Pap45murF
    Pap45murF's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any reason to like Raptors or T-Wolves?

My system is basically Accuscore with a balls load of filters, stipulations (filter #1: avoid any Cavs game.. seriously that's filter #1), and personal tweaks thrown in. And on Monday AccuScore likes Raptors (+5) and Minnesota (+2.5) to win outright. I generally avoid dogs picked to win by AS because my records show them to be god awful at dog picking. But I usually get a little curious as to why the simulation machine would pick them.

So if you had to give reasons why each team would win...

Why will the Raptors beat Memphis ?

And why will Minnesota beat the Rockets ?

Is there any value in teasing them to Raptors +9.5 and T-Wolves +7 ?

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

I like the fact Houston has to travel 1000+ miles to Minnesota and this is there 5th game in 8 days.

dskibin2
    dskibin2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

Raptors played a pretty sloppy game against Memphis earlier this year and lost by 11 so they could keep it within the number if they play a little smarter.

jennahazeplays
    jennahazeplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

no play on both for me, look like tossups

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

The reason would be that Rox and Memph are 2 of the more schizophrenic teams in the league. Never know what you get with them, no matter who the opponent is.

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

I'm on the MIN train tonight so HOU is a lock On a side note, it's Rick Adelman coaching against Phil Jackson's apprentice, Kurt Rambis. Remember how tough Adelman played the Lakers when he was either at SAC or HOU? Took the Lakers to 7-games on several occasions with vastly inferior teams. Oh yeah, he's also beaten the T-Wolves 10+ times in a row!

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

So why you like Minny in that case?

Rox have done pretty well vs u500 teams in the past month. Riding a 9-1 streak and the loss came in Memphis who i dont consider a real u500 team. Rox also beat Memph in Memph in 1 of those 9 wins. Minny looks back to being terrible again.

zeusky
    zeusky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I have a feeling that Raptors get it done tonight. They should cover the spread at least.

manicart
    manicart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

Jose Calderon reportedly "appeared to go over on his ankle late in Saturday's game."Calderon had 14 points and 13 assists in that game, but this news should be a reminder that the Toronto PG's injury isn't fully behind him.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Calderon is out tonight.

RaptorsDevlin Matt Devlin

Tonight's injury info. Sonny will dress and is expected to play at this time. Jose is out with flu-like symptoms. Kleiza & Dorsey are out.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

the raps/grizz total just dropped from 203.5 to 201 in 10 minutes. what do i make of this?

Zachary
    Zachary's Avatar Become A Pro!

That the game will probably be a low scoring affair. 95-90 or something. I think it's a plus that Calderon is out. He takes ill-advised shots and holds on to the ball way too long. Also, Houston has dominated Minnesota...when is the last time the T-wolves have beat Houston? Since 2007??