t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Magic @ 76ers... What's the Play???

76ers have done a 180 from where they were at the start of the season. Looks as if the books have finally adjusted to their strong play with Orlando being a mere 1 point fave here. Then again, the Magic simply are not the same team as the past couple seasons. The Sixers always give Orlando a tough game but usually come up short... This time, I think they come up with the plays when they need them. They're a much more confident bunch and a win against the Magic would be huge.

What does everyone think?

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

I think it's a no bet. That Atlanta game makes it look good, the last 10 games do, too...especially with the track record against the Magic, but I just got killed by a note claiming Horford WOULD start and watched my bet (Atl -3) get romped by 30+. Horford never saw the floor and I wont get that coin back. Im a little bitter.
    Sixers have looked great lately, but I dont think they shoot like they did tonight. This could go either way.
    Go Sixers, but I cant play this. Maybe a little teaser to +6 or 7.

t-wizzle

One thing i think is important to note is that both teams are on back-to-backs so no real edge there unless you consider that the sixers didn't have to play hard after the first half and orlando's game came down to the stretch.

apomixis
    apomixis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 631

Yeah, even the post on rotoworld called that "weird"...there was a note around noon that Horford was going to be playing, and then he was posted as a scratch at 5:52 EST.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Horford playing would not have been the difference in this one. Atl was simply a no show, it happens.

Sixers look like a good play for sure, but Orlando is a quality team, gotta have some balls to bet against them playing an under 500 team. No balls = No play.

EDIT:

Sixers also beat them once already AND lost a very close game in OT. So they seem to matchup pretty good with Orl.
    Last edited by demens; 02-08-11 at 10:43 PM.

dannyt76
    dannyt76's Avatar Become A Pro!

Initially I thought Magic was the play, but they haven't played well on the road against decent teams. Think I'll stay away from this game.

callmeboondox404
    callmeboondox404's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

a big revenge game for the magic. they looked good in the 2nd half. the magic is gonna be my biggest bet tomorrow. they win easy .

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by callmeboondox404 View Post
    a big revenge game for the magic. they looked good in the 2nd half. the magic is gonna be my biggest bet tomorrow. they win easy .
    Revenge?

callmeboondox404

76ers beat magic 2 times already this year .

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Boy,the 6ers sure did shoot the hell out the ball today.

callmeboondox404

plus tomorrow is jameer nelson b day and his return to philly. and after the game tonight. dwight pretty much said in his own words they wont lose or go to overtimes . i love the magic tomorrow and the bulls .

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

76ers to cover the spread for now but i would do some more research before locking it in.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by callmeboondox404 View Post
    76ers beat magic 2 times already this year .

Everyone on the forums is so well informed.

t-wizzle

So far you've told us that the sixers beat the magic twice this year (false) and that since it's jameer nelson's birthday, the magic won't lose. This is the kind of insight i was looking for when i made this thread.

callmeboondox404

pick the 76ers then and lose i dont care. ill be on the better team and the winning side.

ferndog
    ferndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1731

Revenge is important but if the public is all over the Magic i will go Sixers....Magic not good on road & Sixers have been $ at home.

rapidfire5
    Update Status
    rapidfire5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sixers are 32-18-1 ATS

Take it for what its worth

thunderingherd23
    thunderingherd23's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't believe Philly beat Atlanta by over 30....wow

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

i reckon sixers will win but its a hard one to bet. They beat magic in orlando but that was the same day they traded all their stars and had only 8 men. Sixers have been good.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Boy,the 6ers sure did shoot the hell out the ball today.
    Who you like pac?

KspecialD
    KspecialD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1062

Live in Orlando, and have season tickets to Magic games... was on the -9 1/2 today and good thing the 3's came out in the 4th Q! Plain and simple Orlando wins this game tomorrow IF.... D Howard makes his FREE throws! He knows these games are big before the All Star Break and I feel he dominates tomorrow night... Look for him to set the tone like he did in the 1st Q against Boston... It then just falls on the shoulders of the perimeter players to knock the shots down... I look for Orlando to use the big 4th Q as momentum tomorrow night. Both teams coming of a B-2-B look for Jameer/JJ/Anderson to step it up from behind the line and Hedo to focus on distributing the ball while looking for mis-matches on the blocks... Last game in Orlando, I give the 76ers credit they should of won that game however Andre I. couldn't miss. For me, I'm looking for this game to spring board the Magic into a winning streak this next week and a half before the All Star Break.

Definitely leaning on the Magic -1 1/2

forzuto13
    forzuto13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd23 View Post
    I can't believe Philly beat Atlanta by over 30....wow
    Only game I had the balls to take the ML dogs on (besides Indy too - and that shit looked solid for about 45 mins of game!). Philly was the play from the beginning. I see them beating Magic this game too. Just a hunch. They recently beat Denver and NY at home and are shooting for a .500 record finally.

ZZPop
    ZZPop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Philadelphia is money at home, I dont trust Orlando on the road at all.

caliswagg11
    caliswagg11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im really confused on this one. Scrapping phillys game today because basically, its not that philly played great. its that atlanta SUCKED earlier. Anyway philly took down the magic twice. but that was the case last last night when lakers killed the grizzlies. bottomline is. Magic is good, philly has been playing good. and -1.5 isnt so hard to cover for potential conference champ contenders. id say magic on this one but im barely confident

ohnevah
    It's the take over!!!
    ohnevah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

yeah...tempting for the magics...I say philly, they are really on fire the past few games...

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by caliswagg11 View Post
    Im really confused on this one. Scrapping phillys game today because basically, its not that philly played great. its that atlanta SUCKED earlier. Anyway philly took down the magic twice. but that was the case last last night when lakers killed the grizzlies. bottomline is. Magic is good, philly has been playing good. and -1.5 isnt so hard to cover for potential conference champ contenders. id say magic on this one but im barely confident
    Is everyone simply oblivious to actual facts around here or what?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Who you like pac?
    I really don't know t. Elton has been playing really well. Philly as a team has Been playin well, but who will really stop Howard inside?

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

[quote=t-wizzle;8737603]So far you've told us that the sixers beat the magic twice this year (false) and that since it's jameer nelson's birthday, the magic won't lose. This is the kind of insight i was looking for when i made this thread.[/tquote]

i actually laughed when i read this... ,usually teams that kick ass like philly did today dont come out half as strong the next day.. im leaning magic. just not pulling the trigger yet

whadeeb
    whadeeb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im taking the Magic, I think they will pull this one out

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    I really don't know t. Elton has been playing really well. Philly as a team has Been playin well, but who will really stop Howard inside?
    There you go. Congratulation. You've just answered this thread's title question.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by aireent777 View Post
    There you go. Congratulation. You've just answered this thread's title question.
    Most teams have no one who can stop Howard realistically yet the Magic still lose a number of them?

Who did the Grizz have to stop him? Gasol?

What happened in this game to Howard:

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=310119019

What if he gets in foul trouble? who can the Magic play?

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Can anyone answer me whats Orlando's biggest weapon aside from Howard?

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got hammered last time these 2 played. Will be taking the Magic.

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Most teams have no one who can stop Howard realistically yet the Magic still lose a number of them?

Who did the Grizz have to stop him? Gasol?

What happened in this game to Howard:

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=310119019

What if he gets in foul trouble? who can the Magic play?
    Just look at his FT in that game bro. 22 attempts? Clearly no one could stop him inside except foul him. He just have to make those FTs.

Fiasco01
    Fiasco01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

I like Orlando but it seems too much of a square play, likely a no play.

12 Last