cappinthepigs
    cappinthepigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Cappinthepigs 2011 NBA Picks and Thoughts

After a long hiatus from posting in the forums I am back and ready to do some work. I will list my plays and thoughts in this thread and welcome and feedback cause lord knows we can all use the banter to either lock in our plays, stroke our egos, or point us to the correct side. Tell me I'm a genius or a retard, whichever you like, just let me know what you think. Best of luck to all in 2011 lets kill the bookies!!

I wager 1% of my bankroll per Unit stated. NEVER risk more than 3% bankroll on any play!

I will rate my plays on the * system:
    1* = Risking 1.10 Units to win 1.00 Units (on standard -110 lines)
    2* = Risking 2.20 Units to win 2.00 Units (on standard -110 lines)
    3* = Risking 3.30 Units to win 3.00 Units (on standard -110 lines)
    4* = If I ever post a 4* play, let me know how stupid I am. I am trying my best to practice some solid money management and risking that much on one play is just stupid!
    Last edited by cappinthepigs; 01-21-11 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Spacing

cappinthepigs

Toronto Raptors +12 +100 (BetPhoenix) 1* Play

The Toronto Raptors come into this game covering their last 3 straight (all on the road) and winning 3 or their last 4 games in Orlando SU as (10, 8, & 14 pt dogs). They are obviously not afraid to go to Orlando and play and as tough as they have been playing people lately 12 points seems like ALOT to be getting here tonight. They have covered 5 of the 7 games this year in which they have been double digit dogs and have won 2 of those 7 games outright.

Houston Rockets +4 -110 (The Greek) 1* Play

The Houston Rockets are playing some solid roundball right now. They are SU & ATS winners going 4-2 in both categories their last 6 games. They have SU & ATS wins @ Boston & @ Atlanta in that stretch. Their only 2 losses in that span was a 5 pt loss in OT to NO (a game they had in hand going into the 4th) and by 6 to OKC. That's some pretty solid ball there. Another thing in the Rockets favor is Memphis is basically their bitch! The Rockets have won SU the last 7 meetings between these 2 teams by an average of 15.42 PPG! Memphis isn't playing bad basketball lately, but when is the last time your little brother beat you? That's what the Grizzlies are to the Rockets. It's as much mental as anything else and look for that to continue. Getting 4 pts here is like stealing lunch money.

cappinthepigs

Quote Originally Posted by cappinthepigs View Post

The Toronto Raptors come into this game covering their last 3 straight (all on the road) and winning 3 or their last 4 games in Orlando SU as (10, 8, & 14 pt dogs). They are obviously not afraid to go to Orlando and play and as tough as they have been playing people lately 12 points seems like ALOT to be getting here tonight. They have covered 5 of the 7 games this year in which they have been double digit dogs and have won 2 of those 7 games outright.

The Houston Rockets are playing some solid roundball right now. They are SU & ATS winners going 4-2 in both categories their last 6 games. They have SU & ATS wins @ Boston & @ Atlanta in that stretch. Their only 2 losses in that span was a 5 pt loss in OT to NO (a game they had in hand going into the 4th) and by 6 to OKC. That's some pretty solid ball there. Another thing in the Rockets favor is Memphis is basically their bitch! The Rockets have won SU the last 7 meetings between these 2 teams by an average of 15.42 PPG! Memphis isn't playing bad basketball lately, but when is the last time your little brother beat you? That's what the Grizzlies are to the Rockets. It's as much mental as anything else and look for that to continue. Getting 4 pts here is like stealing lunch money.

Well, Toronto got BLOWN OUT! We had the Houston game though.... That one hurts. Up 9 going into the 4th only to lose by 5.... smh

Oh well, back at em today.

cappinthepigs

1/22/2011 -------------- 0-2 Yesterday -2.10 Units

Phoenix Suns +1.5 -110 (The Greek) 1*

Say what you will about the Suns just being an average team this year, they are currently on a roll. The Suns have won 5 straight games, 3 straight on the road and seem to be finding their groove this year. Detroit has been playing some decent ball (scoring points at least) but with Wallace, Villanueva, and Hamilton not playing I see no way that they can get the win in this one. Phoenix is 4-1 ATS their L5 after a win and 4-1 ATS their L5 vs below .500% teams. Phoenix is 4-4 ATS on B2B while Detroit is just 3-7 ATS in the same situation. Take the +1.5 tonight.

Los Angeles Clippers -6 -110 (BetJam) 1.5*

The Clippers luck ran out last time out @ Portland. Plain and simple they were playing some good ball but had to take a L sometime or another and that was the night on the road. They get to come back home tonight where they have won and covered 6 straight including wins over Miami, Lakers, and Denver. Monta Ellis is Questionable for Golden State tonight after leaving last night's win in overtime, but regardless of whether he plays or not I look for the Blake show to shine @ Home just like the last meeting between these two on their home court. That home court advantage really does mean something more in this one since the home team has won and covered the last 4 meetings between these two teams. Look for that trend to continue tonight.