brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Cleveland +7 at HOME against Boston

seems like a pretty great pick to me

cleveland has actually been respectable at home this year winning 4 out of 8 games and they should be able to keep it at least somewhat close with the celtics, no?

edit: GUYS IT'S + 7 NOT - 7
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 11-30-10 at 10:42 AM.

bretb27
    It's all about the money...
    bretb27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

They've already beaten the celtics earlier this year, but boston seems to have hit their stride.. no play for me. I think the spurs and lakers would be better picks. I do, however, like the under in this game.

brahmabull117

that's a very big spread to cover on the road though against a decent team (the cavs are actually 4-4 at home)

I think boston will win, but the cavs should play with some confidence (knowing that they already beat em once) and at least make it interesting towards the end there

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Hate to disagree with you two days in a row but I don't think Cleveland is good at all. I think the Celtics manhandle them tonight. In my eyes Cleveland is not a respectable team. They have horrible stats against lower teams of the league. Yes they beat Boston once, but I definitely can not see that happening again. Celtics dominated them when they had Lebron and they will definitely dominate them without him.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
    Hate to disagree with you two days in a row but I don't think Cleveland is good at all. I think the Celtics manhandle them tonight. In my eyes Cleveland is not a respectable team. They have horrible stats against lower teams of the league. Yes they beat Boston once, but I definitely can not see that happening again. Celtics dominated them when they had Lebron and they will definitely dominate them without him.
    toronto and memphis aren't good teams either and they went 1-1 against Boston (when Boston was on the road) with the only loss being an overtime game
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 11-30-10 at 10:39 AM.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I hope the OP meant Cleveland +7 because if they're -7, I might have to sell my house.

Cleveland has problems scoring points and are usually horrible in at least 1 quarter a game. Boston's defense should be able to shut Cleveland down easily. This line is very low, is someone out on Boston? I'm a Cleveland fan and I smell beatdown even at home. I don't agree with Chaz that Cleveland isn't any good. They are scrappy and are better than half the teams in the East (which isn't saying much). The Heat has bad stats against crappy teams too, what does that mean? The Celtics dominated the Heat 2 straight games while they lost to Cleveland at home WITHOUT LEBRICK. Not sure how that makes them not respectable

Maybe the books feel that Cleveland will try and make a statement this week with Boston and the Heat looming on Thursday. I don't see how though because very few guys on the team can actually make baskets.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I hope the OP meant Cleveland +7 because if they're -7, I might have to sell my house. Cleveland has problems scoring points and are usually horrible in at least 1 quarter a game. Boston's defense should be able to shut Cleveland down easily. This line is very low, is someone out on Boston? I'm a Cleveland fan and I smell beatdown even at home. I don't agree with Chaz that Cleveland isn't any good. They are scrappy and are better than half the teams in the East (which isn't saying much). The Heat has bad stats against crappy teams too, what does that mean? The Celtics dominated the Heat 2 straight games while they lost to Cleveland at home WITHOUT LEBRICK. Not sure how that makes them not respectable Maybe the books feel that Cleveland will try and make a statement this week with Boston and the Heat looming on Thursday. I don't see how though because very few guys on the team can actually make baskets.
    the problem is that Boston is notorious for playing poorly against bad teams (especially on the road)

In fact, I Think they are 0-3 on the season when they are ATS favorites of 4 or more points on the road

this is a team that always seems to play down to the competition

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

^^Very true, thus I can see Cleveland covering but probably a no play for me. The UNDER is probably the safest bet here.

edragonl
    edragonl's Avatar Become A Pro!

no play for me here, very risk

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    ^^Very true, thus I can see Cleveland covering but probably a no play for me. The UNDER is probably the safest bet here.
    I'm playing the under as well

people seem to think of Boston as this dominating team but they are only 5-3 on the road this year, just 1 game better than Cleveland's home record (they could easily be 4-4 as they had to go to overtime to beat Memphis). I see a lot of value here TBH

thebertshow
    thebertshow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Cleveland is a good pick here

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

Quote Originally Posted by thebertshow View Post
    Cleveland is a good pick here

kbsnoles
    kbsnoles's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the celts win this game big as the cavs will be looking ahead to Thursday!

nah0228
    nah0228's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

i like Cleveland in this spot

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    the problem is that Boston is notorious for playing poorly against bad teams (especially on the road)
    I think thats why the spread is -7 and not -12. Boston is a good defensive team. They have allowed the 5th fewest points in the league while Cleveland struggles to score and ranks 27th points per game. If Cleveland covers its because the Celtics back off to rest somewhat for the game against Portland tomorrow.

Good luck fellas

And brahmabull117 I don't want you to think I'm telling you your plays are wrong or anything like that. I'm just giving my opinions in the matter.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
    I think thats why the spread is -7 and not -12.
    I don't agree with that

this is actually a huge spread considering that it's a road game for boston. U very rarely see a spread this big for a road team

the spread in the timberwolves/spurs game was 7.5 in favor of the spurs and the spurs are much better in terms of blowing teams out than Boston is, and the Cavs are a lot better team than Minnesota

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

Celts got fresh legs

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)