Sfritts8
    Sfritts8's Avatar Become A Pro!

Danny Ainge is a very good talent evaluator. He drafted Al Jefferson mid/late first round, he got Rondo in a trade after the Suns drafted him 21st, he got Big Baby in the second round, he got Leon Powe, who was very solid until he hurt his knee in the second, he ripped off the T-Wolves for KG, he knows what he is doing.

As for some of the misinformation on this thread, Perkins current knee injury is not to the knee he injured last year, it is the other knee, Ainge likes Perkins and knows his value, he wasnt going to be able to pay him and they are basically holding Shaq out for the playoffs, he could play now if he was needed to, he might play a little bit the rest of the regular season but they want to pace themselves and Green allows Ray and Paul to play less minutes the rest of the reg.season.

The one person who will really hate this trade and it might effect him quite negatively is Rondo because Perk is his best friend, they are very close and Rondo is very emotional.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grits n' Gravy, and paciophobia

raiders32
    raiders32's Avatar Become A Pro!

I believe its a bad trade for Boston.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Sfritts8 View Post
    Danny Ainge is a very good talent evaluator. He drafted Al Jefferson mid/late first round, he got Rondo in a trade after the Suns drafted him 21st, he got Big Baby in the second round, he got Leon Powe, who was very solid until he hurt his knee in the second, he ripped off the T-Wolves for KG, he knows what he is doing.

As for some of the misinformation on this thread, Perkins current knee injury is not to the knee he injured last year, it is the other knee, Ainge likes Perkins and knows his value, he wasnt going to be able to pay him and they are basically holding Shaq out for the playoffs, he could play now if he was needed to, he might play a little bit the rest of the regular season but they want to pace themselves and Green allows Ray and Paul to play less minutes the rest of the reg.season.

The one person who will really hate this trade and it might effect him quite negatively is Rondo because Perk is his best friend, they are very close and Rondo is very emotional.

sharpest post in the thread.

perk was my favorite celtic. the kid busted his ass and is the only center in the league who can give dwight howard trouble. thunder just put themselves into the the thick of the west with a beast of a defensive force in the paint. i'll miss seeing him in the green and white. rondo is definitely going to be unhappy with ainge dealing his best friend. the guy was perk's best man at wedding. wouldn't shock me to see rasheed pop up soon for the playoffs as another big.

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Louisvillekid1, there's an edit option on your posts, FYI.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

This smells to me like the Celts are wholly convinced Perkins knees will hold up. And the that the C's are Confident that West is healthy making Robinson expendable.

As for how exactly Green fits in, I think it will lead to some time where Garnett is the defacto center and with Pierce/Garnett/Green/Davis it will look more like the Celts are running a 2guard 3 foward lineup alot.

Im not sure I totally get the trading of Erden/Harangoudy for the cavs 2nd rounder; but I guess With Kristic getting time, taking a chance at finding a useful player with the 1st pick in the 2nd round is worth it.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

They'll get Murphy for what that's worth. Maybe some buyouts?
    Need a wing guy that can defend and hit a couple shots? We'll see what the Pistons do with Tayshaun Prince and Richard Hamilton.
    Anthony Parker, James Posey and Jason Kapono are all lingering out there as wild cards in this melee. It's hard to predict what the future will bring.
    When the sun rose Thursday morning, all of above veteran players were out there, but none could come to Boston -- the Celtics didn't have the roster space. Now they have the space free, and the possibilities are endless.
    - Nesn.com

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

celtics done. guess its heat or bulls

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Haha thanks Boston. heat Waveeeeeeeee!

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    celtics done. guess its heat or bulls

wouldn't be so sure of that. miami is still soft and bulls are still developing.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Miami soft? Alright I love to hear that

AZNDL
    AZNDL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

its an interesting trade for sure, but green would of cost too much money to keep next year so dumping him now for perkings was the right thing to do.. and they get a proven center that can keep up with gasol or duncan....he aint as good i said keep up..

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Miami soft? Alright I love to hear that
    they are. it's not really even debatable. doesn't mean they aren't good, but boston flat out punks them.

looking at all the celtic moves today it appears ainge plans on signing a couple of guys who will be waived or bought out and want a chance to go for a ring. don't like losing perk, but it's a business decision.

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20517

Yeah, doesn't make sense to me. Perkins was their best big man.

It means they have to rely on Shaq, Jermaine O'Neal, and Krstic. They got weaker IMO.

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by spurginobili View Post
    Yeah, doesn't make sense to me. Perkins was their best big man.

It means they have to rely on Shaq, Jermaine O'Neal, and Krstic. They got weaker IMO.
    KG is the best big man, and yes KG is a big man..

First 12