The Expert
    The Expert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2905

Boston Celtics at Detroit Pistons

Game: Boston Celtics at Detroit Pistons (Wednesday 12/30 1:30 CET)
    This one is actually a horrible spot for the Celtics and I expect them to struggle a lot against Pistons, who have been under the radar of late and are underestimated in this game as well. First of all Celtics played yesterday on the road against Pacers and however final score looks good as they won 95-83, they did it by great fourth quarter effort (29-16 in 4th) and surely will feel the game against dangerous opponents in their legs. Secondly it's third road game in small span of time and in a loss against Magic starters notched big number of minutes as well. What's more they probably won't take advantage of Pistons biggest weakness, which is rebounding because however guests have got few theoretically solid big men, they're not outrebounding opponents like it's expected. They're shorthanded generally (without Rondo, Perkins and West), while starting pointguard Robinson is slightly injured after yesterday collide with Dunleavy and however he'll start, I suppose he won't be efficient, while there's a big hole on the playmaker position in the team. Pistons are said to be a bad team but I see lot of interesting players in this team and these good shooters should keep the game close at home in my opinion. They're 4-0 ATS in last four, being 18-13 ATS for whole season. That's a good number and actually they've got several experienced scorers (Prince, Hamilton, Villaneuva, Gordon, McGrady), who should take advantage of tired opponents and worse than normal Celtics defense. Public will be most probably on the Celtics as they're 'better' however I see this one as a nailbitter, so +6.0 is a solid spread.
    Pick: 1 unit on Detroit Pistons +6.0 @ 1.981

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Road game for the C's ... I like your play.

LatinPimp
    LatinPimp's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm on the Det plus the points as well !

BOL

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Celtics could easily cover the 6 but it's hard to say. Detroit could do the same thing the Pacers did last night. Play close for 3 quavers and fall apart in the 4th.

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im on it...detroit can run at home and the celts arent spring chicks +6 GL

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

no effin clue where you pasted that goofball writeup from but gl pal

wouldn't touch that dogshit pistons team w/10 point pole

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Celtics can easily cover this. Especially considering they lost just 2 game ago. Maybe a let down, but i dont see it.

maxcraft
    maxcraft's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why is the total dropping this fast???? any injury on both teams????

The Expert

It's mine preview of course

The Expert

Quote Originally Posted by maxcraft View Post
    Why is the total dropping this fast???? any injury on both teams????
    Robinson may miss this one or play limited minutes, while without him (and Rondo), Celtics have got no playmaker

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Sure they do. Paul Pierce is plenty good enough playmaker and they have used him in this role much more then Nate. And Marquis Daniels can also run the point on temp bases like he did last night in the 4th qtr. And the Celts went to his mismatch vs Ford/Collison multiple times where he easily posted them up and scored.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really like Detroit + the points here as well. Detroit hasn't looked so bad in the past few games, should stay close.

ChicagoCover
    Trappin'
    ChicagoCover's Avatar Become A Pro!

LatinPimp- I LOVE THE PICTURE

MY INPUT ON THE BOSTON / DETROIT GAME

Line looks very tempting after Boston just beat Indiana by 12. But some ATS trends are pushing me away. Boston is 2-5 ATS after allowing 85 points or less. And 3-7 ATS after winning by 10 or more. As much as the Pistons suck, and we all expect Boston to win this with ease, Detroit is 8-2 ATS after allowing 105 points or more. Over at covers.com , Boston is getting 70% of the action for the spread. That scares me a little, with joe public pounding the C's after that big win last night. StarightWager pointed something out last night, saying word 4 word " the trend is teams that are on 2nd of b2b allow points and lose. " He has a good point, but when that situation came in for boston in the past, they came out and won the next game. I don't wanna lose money on the spread, so the ML is my play.

Celtics are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 vs. NBA Central.
    Celtics are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as a road favorite of 5.0-10.5.
    Celtics are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 road games vs. a team with a losing home record.
    Celtics are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 road games.
    Celtics are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games as a favorite.

Pistons are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog.
    Pistons are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
    Pistons are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as a home underdog.

Celtics are 10-2 ATS in the last 12 meetings in Detroit.
    Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings.

mattmc419
    mattmc419's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I'm on Pistons +6 tonight too.

Rip struggled last game, and with so much to prove, I think he'll come out hot tonight. McGrady only played 10 minutes so he should be fresh as well, and that combo has been great together the last few games. Charlie V has put up big numbers recently as well.

Detroit is a tricky team - they have the talent to beat anyone, but it's a crap shoot as to whether or not they bring the effort and play together (as a fan of them, it's frustrating). Charlie V took the last loss especially hard though, so they'll at least put up a good fight tonight.

McLaren__F1
    McLaren__F1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im on Boston -6 BOL

slimpickins
    slimpickins's Avatar Become A Pro!

the line movement is clearly siding with DET on this one.
    Not playing it personally but the line has moved in DET's favor even though the public is all over Boston.

mattmc419

Wow, that was an amazing game. Detroit came out and took control early, and never looked back. The Palace was rocking tonight and the fans were excited.

Hope you all took the Pistons on either the spread or ML tonight!

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

should have saw this thread earlier...

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

Damn Celtics... what a letdown, along with Phoenix...

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

kevin garnett hurt in the first quarter, did not return. unknown leg injury...knee.

mattmc419

yeah, he was talking trash to Charlie V for the first few minutes and then injured it on a dunk. He deserved it and honestly I hope he's out for awhile... what a jerk, just like Pierce.

I was at the game though, and he didn't seem to be 'limping badly' when walking back to the locker room like the article says.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Did KG get injured?

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
    Game: Boston Celtics at Detroit Pistons (Wednesday 12/30 1:30 CET)
    This one is actually a horrible spot for the Celtics and I expect them to struggle a lot against Pistons, who have been under the radar of late and are underestimated in this game as well. First of all Celtics played yesterday on the road against Pacers and however final score looks good as they won 95-83, they did it by great fourth quarter effort (29-16 in 4th) and surely will feel the game against dangerous opponents in their legs. Secondly it's third road game in small span of time and in a loss against Magic starters notched big number of minutes as well. What's more they probably won't take advantage of Pistons biggest weakness, which is rebounding because however guests have got few theoretically solid big men, they're not outrebounding opponents like it's expected. They're shorthanded generally (without Rondo, Perkins and West), while starting pointguard Robinson is slightly injured after yesterday collide with Dunleavy and however he'll start, I suppose he won't be efficient, while there's a big hole on the playmaker position in the team. Pistons are said to be a bad team but I see lot of interesting players in this team and these good shooters should keep the game close at home in my opinion. They're 4-0 ATS in last four, being 18-13 ATS for whole season. That's a good number and actually they've got several experienced scorers (Prince, Hamilton, Villaneuva, Gordon, McGrady), who should take advantage of tired opponents and worse than normal Celtics defense. Public will be most probably on the Celtics as they're 'better' however I see this one as a nailbitter, so +6.0 is a solid spread.
    Pick: 1 unit on Detroit Pistons +6.0 @ 1.981
    Looking back after Detroit blew out Celtics this is analysis looks pretty solid. Where are the haters who called this paragraph stupid now?

Pauulzcappin

As much as I might sound like an asshole, it feels good that kg got injured in a game vs. detroit after talking all the shit to charlie v

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    As much as I might sound like an asshole, it feels good that kg got injured in a game vs. detroit after talking all the shit to charlie v
    charlie said KG called him a "cancer patient", KG said "no i said you were cancerous to your team"... that's some cold shit what did charlie do to him

Pauulzcappin

Nothing. KG is a bully piece of shit. Charlie V called him out for a fight but as a big pussy he is, he avoided it. I laughed out loud when I read KG got injured, was even better when I saw the vid

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

kobe bryant's a bigger piece of shit. 90th in league in FG % and 106th in league in 3pt FG % at 33%. only avg's 25 a game because he's averaging 8 ft attempts a game because he gets star treatment like none other. gets to the free throw line anytime someone breaths on him. what a f-ing joke.

in 05-07 he was avging 10 ft attempts a game. thats takes his ppg from 25 down to 15. overrated piece of shit.

everytime lebrons played lakers he has outplayed kobe every time in all statistical areas... and we all know that. i dont even like lebron but its obvious.

kobe just gets to the ft line every 2 seconds because he cries like a little baby to refs on every play so the refs give him slack on the calls just to shut him the hell up. they know they're just a ref and hes the superstar that brings big bucks to the league. people watch tv and go wwwoooowwww kooobeeee scorreddd 25 points amazzinggg. he hogs ball on ever play woooowww how is it possible he gets 25??? it's amazing that a ball hog can get 8 field goals in a game woooowww he only scored 15 pts of shots but got 10 free throws from calls that werent even blocking fouls woooowwww mr bryant is spectacular woooowwww.

Pauulzcappin

Someone sounds pissed because his boyfriend got injured

hockey216

boyfriend? i dont even like KG that much hes been on the celtics 3 years. and its not a knee injury they dont think its probably a calf. give him a month and he'll be fine. theres no question the best player on celts is paul pierce. and yes, i think hes better than kobe. he consistently has a higher FG% than kobe is a better defender is a better 3pt shooter and has a better drive at musling his way to basket because is just a much bigger guy at 240 as opposed to kobes 235. and his spacing on his shots is amazing. he can hit a stepback jumper easily off any defender in the league.

im not pissed. just wondering why the hell everyone says kobes best in league. according to ESPN, kobe bryant is 220th in the league for FG% and 182nd in the league in 3pt fg%.... so from 220th and 182nd you get 1st???? the thing is people remember the 2% of the time kobe hits the winning shot and coincidentally forget the other 98% of the time he doesnt hit the shots and they forget the 100% of the time he kills his team by hogging the ball

hockey216

kobes 205 not 235 sry for the typo*****

hockey216

kobe doesnt rack up buckets he just racks up free throws because he gets star treatment.

hockey216

somehow espn and nba.com gave conflicting data for ranked individuals by fg%... both the numbers from both sites are there

pako74
    pako74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1199

good call on the pistons. boston doesnt look right without rondo.

syy211
    Yankees
    syy211's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

nicely done. KG down is an accident. good call still.

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

f*** detroit they still suck and the celtics still own

12 Last