RockyPadila
    RockyPadila's Avatar Become A Pro!

Knicks -4.5 vs Nets? Thinking about taking the Knicks

The Knicks is on a roll right now. I'm thinking about taking the Knicks at home -4.5 to the Nets. What do you guys think?

Stinger
    Stinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Knicks and OVER I am leaning with.

BelieveTheHype
    Boom.
    BelieveTheHype's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, I agree. I was looking at this, but am not for sure yet. Harris matches up well with Felton and Lopez should be a handful for the Knicks. He could put Stoudemire in foul trouble and vice versa. I think Avery Johnson also has real familiarity with D'antoni system from his days in Dallas, so it might be close, if not a win for the Nets.

NYSportsGuy210

Knicks have been playing soft at home so far this year but they usually step their game up early in the year for the Nets. Expect T. Mozgov to be a handful for Brooke Lopez early on.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

my thoughts on this game

1)the last 3 games for the knicks have all been decided by overtime/4 or less points. Expecting them to win by more than 4 points seems to be unlikely

2)the under is a great play here. That is a huge line considering that the knicks are actually a much better offensive team on the road. On the season, the Knicks are just 2-5 on the over/under at home and the nets are just 3-5 on the road for the over/under. The 2 teams combined only average about 191 points (in terms of what the knicks do at home and the nets do on the road)

I think u will see the knicks win this like 97-94 but they won't cover the spread

syy211
    Yankees
    syy211's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I like over on nets/knicks game

BelieveTheHype
    Boom.

agree i'm on over.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by BelieveTheHype View Post
    agree i'm on over.
    Quote Originally Posted by syy211 View Post
    I like over on nets/knicks game
    u guys realize the knicks really aren't a good home team at all?? (especially offensively)

they are barely averaging 100 points per game at home (compared to 110 on the road) and they are facing the lowest scoring team in the league in the nets

this game will likely end up with a 94-90 type score. The over doesn't look good at all IMO

and really the knicks don't look good either here for the spread. They have won 1 home game all year this year by more than 4 points (only 2-5 at home) and the knicks have been one of the best teams for covering spreads all year long. I see this game going all the way down to the wire

Anthonyk99
    Anthonyk99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

I could see a nets win here lets look at matchups
    Felton/Harris Nets
    Feilds/Morrow Nets
    Gallo/outlaw Knicks
    Humprhies or Murphy/Amare Knicks
    Lopez/Mozgov Nets

I really like the nets to maybe win here they should give the knicks a lot of trouble and a big body in favors with farmar off the bench should be a lot for the bench of the knicks to handle nets and the points are a great bet

NYSportsGuy210

I just see the Knicks covering the spread. They have been getting criticized here in NY over the last 3-4 days on their lack of toughness at home....could see them take it to New Jersey. I am staying away from the OVER/UNDER right now.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonyk99 View Post
    I could see a nets win here lets look at matchups
    Felton/Harris Nets
    Feilds/Morrow Nets
    Gallo/outlaw Knicks
    Humprhies or Murphy/Amare Knicks
    Lopez/Mozgov Nets

I really like the nets to maybe win here they should give the knicks a lot of trouble and a big body in favors with farmar off the bench should be a lot for the bench of the knicks to handle nets and the points are a great bet

Fields....Gallo....and Amare.....Knicks win those three match ups. PG and Center is where the Nets have the advantage and not by much as Raymond Felton and Toney Douglas off the bench can score and play defense for NY at the PG position.

absolute
    absolute's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5076

knicks look like a winner

BelieveTheHype
    Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    u guys realize the knicks really aren't a good home team at all?? (especially offensively)

they are barely averaging 100 points per game at home (compared to 110 on the road) and they are facing the lowest scoring team in the league in the nets

this game will likely end up with a 94-90 type score. The over doesn't look good at all IMO

and really the knicks don't look good either here for the spread. They have won 1 home game all year this year by more than 4 points (only 2-5 at home) and the knicks have been one of the best teams for covering spreads all year long. I see this game going all the way down to the wire
    the Knicks seem to have crazy high scoring games with bad teams and the nets have been able to score when they have played poor defensive teams like denver, the clippers and sacramento. there also will likely be a higher number of free throw attempts from both teams with driving point guards and big men who are challenged defensively which will slow the game down. 203 seems like a very reachable number.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    I just see the Knicks covering the spread. They have been getting criticized here in NY over the last 3-4 days on their lack of toughness at home....could see them take it to New Jersey. I am staying away from the OVER/UNDER right now.
    I think you are betting with more your heart than your mind

the overwhelming majority of the knick's wins in recent days has been late close game situation wins. This is a team that is 2-5 at home and 2-5 against the spread

I think they win, but it will come right down to the wire

Anthonyk99
    Anthonyk99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Still with the knicks struggles at home as of late and the coaching and extra practice avery has been doing this could easily be a nets win. Its a home game for both as the travel and stadium might be half and half.

I really see this game in the hands of the knicks they hit there 3s like against the pistons and we might see a blow out we see them miss and that ball gets pushed up court its a nets W

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

like over