Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Amare knee surgery

The other knee...

Season Over? Suns' Stoudemire to Have Surgery
    In the ARIZONA REPUBLIC, Paul Coro reports that "Amaré Stoudemire will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his right knee this morning and likely will not attempt another comeback this season, the Suns star's manager said. Stoudemire decided to have an exploratory scope to address a Baker's cyst behind his right knee and determine what is causing the fluid to collect, said Stoudemire's manager, Rodney Rice. The right knee has troubled Stoudemire for five weeks, just as his surgically repaired left knee was improving for a three-game return."

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Didn't anyone notice/mention this cyst in Nov or Dec or Jan or Feb?

I'm a little unclear on whether he would be playing now if not for this cyst on the "good" knee. If yes, then there is not much excuse for failing to deal with it earlier.
    Last edited by Jay Edgar; 04-05-06 at 03:56 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

this sure doesn't help the suns championship chances this year.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    Well they have been playing good without him, and the addition of him could of hurt their play.

They have no defense, so I really dont think they can make the finals with or without Amare.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    They have done well without him. If anything, this is good because it won't screw up their chemistry.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

this sure doesn't help john's scalp theroy

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

After seeing the Suns last night, they're done. I can't believe they just rolled over for the Clippers. They were up 49-38 and suddenly the air went out of them. Suns are 4-6 SU in L10, not exactly in mode of getting playoff ready.

Ever since Kurt Thomas has been out, the Suns haven't had a dominant inside presence defensively. Clippers weren't exactly the first team to take it to the basket time and again.

D'Antoni is very happy when the Suns play one good defensive game, but he better start insisting that every game is like that.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 04-06-06 at 04:30 PM.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse
    After seeing the Suns last night, they're done. I can't believe they just rolled over for the Clippers. They were up 49-38 and suddenly the air went out of them. Suns are 4-6 SU in L10, not exactly in mode of getting playoff ready.

Ever since Kurt Thomas has been out, the Suns haven't had a dominant inside presence defensively. Clippers weren't exactly the first team to take it to the basket time and again.

D'Antoni is very happy when the Suns play one good defensive game, but he better start insisting that every game is like that.
    I agree and Steve looks tired. If Stoud doesn't come back next year at full force they should trade Nash. The guy isn't going to be playing 38 minutes per for regular season games anyway. Maybe they can get Joe Johnson back for Nash

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

I would keep Nash. He makes everybody better; the perfect money machine.
    Diaw's value must have increased tenfold.

Joe Johnson won't be welcomed back in Phoenix. What the Suns had last year was very special. That group was within a year of seriously challenging for the championship. To walk away from such an unselfish team for selfish reasons was definitely out of tune, at least to the PHX fans. JJ started to believe he was a star player, because Nash made him so much better...

One problem the Suns run into is that opponents sort of feel liberated when they get into the free flow, and suddenly start hitting all of their shots. It's not just bad defense. Last week Milwaukee hit something like thirteen 3-pointers in one quarter. An NBA record. lol