seconds left? After duncan hit the shot in what many thought was the game winner, fisher comes back and sure enough hits a JUMP SHOT with 0.4 seconds left to win the game.
    lol foreal, how some one could forget that shot makes me wonder. they even did an espn sports science on it.

8ArIvd5

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I still don't think the officials started the clock fast enough, but i'll give that to you.

shinnman

it takes .3 seconds to catch and shoot, under that you got to lab

shinnman

Quote Originally Posted by JBT View Post
    Not true. You can definitely call a timeout when in possession of the ball on the out line, before throwing it in court.
    exactly man, you have to have the ball, you can be out of bounds but you have to have the ball

8ArIvd5

Quote Originally Posted by asjulian View Post
    so than why does the clock stop here????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmo4uFggxbE
    Clock should stop after a made shot with less than a minute left to play in 1st, 2nd, 3rd period. 2 minutes in 4th period or overtime. Don't know why it didn't in the Nugs/Magic game.
    Last edited by 8ArIvd5; 03-19-11 at 09:43 PM.

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

exactly man, you have to have the ball, you can be out of bounds but you have to have the ball
    But you DO "have" the ball when you're out of bounds and it's your turn to inbound it. Your opponent hits the basket, the clock stops (that late in the game), you're on the out line trying to inbound the ball and before you do so you can call a timeout. You don't have to inbound it first in order to call a timeout... Maybe I misunderstood the whole issue here, if so, I apologize.

ETA: I think I know what you're trying to say, but you have to realize that that late in the game the clock should've been stopped after the basket, so the offensive player would have more than enough time to gain possession and call a timeout I also believe that a coach can call a timeout right away after the basket, even before one of his players touches the ball - can't say for sure though. Either way, the clock should've been stopped right after the basket in this case.
    Last edited by JBT; 03-19-11 at 10:00 PM.

8ArIvd5

I think you only have to have the ball in your possession to call a timeout if the ball is in play. If there's a back court violation and the ball is to be taken out at the the midline, you don't have to walk over there and grab the ball to get a timeout. You just call timeout. Correct me if I'm wrong.