panik
    panik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3139

Make me feel better - wednesday bets

Who else had it worse than me today? I coulda won 1200 dollars out of 30 if Houston had won...

Points Awarded:

vyomguy gave panik 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

asjulian
    asjulian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

i told you the clips were gonna win! u should have hedged! now i guess you know for next time.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

ouch...hurts....gave u 10 points...hope that cheers u up a little.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

ya should have hedged by taking clippers 2nd half....portland were up by 9 at that point.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I know how bad that hurts... but just advice for the future, when you have something like that riding DO NOT post it and show it to people until it is finalized. Guaranteed jinx on yourself if you do that. Even calling a friend and telling them you are 1 leg away from nailing a 1k parlay is a sure fire jinx.

CheeseHead
    CheeseHead's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    ya should have hedged by taking clippers 2nd half....portland were up by 9 at that point.
    ALWAYS hedge and take the gauranteed profit...don't try and get greedy after you were already lucky to hit that many games in the parlay. Now you lose money. Always, always hedge in these cases, don't think twice about it, because then you gaurantee yourself some profit. Just does not ever make sense to me when I see posts on here where people miss a big parlay because the last play of the night lost..

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Meh, you lost $30.00.

So you got your hopes up at the possibility of a big score - we all do sometimes, then you realize that you've only lost a small stake and get on with it.

Vyom: You mean the rockets obviously...

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

If you bet singles, you would be singing a different tune Nice picks though, too bad one didn't pan out. BOL in the future!

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Feel good that you made so many damn good predictions. You shouldn't take a parlay loss that badly though, these kinds of parlays almost always end this close.

dwluv3333
    dwluv3333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

yea bro i can't tell you the number of times I've been one short of hitting a big teamer parlay. i just try to think of it this way... for the one leg that we missed, there could have been 1 or 2 other ones that we got lucky on that coulda gone the other way. i know we all go into these parlays thinking that all our picks are the right ones... the odds on parlays are ridiculously low for a reason it appears

but i must say you made some damn good picks... please... post your parlays up in the future so I can tail them as single bets