Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers 1Q

Lakers laid an egg at home on Christmas day. They won't want to lay another one on New Year's Eve. Not in LA. I think they'll be motivated and come out strong against the 76-ers to kick off the New Year celebrations in style.

LAL 1Q -3 (5D)

Happy New Year.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

GL. I would personally go for the game line if I went for anything. I hope you hit though!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Lakers relax in 4Q if game is decided.

They went through a bad spell, but picked things up again in their last game at New Orleans. They'll want to build on that. Plus they lost their last two at home, so they have something to correct in front of their home crowd.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 12-31-10 at 09:14 PM.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

LAL 1Q 29-19

Easy cover.

Last bet of the year. Party time!

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7882

nice, my last bet of the year was on phil +10...we all in.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

In for another round. Lakers off embarrassing loss, blown out at home by Memphis. The Zen master calling out Kobe afterwards, and Kobe calling out the other players to develop thicker skin (indicating they were not happy with Jackson). The knifes are sharpened. Lowly Detroit, without rest, will not be received gently. Lakers channel the build-up frustration and jump on them early.

LAL 1Q -4

There is no real problem in Lakertown. They already know who they are (unlike other teams that are trying to find out), and entered the 'long midseason stretch' (for a season that is too long) very early. These words of Kobe are a clear indication that they only care about the playoffs (and play in a division without real challengers) : “I think we're looking too far down the road instead of looking just at the game that's right in front of you. You start skipping steps if you look too far down the line.” What he is saying, but can't say out loud: "don't you know these games mean nothing?"

Hexum
    Hexum's Avatar Become A Pro!

idk man, i think its something more than that. They look old.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Yeah. They LOOK old. But they aren't. Nobody can peak all season. They have a hard time caring. Typical for the long midseason stretch. They'll look more perky after the ASB, when they start gearing up for the playoffs, and will peak again when it counts. But they should come out firing tonight. No pro athlete likes to be publicly challenged. (and I think Kobe has grown up from the time when he refused to take a shot, after a similar incident).

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Lal 1q 24-19 w