SharkMerc
    SharkMerc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Hey professional poker player wants to make side money sportsbetting

Hey whats up I'm a Professional Poker player and I would love to start making some money on the side by sports betting. It seems really hard to find a winning system how ever, any of you veterans have advice for me? It would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Listen to Phil Ivey...he will give you great advice on picks.

SharkMerc

I would if i could that man is a beast when it comes to making money lol

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by SharkMerc View Post
    I would if i could that man is a beast when it comes to making money lol
    I was being sarcastic...phil ivey sucks in making sports picks.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Stick with Poker.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bic

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Fading the 90% of people who lose money betting on sports is an often overlooked strategy.

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Im looking for a investor/backer for my basketball and baseball models that squeak out a very nice % of profit over the course of the seasons.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take your would be betting $$ and invest it in HNHI.pk stock . If you would have put in 10k in january you would have turned it into 127k today in only 2 months time..

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

wrong thread.
    Last edited by sweetjones55; 02-17-11 at 09:42 AM.

twelvejewelz

Hey Sj, if you would have listened to me you would have made 20% of your money alone in 1 day my friend. This stock was 10 cents 2 months ago now its up to 1.60. I put 10k into it ...

leafsfan19
    leafsfan19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 599

sweet. lets get some more stock tips goin in the threads

MrShrink
    MrShrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not a vet at capping (lifelong sports fan), but i've played tons of poker. Not a pro, by any means, but probably more of an "expert" in that field. Came in second in a 2,000+ person HORSE freeroll yesterday (woohoo!). I got into capping in a similar way after satelliteing into a big tourney on intertops and cashing $320 last year.

Anyways, SOOOOOOO many similarities between capping and poker, as you're probably already aware (bankroll mgmt, "tilting", "chasing", etc...). Great idea to look for a "system" of play to adhere to, but you've gotta be flexible and confident enough to jettison that at the right moments and just follow your guts, within reason, or you'll never beat the field.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, think of when you first started playing poker... Did you learn more/do better at the tables whilst trying to implement a "system"? Or did you find your time spent at the tables more beneficial in the long run (whether that particular session was profitable or not) when you just played, watched and absorbed the whole experience while staying AWARE of certain systemic principles?

If you're a poker pro, you make your living off of fools that depend on systems. That practice allows you to have the upper hand. Try to do the same thing here and you'll be golden! I know this isn't the system you're looking for but i hope it helps. GL (but you know that's for chumps anyways!)

MrShrink
    MrShrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

And if anyone out there didn't already envy Phil for his poker play/success, this video is guaranteed to do it... Gotta admit it brings a hater's tear to my eye...

4 days in the life of Phil Ivey...
    http://www.rakeback.com/news/2010/3/...-espn-e60-510/

SharkMerc

Thanks for the advice man, yea im slowly learning the similarities between poker and capping.. I used to sportsbet for fun but im trying to be more serious about it now, some great threats in this forum that are helping out big time

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

Quote Originally Posted by twelvejewelz View Post
    Hey Sj, if you would have listened to me you would have made 20% of your money alone in 1 day my friend. This stock was 10 cents 2 months ago now its up to 1.60. I put 10k into it ...
    Isn't that by 50 Cent inflated stock?

twelvejewelz

yes sir already made me over 100k. Sold at 1.68 today. Just after i sold it went back down perfect timing. Its going to go down now and level out and i will buy again. Then right before the headphones are released in april put all my money back in and hope to make a million dollars literally. 50cent already made around 50 million dollars off of it in 2 months time. Its the company that is releasing the headphones that will complete with dre's headphone high end headphones. Only 50s are wireless! It will go drastially down again so do not buy yet.

jas19illini
    jas19illini's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 715

SHARK, follow the John Morrison NBA thread. About 5-6 different systems going on in that thread currently. Many are very profitable.

hotshotz3
    Update your status
    hotshotz3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15817

yes sir already made me over 100k. Sold at 1.68 today. Just after i sold it went back down perfect timing. Its going to go down now and level out and i will buy again. Then right before the headphones are released in april put all my money back in and hope to make a million dollars literally. 50cent already made around 50 million dollars off of it in 2 months time. Its the company that is releasing the headphones that will complete with dre's headphone high end headphones. Only 50s are wireless! It will go drastially down again so do not buy yet.

prob threw money in cuz 50 said it...show a screen, highly doubt you sold at the high of the year to the exact penny

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Here's what I found from their most recent 10-Q quarterly report filed with the SEC. From what I can tell, they are just starting out. Their assets sure are weak at this point. $1 mil in assets and losses of $4.5 mil? That's not good. However, if what you said about their headphone product is true, that would be interesting and something worth following. There was nothing about that product in the report, but thanks for the tip.

"As of December 31, 2010, we had total assets of $1,200,267. From our inception on October 16, 2009, we have had revenues of $1,212,430 and losses from operations totaling $4,516,700. At December 31, 2010, we had a cash balance of $138,527, a working capital deficit of $75,705 and a deficit accumulated during development stage of $4,516,700." http://biz.yahoo.com/e/110214/hnhi.pk10-q.html

leafsfan19
    leafsfan19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 599

that sounds pretty cool about the headphones. when is there expected release date? a month yet?

twelvejewelz

Quote Originally Posted by hotshotz3 View Post
    prob threw money in cuz 50 said it...show a screen, highly doubt you sold at the high of the year to the exact penny
    I meant to write 1.67 and hit the 8 by accident sorry, Ive been day trading for a very long time and i have nothing to prove to anyone. Believe it or not i dont care. And yes i did buy it because 50 said to. Hes a very smart business man and made 500million dollars on the vitamin water deal, i wasnt stupid enough to ignore his advice. i put 10k into it and bought it for .13 cents a share at 76,923 shares . you do the math.. Now i will wait until it hits bottom again and use ALL of my 6 figure profit to buy again and when it spikes up again should go up to around 2-3 dollars this time i will be a multimillionaire.

twelvejewelz

Quote Originally Posted by leafsfan19 View Post
    that sounds pretty cool about the headphones. when is there expected release date? a month yet?
    headphones will be released in april, they are wireless and are said to rival Dr dre's headphones only better. There wireless and they will sell for around 200$ a pair. There gimmik is why pay all this money for an ipod or music player only to use crappy 1$ headphones. With 50 backing it and endorsing it and invested in it its bound to be a big seller hes no dummy. Like i said look how he made 500million off the vitamin water deal. Also this company just signed a deal with Target and hulk hogan to carry a cleaning product that hulk hogan will promote and endorse and all the the targets will carry. Im making moves you all should to. Im a gambler and thats why i love the stock market it has made me alot of money sports betting is my hobby.

twelvejewelz

sorry to steal your thread shark i was trying to give you a tip. this will be the last post i make in the thread if someone wants to know more pm me. Love The Action Pm me and we can talk.