JamalCrawford
    JamalCrawford's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Are we better off betting Halves?

Todays Celtics game really got me thinking, because I feel like there are so many games where one team dominates one half and completely fall apart the next... they're almost like 2 different games! I bet 2nd halves sometimes when good teams are down and i think they'll storm back in the 2H. I think I might consider just betting 1H lines instead of full games... is this is good idea?

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont think so jamal. Like the guy who bakced knicks last night first half and again 2nd qtr and lost. And knicks should have did it too but teams also start slow. I reckon betting live in play is the way to go even at shorter odds. I made a killing backing games live in play with good leads even at 1.20. Lakers vs spurs last season when i thought they were going to win got them at 1.55, vs the suns at 1.20 etc. Celtics were 1.60 with a 12 pt lead in the 3rd qrter vs the cavs game 5 in the semi's and looked awesome too. Then again you could have backed the c's tonight witha good lead short odds and got smashed. You can get chopped up at any time any bet really. But first half lines no I do not like it.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

tonight, when den played dal, the score was 58 to 59 at half, and the second half total was 103.5. so hammering the OVER looked like a reasonable thing to do, and it worked out.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Unless you are CAPPING halves, no.