lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Kobe Bryant LMAO!

37 pts and 14 rebounds in 29 minutes. I don't know if the Lakers should be pleased or dissapointed. The 37 pts is obviously good but most surprising is the effort and intensity that went into the 14 rebounds and 3 steals. I mean this guy don't go after rebounds and loose balls the way he did tonite during the regular season. If I was the owner,coach, or one of his teammates I would ask if he could do some of that in the regular season.

GmCrazy
    GmCrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!

not taking anything away from him but less defense is played in these As games

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Kind of effort we should expect from him in the playoffs.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

He definitely played with more intensity tonight than he has played lately in his Lakers uniform. It's funny how awful he played when they lost to the Cavaliers and tonight the guy played with 100% heart, motivation and the wan't to show his personal talent. As a Lakers fan I don't know whether to be impressed by his play in tonight's All star game or skeptical of his motivation to win games during this regular season.

whadeeb
    whadeeb's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is just showing everyone what is to come

JAFO
    JAFO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1683

The Lakers are playing at about 80% effort right now IMO.

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by GmCrazy View Post
    not taking anything away from him but less defense is played in these As games

yes, i understand this was an exibition of basketball and not a real game therefore defense is a novelty... I was speaking of EFFORT! Did you not see him mix it up after some loose balls and get some tough rebounds? I expect Kobe to score, we all know he can do that. The hustle and effort he gave tonite was something more than he plays with on most nites.

KJ90
    KJ90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

He just wanted to win mvp

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Quote Originally Posted by KJ90 View Post
    He just wanted to win mvp
    this again lol. Lakers are on a 3 game losing streak coming into All Star Weekend and I believe that is their second or third 3-game losing streak too. There is no better way to end the week with an MVP win in your own court. Better believe the Lakers will have their shit together come next week and I am no Laker fan!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

3 assist and 26 shots. He tried for MVP at his house.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Lakers don't care about the reg season. They still have the best team when healthy and EVERYONE knows that. All the other players knew it was kobes game.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lakers don't care about the reg season. They still have the best team when healthy and EVERYONE knows that. All the other players knew it was kobes game.
    I hate this excuse because you could say that for about 8 teams. Lakers do not even have home court (atm) and probably won't be able to catch up, they are going to have to settle for 2nd or 3rd (currently 3rd).

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

They gonna surprise alot of people in the 2nd half of the season. I would fade the SPURS from here on out.

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

LB does have a point tho. Can't write off the Lakers dynasty just yet when they do tend to play about 10x harder in the post-season. Doesn't matter how garbage they get in the regular season.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

What matters is endorsement = money

You can't seriously get endorsement when your team loses to the last place team that is still fresh in our minds.

TGHMak
    Update your status
    TGHMak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

He definitely put more effort tonight than the Cavs game, but the Lakers have bigger issues than Bryant. Bynum was only 2/12 and Artest probably should not have not played at all. Thier point guards also got throttled by Sessions since neither could keep up and there was almost no help defense.

TeamTT
    TeamTT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

He ll step it up come play offs

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GmCrazy View Post
    less defense is played in these As games

that's right until Rivers inserted his Boston Monkeys a few minutes into the game

especially Garnett & Rondo, they thought it was a grind it out playoff game

I'm embarassed for them, I really am....they only know one style of play & nobody on that team outside Rondo is athletic enough to speed things up

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

could not agree more.Kobe was a huge show off tonight

Raider3
    Raider3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

KOBE !!!

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

That sob was playing like it was the finals out there while everyone was chill. Lebron saw this and put up a triple double. Only the second player to do it in Allstar-Game history. The other guy? Michael Jordan

wikkidinsane

Instead of Wade getting hurt Kobe deserved to get hurt with his give-it-my-all-because-i-wont-win-leaguemvp-or-finalsmvp-or-come-close-to-winning-mvp-in-the-finals-again looking ass

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
    The Lakers are playing at about 80% effort right now IMO.
    more like 60.

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Instead of Wade getting hurt Kobe deserved to get hurt with his give-it-my-all-because-i-wont-win-leaguemvp-or-finalsmvp-or-come-close-to-winning-mvp-in-the-finals-again looking ass
    There's a good chance they will be in the finals and the Lakers will most likely win. I don't think there going to give the MVP to Gasol or Odom. Please don't count on your Heat beating the Celtics in a 7 game series. I would like to see a Laker/Heat finals though.

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

he will do anything for his record.. now for the ring record and david stern on his side for tripeat story, i dont see where this goes wrong

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

fukin hollywood, thats all the Lakers are, Just one great big rollercoaster ride, ultimate highs and desperate lows.

nah0228
    nah0228's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

he was playing at home and wanted to send a message. props to him.

docvinny
    docvinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

home court he put on a show, nothing wrong with that

docvinny
    docvinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

did anyone here that interview of kobe where he said lebron would've swatted him with his armpit, funny stuff

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

No biggie.

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayJunkie View Post
    There's a good chance they will be in the finals and the Lakers will most likely win. I don't think there going to give the MVP to Gasol or Odom. Please don't count on your Heat beating the Celtics in a 7 game series. I would like to see a Laker/Heat finals though.

I am counting on them to beat Boston, I believe they have the team to do it. It will be an incredible challenge but by no means insurmountable. As far as the Lakers reaching the Finals this year, that's something no one in their right mind should even think about -- Dallas and San Antonio will make sure of that. The only team standing between the Miami Heat getting its hands on that Larry O Brien Trophy is the Boston Celtics.

lyon804

Reading comprehension is not a strong suit of some in this thread. I was moreless saying Kobe Bryant played the game with the intensity of an NBA playoff game not an All-Star game. If any of you really watched the game other than to see whoever shot the ball went into the goal you would have seen the hustle and the intensity Kobe had going for loose balls and rebounds like it meant something more than a regular season game against the Spurs/Heat/Celtics/ Bottomline, it was evident that Kobe took that game more seriously than anybody else on the court.

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Reading comprehension is not a strong suit of some in this thread. I was moreless saying Kobe Bryant played the game with the intensity of an NBA playoff game not an All-Star game. If any of you really watched the game other than to see whoever shot the ball went into the goal you would have seen the hustle and the intensity Kobe had going for loose balls and rebounds like it meant something more than a regular season game against the Spurs/Heat/Celtics/ Bottomline, it was evident that Kobe took that game more seriously than anybody else on the court.

Exactly

raiders32
    raiders32's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stats in an all star game are meaningless.

Cranium
    Cranium's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1439

His effort last night indicated to me it's all about Kobe. He played harder last night than he did the last road trip.

12 Last