dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38361

Would the Heat/Lakers blowout the Clippers/Wolves everytime if its 1 game playoff?

Was watching the Heat vs Clippers game and couldn't believe how a miami heat team would lose to a much much younger and less talented clipper team.

Yes i am aware some teams have off nights but when i look at this clipper squad, all they have are young players like Griffin and Gordon and a veteran in Baron Davis. But how does a Miami Heat team lose to the clippers? I know the clippers are still a PRO team but they are definitely one of the worst teams in the league. Heat was on a road winning streak but should a team like them ever lose the clippers?

I just don't understand how a superior team can lose to a crap team like the clippers. The same with how the New England Patriots lost to the Cleveland Browns earlier in the NFL season and got blown out just like today with the heat against the clippers b/c this game was not even close. It is though a regular season game so it doesn't really count but even if the heat don't try much, shouldn't they win every game pretty easily against really weak competition like the clippers and the timberwolves? Most of the clippers players are so young and it just doesn't make any sense that a heat team would lose to the clippers unless they just didn't care.

A question i have about this is....

Is there any chance a team like the Miami Heat or Lakers would lose to a team like the Clippers or Timberwolves if say it was a 1 game playoff or if this game was for their nba contracts? If it was something like that, Heat and Lakers would win the game by at least 25 points right if that was the circumstances?
    [/color]

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

It was a regular season game, and they can afford to lose the match, but a playoff game, the Clippers and Wolves would lose pretty every time.

TheThreeKings
    TheThreeKings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

To compare the Clippers to the Wolves is a tremendous insult to the talent level of the Clippers. They aren't anywhere close to being a top team yet, but they have some very skilled pieces.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

The NBA should learn from soccer and put in a relegation system, that way teams would fight not to get their asses kicked out of the top league.

Fischnasty
    come on Papanick!
    Fischnasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 311

im not sure why this thread even exists. oh well.

Z_Wipf
    Z_Wipf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 275

I don't know why you are ragging on the Clippers. They are a respectable team and within a couple years will be in the playoffs.

genghis_kahn
    genghis_kahn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Z_Wipf View Post
    I don't know why you are ragging on the Clippers. They are a respectable team and within a couple years will be in the playoffs.
    Completely agreed. Slow start but over the last 10, they have been playing solid ball. See this team competing in the West within the next 2 years.