frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Early prediction Celtics will cover against Nuggets

Game is on Thursdy TNT. The Nuggets did great today at home with George Karl going back to the run and gun offense. It will probably only work against the teams that are not that great defensively, them borderline .500 teams.

The mistake Memphis tried to do today was play the run and gun with the Nuggets. Once the Grizz zoned up, the absent of Melo was pretty evident because the Nuggets one that could really post up except Nene. That allowed the Grizz to almost bringing a 27 point deficit down to 10 midway in the 4th quarter.

The Celtics will zone up on the Nuggets, and they will struggle with KG or Perkins defending their only post player Nene. JR Smith was greatly responsible for the Nugget huge win by making 6 three pointers early and finishing with 26 points. I have not seen many game where JR has play good back to back. Without his point contribution, no way they can hang with the Celtics. The Nuggets just don't have enough consistent perimeter shooters to score, which Boston will force you to do. The Nuggets is not the Warriors, who will eat you alive if you decide to zone up.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Game is on Thursdy TNT. The Nuggets did great today at home with George Karl going back to the run and gun offense. It will probably only work against the teams that are not that great defensively, them borderline .500 teams.

The mistake Memphis tried to do today was play the run and gun with the Nuggets. Once the Grizz zoned up, the absent of Melo was pretty evident because the Nuggets one that could really post up except Nene. That allowed the Grizz to almost bringing a 27 point deficit down to 10 midway in the 4th quarter.

The Celtics will zone up on the Nuggets
    , and they will struggle with KG or Perkins defending their only post player Nene. JR Smith was greatly responsible for the Nugget huge win by making 6 three pointers early and finishing with 26 points. I have not seen many game where JR has play good back to back. Without his point contribution, no way they can hang with the Celtics. The Nuggets just don't have enough consistent perimeter shooters to score, which Boston will force you to do. The Nuggets is not the Warriors, who will eat you alive if you decide to zone up.

That makes no sense. You dont beat the zone by posting up. In fact one of the ideas behind playing zone is to stop people from posting up, or stop a particular player that has been killing you 1on1. It helps you crowd the paint and makes it easier to double.

The way you beat the zone is by either knocking down the many long range open jumpers it leaves you (which Denver is more then capable of doing), or drive inside, which guys like Lawson, JR can also do as can the new additions like Chandler,Felton and Gallo.

Iirc Boston rarely (never?) plays zone anyway.

There is a pretty good reason to fade the Nuggets. Considering they will be introducing 3 new players into the line-up against one of the leagues best defensive teams. Might not be the best game for the new guys to star learning the new sets. George Karl can always limit their minutes thou and stick with the 9 guys that played today, might come as a shocker to some people but they have plenty of talent. Have not given this game too much thought, just wanted to point out that your views on the zone weren't 100% accurate.

forzuto13
    forzuto13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I'm with you on this all the way. I'd say Boston will be a 3 pt favorite and I will pound it if that's the case. Other big game is the early one. I gotta roll with Chicago. Hoping they won't be favored by more than 2 pts. Celtics it is though...

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Galinarie will go to work and Nuggets win outright.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    That makes no sense. You dont beat the zone by posting up. In fact one of the ideas behind playing zone is to stop people from posting up, or stop a particular player that has been killing you 1on1. It helps you crowd the paint and makes it easier to double.
    That's you interpretation of the the zone. Since I was watching this game entirely, the Nuggets commentator were saying the Nuggets struggling with their outside because of the zone. They needed to the get the paint in the paint and have Nene post up, to make them pay by playing soft in the middle instead of the outside.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Thanks for telling us the favorite will win/cover the game.