million2one
    million2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 404

How Does Sloan Stepping Down Affect the Jazz tonight?

I have noticed in the past that when a coach is fired, the team tends to play well in their next game for whatever reason. Do you think this will be the case tonight?
    Did the books adjust the line for this reason, because I feel Utah -6.5 is to high of a spread for them?

Anyone have any data to back this up or have been following this as a trend?

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

In other cases, the coaches were fired coz team was playing bad...in sloan's case he resigned and meant a lot to jazz team and community.

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

im on Phoenix, BOL.

million2one
    million2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 404

So maybe this would be more depressing for the Jazz and they don't have the energy to get up for this game??
    I like Phx (+6.5) as my best play so far, is the only reason I ask.

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

go with your gut feeling, that is all I have to say about this one. Dont look into it too much, Phoenix is the better team at this point in the season and they are ready to take it to Utah. They want a winning record before the all star weekend BAD and they are playing like it.

willis815
    willis815's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1132

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    In other cases, the coaches were fired coz team was playing bad...in sloan's case he resigned and meant a lot to jazz team and community.
    I have to agree here. Usually a new coach is a burst of energy for a down and out team. This is more of a let down with their leader leaving mid-season.

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

? I think everyone's forgetting something here. Suns are playing b2b going to high altitude while Utah is well rested going into this game and not to mention this will be played in Energy Solutions. Forget about the Sloan resignation crap, its already been done with. Jazz or no play. Might also take the ML for some insurance.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

suns.. go suns.. jazz is good but sun might pull this one out

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

In Utah against a mediocre Suns team on a back to back. If the line stays at -6 i really like the Jazz.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Always back a team after coach gets canned. No matter how long he was on the team.
    he wasnt fired...

nah0228
    nah0228's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

I like the jazz in this one

LiarGame
    LiarGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4153

Have to go with the Suns. I don't think the Jazz will be up for it tonight with Sloan gone.

monkeyking
    monkeyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

If the jazz don't win this game, they're gonna be hearing about it for the next 4 days. Maybe long-term they did quit but short term they'll be up for this game.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

-6.5 is such a joke. Suns are in good form and should make this a tight game all the way to the end.

Why do people think losing the coach will make them "pumped"? They lost the man they've been listening to for years, if they get in a tight spot in this game they don't have an experienced coach that they can trust on do they?

Losing this won't be that big of a deal anyways, they are in a transition phase and the fans will forgive them. The only people upset might be those who took this huge spread.

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Why do people think losing the coach will make them "pumped"? They lost the man they've been listening to for years, if they get in a tight spot in this game they don't have an experienced coach that they can trust on do they?
    One of the best angles in sports betting for me to take a team after they lose a coach.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post
    I will be on the Suns huge...he was with them for 24 years and he DIDN'T get fired, he resigned. Completely different situation and the Jazz will be lost without him.

MEATHEAD
    MEATHEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

C note on the Suns for me.

sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

Crazy game never thought that the Jazz would only score 27 in the second half after the way the played the first half.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

I've heard of the angle of betting on a team after an unpopular coach is fired, but even assuming the angle is +EV, was Sloan really unpopular? I know he had problems with Williams, but I have a hard time buying that a guy whose been coaching the same team since the '80s has an attitude problem.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    -6.5 is such a joke. Suns are in good form and should make this a tight game all the way to the end.

Losing this won't be that big of a deal anyways, they are in a transition phase and the fans will forgive them. The only people upset might be those who took this huge spread.
    Suns should have been -6.5, I'd like to say the books tricked people but more than %70 of the public was on +6.5 including me, I'm surprised people stuck with a blind mentality that a coach leaving will make a team better. Sure it's true for some teams/sports, but this kind of thinking gets you nowhere unless you look at each game separately.

First 12