BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Why Cant Brook Lopez Rebound?

This guy is 7 feet tall, every time I look at a boxscore I see 7 or 8 rebounds and sometimes less, what gives.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    This guy is 7 feet tall, every time I look at a boxscore I see 7 or 8 rebounds and sometimes less, what gives.
    Because he is a pussy.

Yes, that is my final answer and its legit. He is just not a tough player. He is more concerned about his ppg then playing defense, rebounding or winning games for his team. He has played in a situation where noone was held accountable for anything. Now he has a coach that demands more and most fans expected that extra motivation and someone pushing him to take him to the next level. Unfortunately he couldn't stand up to the challenge and the opposite happened, his game has regressed as a result.

He is showing minor signs for the last 2 weeks at least trying to play in the paint on offense and not take his awesome 18ft jumpers. But he will never be a good rebounder, doesn't have what it takes. Probably will improve to around 8 a game (i hope) but not much more then that. The Nets have to put guys at PF that rebound well to make up for him being such a puss.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

its not all on lopez, the nets arent a complete team yet, therfore hindering his process to become the next great center. he has no shooting help, and humpries is a rebound whore to answer ur question

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

kris humphries probably tells him to stay away from the boards so he can grab his 15 a game

draco21
    draco21's Avatar Become A Pro!

lmfao hawley )

demens
    Square -910

Kris doesn't have to tell him anything. Lopez doesn't go after rebounds, Humphries does which is why he can grab 15.

Not sure what the Nets being a complete or incomplete have to do with a 7 footer rebounding but whatever. Humph didn't start till the 8th game of the season, Brooks average the 1st 7 games was 6.2, exactly what it is right now, again, humphries has nothing to do with it.

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Kris doesn't have to tell him anything. Lopez doesn't go after rebounds, Humphries does which is why he can grab 15.

Not sure what the Nets being a complete or incomplete have to do with a 7 footer rebounding but whatever. Humph didn't start till the 8th game of the season, Brooks average the 1st 7 games was 6.2, exactly what it is right now, again, humphries has nothing to do with it.

dude it was a joke relax

some bigs dont rebound like they should. should we start a thread at Bargnani because he is worse

demens
    Square -910

Touchy subject for me. Sorry.

hawley

nets fan?

demens
    Square -910

Unfortunately.

Jakesteen
    Jakesteen's Avatar Become A Pro!

They need to toughen him up and send him to live with Dennis Rodman for a while.

hawley

tough job at the moment

i bet raptors fans would love to have lopez's rebounding numbers instead of Bargnani's, especially with Evans out

onetrickpony

complete team has everythingto do with, lopez has to play like a mvp for his team to compete everynight, kobe has pau, bron has wade. who does lopez have, bunch of role players.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    tough job at the moment

i bet raptors fans would love to have lopez's rebounding numbers instead of Bargnani's, especially with Evans out
    They just faced off and Bargani got the better of the match up and the Raps won the game.

Different players though. Problem with Lopez this year is that for the 1st month of the season for some reason he thought he WAS Bargnani just jumpshooting his ass off.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    complete team has everythingto do with, lopez has to play like a mvp for his team to compete everynight, kobe has pau, bron has wade. who does lopez have, bunch of role players.
    You're clueless dude. Yes i'm dead ass serious as well.

onetrickpony

You're clueless dude. Yes i'm dead ass serious as well.
    u obv dont watch any nets games

demens
    Square -910

u obv dont watch any nets games
    Ok, ok. I get it.

onetrickpony

ok smart guy, avoid the discussion in which u know all u do is look at box scores and stats, which dont paint the whole story

demens
    Square -910

ok smart guy, avoid the discussion in which u know all u do is look at box scores and stats, which dont paint the whole story
    Peekaboo.

onetrickpony

Peekaboo.
    same face ur mom was making when she said i couldnt come and get it, but i did and brook lopez got the rebound on that

hawley

same face ur mom was making when she said i couldnt come and get it, but i did and brook lopez got the rebound on that
    wtf

onetrickpony

its joke hawley

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

No excuse for a 7 footer to be such a poor rebounder. Id like to see his brother clown him on the boards.

demens
    Square -910

His brother is like the complete opposite. Its funny. No offensive skill but tough. Its like god took a great NBA center and split him into twins.