Scruff Mcgruff
    Scruff Mcgruff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3825

Nets +2.5

This line keeps rising, Suns on a back to back after a hard-fought victory in overtime last night. All of the public on Suns. Nets are a surprisingly tough team at home and are back after playing three straight road games, I think Deron Williams gives those Nets fans there first victory at home.

Nets +2.5/ML

Going to wait to bet the game though because spread looks like it is going to continue to rise

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

williams cant help these losers

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    williams cant help these losers
    I'd have to agree, and they might as well lose all they can and go for a better draft pick

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

i wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt accept his extension after next year...

Fed_42420

And honestly the last thing New Jersey needs right now is wins. They need losses. They have the 6th worst record in the league, they need to finish with the 3rd or 4th worst to have a chance at a top pick. I see them going for losses for the rest of the season.

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

the nets have actually beat some pretty decent teams at home and the suns arent exactly world beaters..lakers lost to the cavs and at home vs sac town without evans..so it can happen..and most likely will with everyone nut hugging the suns today

Fed_42420

Guys please dont put money on the nets, the Suns are a team fighting for all the wins they can get and the Nets are a team that don't need wins at all. Looking at the Suns remaining schedule this is a game they have to win and they will fight hard to win it, the Nets are better off losing. I'm trying to save you guys some money here.

payforwhatyouget
    payforwhatyouget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

What I've read is a bunch of opinions that all go against common logic... No team should want to play to lose in professional sports, but the NBA actually values losing bc of the lottery system . That being said , this game is tricky . AL1322 I like his theory about the Suns not being that great , but this SUns team tired or not needs W's against poor teams if they wanna pad their record and get in ... Nets are a fickle team. ive won betting against them and lost a few times betting against them notably a month ago or so when the Nets beat CHICAGO at in NJ with the same spread -2 ... I'm staying away from this spread ... I love the UNDER 206 !!! Phx is prob feeling a little exhausted from that game yesterday afternoon. Lets also face it, these guys are old (hill nash carter) lol... The nets like playing slow and if they wanan lose they wont score that much.. Under 206 for me BOL all

panik
    panik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3139

Was 1.5 last night... I was gonna go with Phoenix then but my last bet wasnt finished (that won) So I didnt have any cash.. I Doubt i'll take them at 2.5 now... Suns played b2b + overtime... Hmmm

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

You think guys like Humphries, Outlaw and Vujacic care about whether they get a 1st or 3rd or 5th draft pick next year??? Absolutely not......they need to play hard, perform well, put up numbers and get contract extensions themselves. These type of players don't care about the 3-5 year plan of the New Jersey Nets....dont be so naive guys!

pokerpro44
    Update your status
    pokerpro44's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1026

i played the moneyline.good luck.

AL1322

agree with regul8er above not to mention this is the suns 3rd game in 4 days and being an older team that is relavant. by my calculations they are 3-7 on the 3rd game of 3 games in 4 days but 0-4 on the road..one of those home wins coming against the nets in ot..i dont think the suns will have much gas left here and with this being d-wils night, the pub on them and the nets playing them tough the first time @ phoenix where the nets were actually up by 11 at the end of the 3rd.suns had 42 free throw attempts that game and i dont see that happening again..somehow i see the nets winning this game..now if im wrong ill man up and admit it no prob..but i just have a feeling they are due..so ill be betting the spread and the ml and hope my hunch is right

kaijunn
    kaijunn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1361

last time i bet against the Nets on a Monday night was when the Nuggets (with Melo) played them in NJ and Nets blew them out by like 20+ points i think. wouldn't be surprised if they won tonight.

keenecharger21
    keenecharger21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by payforwhatyouget View Post
    What I've read is a bunch of opinions that all go against common logic... No team should want to play to lose in professional sports, but the NBA actually values losing bc of the lottery system . That being said , this game is tricky . AL1322 I like his theory about the Suns not being that great , but this SUns team tired or not needs W's against poor teams if they wanna pad their record and get in ... Nets are a fickle team. ive won betting against them and lost a few times betting against them notably a month ago or so when the Nets beat CHICAGO at in NJ with the same spread -2 ... I'm staying away from this spread ... I love the UNDER 206 !!! Phx is prob feeling a little exhausted from that game yesterday afternoon. Lets also face it, these guys are old (hill nash carter) lol... The nets like playing slow and if they wanan lose they wont score that much.. Under 206 for me BOL all

yea i got the suns winning this game and then i saw over/under and i went with the under on this one good luck breh

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Suns off OT win, playing B2B, and have Boston on deck.

Nets or no play.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by Fed_42420 View Post
    I'd have to agree, and they might as well lose all they can and go for a better draft pick
    They did that last year, and wasted it on Derrick Favors. Subsequently trading him to the Jazz.

blinky88
    blinky88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like the play

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by payforwhatyouget View Post
    What I've read is a bunch of opinions that all go against common logic... No team should want to play to lose in professional sports, but the NBA actually values losing bc of the lottery system .
    This is pretty backwards. The NBA lottery system actually DOES NOT reward losing what so ever. Look at how many teams with the worst record actually got the 1st pick, not many. Even the Nets who finish with one of the worst records in years still ended up with the 3rd pick. Tanking is not reward in the NBA.

Players dont play to lose anyway, this is just a stupid concept some fans came up with, there is no such thing as tanking on purpose, especially not 50 games into the season.

The lottery system is actually broken as the worst teams in the league should have a better chance at landing the top pick then 25% or whatever it is. Dont feel like looking it up, but statistically iirc the worst team actually has a better chance at landing the 4th pick then the 1st pick, noone tanks for the 4th pick.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    This is pretty backwards. The NBA lottery system actually DOES NOT reward losing what so ever. Look at how many teams with the worst record actually got the 1st pick, not many. Even the Nets who finish with one of the worst records in years still ended up with the 3rd pick. Tanking is not reward in the NBA.

Players dont play to lose anyway, this is just a stupid concept some fans came up with, there is no such thing as tanking on purpose, especially not 50 games into the season.

The lottery system is actually broken as the worst teams in the league should have a better chance at landing the top pick then 25% or whatever it is. Dont feel like looking it up, but statistically iirc the worst team actually has a better chance at landing the 4th pick then the 1st pick, noone tanks for the 4th pick.
    Actually agree with demons here...

NO chance you overtly tank games on a shitty team... Because the worse YOU look on that shitty team, the more likely you WON'T actually be there next season... Or more importantly, the more likely you won't be ANYWHERE next season...

Look GOOD on a bad team, and that's when contracts get renegotiated... Sponsorship's are increased etc... and as mentioned.. Being LAST doesn't mean much... Getting top 5 is key...

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    Actually agree with demons here...

NO chance you overtly tank games on a shitty team... Because the worse YOU look on that shitty team, the more likely you WON'T actually be there next season... Or more importantly, the more likely you won't be ANYWHERE next season...

Look GOOD on a bad team, and that's when contracts get renegotiated... Sponsorship's are increased etc... and as mentioned.. Being LAST doesn't mean much... Getting top 5 is key...

Case in point, Nets have TWO players from last years roster. Out of the 17 they had.

2/17 still on the team
    6/17 OUT OF THE NBA
    5/17 Scrubs on other teams playing 15 min or less with a bunch of DNP-CDs
    3/17 Rotation bench guys for other teams (2 of those only because of injureis)
    1/17 Starter on another team.

Few of the 6 guys out of the league are actually decent players, but with the stigma of last season noone wants to touch them. By next year i would not be surprised if 13/17 guys from that roster will be out of the league completely or playing 14th/15th guy off the bench role for some team.

Perg
    Perg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    You think guys like Humphries, Outlaw and Vujacic care about whether they get a 1st or 3rd or 5th draft pick next year??? Absolutely not......they need to play hard, perform well, put up numbers and get contract extensions themselves. These type of players don't care about the 3-5 year plan of the New Jersey Nets....dont be so naive guys!

, executives look for lottery, and players play

payforwhatyouget
    payforwhatyouget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Case in point, Nets have TWO players from last years roster. Out of the 17 they had.

2/17 still on the team
    6/17 OUT OF THE NBA
    5/17 Scrubs on other teams playing 15 min or less with a bunch of DNP-CDs
    3/17 Rotation bench guys for other teams (2 of those only because of injureis)
    1/17 Starter on another team.

Few of the 6 guys out of the league are actually decent players, but with the stigma of last season noone wants to touch them. By next year i would not be surprised if 13/17 guys from that roster will be out of the league completely or playing 14th/15th guy off the bench role for some team.

Good info guys ... I was arguing on behalf of the nets possibly winning and the Under . However, I had my facts somewhat flawed. Thanks for looking out .

AL1322

hell ya nets...i knew they would cover congrats to most of us who took them

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Nets!

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

I think New Jersey Nets fans are happy even if there team covers. There used to be losers.

demens
    Square -910

Not happy at all, a ******* fraction of a second late, but it should have not gotten there, terrible defense letting Frye shoot a wide open 3 off a simple ass screen. Brook Lopez just standing there guarding nothing, ******* idiot. I knew Suns were going for 3, no way they would try to force 2OT with Nash looking like he was about to pass out.

Of course i dont think it should have gone to OT, i think Nash fouled Morrow before the 3 and then fouled again.