lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by bryant81 View Post
    Kobe was actually 8/21 for 24 points against Heat.

my bad, excuse me that is drastically a better nite.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    well 8/24 against the heat, he also had 24 points i think so he still averaged 1 point per shot which is what your looking for. that was more of a defensive battle between him and wade. Also we should remember Bryant is 32 but he is really 36 in NBA years. Also I know Jordan has the great stats but he was ahead of his time as far as athletic abilities. Winning that many MVPs in today's league is near impossible, or even putting up those stats. For example, Bryant putting up 35.5 points about 5 years ago. Who has even come close to that number since? The NBA scoring leader today is around 28-29 a game, so the league has definitely changed a bit since the times Rodman was grabbing every rebound, etc.

when jordan came back after taking time off people seem to forget how much he struggled. He was shooting 6-20 a lot of nights as well.

anyway that is another topic for discussion. its impossible to hate on Jordan in anyway or say he is not the best ever.

as for the Lakers, its tough to see anyone beating them, but they really don't matchup very well with miami. The Lakers are 1 team that Bosh can get his against at anytime. If the Lakers face any other team in the finals (which i don't think will happen) they will beat any team in the east in 6 games or less.

Goat, I don't always agree with you but I do enjoy reading your post. I don't know what you do for a vocation but I would think you would be good at sales after reading that post in regards to why Kobe is as good as Jordan. You kinda of went out of your way to marginalize Michael Jordan. Which is hard to do by any account so... Congrats to you!

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Spurs and Thunder can make things interesting but they ARE NOT beating a healthy Lakers team in a series.
    youre damn straight! lakers are winning this again! no way they were ever going to give up a 3 peat.

TechnicallyFoul
    TechnicallyFoul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

I'm a Laker fan, so for me to admit that they are not the supreme overlords of the Western Conference kind of hurts. Are they the best team in the west? Quit possibly, but not with unquestionable definitiveness. I could mention of few teams that could be arguably better, but I'll leave that out. What I will say is that the west is saturated with talent this year, along with the league in general. With the likes of San Antonio, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Denver, New Orleans, Portland, and Memphis, I would honestly have to say that any of those teams could potentially beat L.A. in a series. Now, normally, I would discredit the belief that there are western conf. teams that could beat them in a series, but this is different. It's gonna be a struggle for the Lakers to get past some of these teams. I was quoted earlier in the year as saying, "I don't think that the C's or the Lakers are going to take the title this year." Will that be the case? For the sake of my Lakers, I hope I was wrong, but only time will tell. The upside is that I quoted that pre All Star break, ever since which the Lakers have been on a tear. I hope they keep it up.

raiders32
    raiders32's Avatar Become A Pro!

I still think San Antonio takes the west.

TechnicallyFoul

If there's any team that can, they are most certainly one!

bryant81
    Update your status
    bryant81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12228

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    my bad, excuse me that is drastically a better nite.
    I was telling Goat, I know that doesn't make it better lol.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

mavs know now they have work to do, they will prepare and try harder next time, they still have a shot to beat the lakers, but you can't deny that they looked shaky tonight.

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

mavs have no chance vs the lakers in a best of 7. The only team that does in the west is san antonio and they wont beat us. When are most going to realise that the lakers are saving themselves for the playoffs and since the allstar break have showed what theyre capable of.

Im going to put 5000 dollars on them to win the lot.

TechnicallyFoul

The Lakers are capable of what all the top 8 teams in the conference are capable of. I'll concede that Bynum/Gasol is a lethal duo that will be hard to contend with, but any of the top 8 teams can hang with the Lakers. San Antonio, Dallas, Oklahoma City, New Orleans....do I need to mention the others? Or do you get the point?

FairPlayBet
    FairPlayBet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I'm sick of the Lakers anymore. When they play some good games and win strong teams, immediately we can hear from its fans: "Yes Lakers can beat any team, but only if they want." I guess when Spurs and Mavs kick out Lakers butts in first meetings, that was the case: Lakers did not want to win then. Also I guess Lakers were not interested in victory recently, when Wade and Lebron gave them free basketball lesson.
    Wanted or not, Lakers will not win championship this season and they wont even play in final of West Conference.

P.S.
    By the way, Clippers, Cavs, Kings... they all can also beat anyone, but of course only if they want. But seems that this season they just were not much interested.

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Yeah i think lakers have a good shot at coming out of the west. The Mavs are not gonna win anything without Caron Butler. Most of their guys are just jump shooters Butler brings a way different toughness and likes getting to the rim and to the line.

Thunder won't do anything in the playoffs. They won't get out of the first round
    Thunder do not play defense...I take that back...Thunder are not capable of playing defense, yes, that's it, Thunder are not capable of playing defense. In other words, no matter which team they face in the first round, they will be shown the door on their short playoff run.

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

"have"

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

I already said a long time that no one can beat the lakers. All this talk about the lakers demise was always drama made up by espn and the lakers with there losses to teams like the bucks/kings at home. The spurs and Mavs have been shown what they "already knew". The lakers also went into Boston and sent the message. As for the Heat it wont matter cause they wont be in the final cause it always works like that. Lakers will 3 peat. I said that two years ago on this site. Phil only does 3-peats.

LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1323

Thunder is the only team that can give the lakers a run for their money come playoff time. spurs no.

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Dallas will NOT win the NBA Championship, they probably won even win the West.

On the flip-side, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls take the East and end up winning the championship.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I already said a long time that no one can beat the lakers. All this talk about the lakers demise was always drama made up by espn and the lakers with there losses to teams like the bucks/kings at home. The spurs and Mavs have been shown what they "already knew". The lakers also went into Boston and sent the message. As for the Heat it wont matter cause they wont be in the final cause it always works like that. Lakers will 3 peat. I said that two years ago on this site. Phil only does 3-peats.
    you said that the Heat would be in the finals earlier. Also you said that Boston will not be in the finals with LA cause that has rarely happened in the last 25 years. No one is coming out of the east except one of those teams. So who is your projection to come out of the east?

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Lakers are clearly the class of the West right now, regardless of records.

First 12