bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going to lay the wood on this one fellas

I'm gonna take my chances with the winless road team in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Celtics -140 for 1 unit

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting.

This is one of those situations where, I really felt if Boston couldn't come up with one win on the road in Cleveland, that there'd be a huge problem vs Detroit. Because I think Detroit can get it done at the Garden.

However, now I am not so sure. Boston played well enough to win game 6 and were jobbed by the officials, I can say that with complete sobriety. I think we'll see a fair shake, with maybe a slight homecourt zebra advantage, but ultimately I think Boston can win in Detroit, and Detroit can in Boston.

Should be a great series either way, I will look at this closer to Tuesday.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

the reason celts had trouble with cavs is bc of one man, lbj
    detroit has no lbj

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    detroit has no lbj
    Uh..

MyKickerHurts
    MyKickerHurts's Avatar Become A Pro!

detroit has no lbj
    No LBJ but let's see, let's do some math:
    Wallace+Billups =1.5 Lebrons but wait theres more:
    Prince+Hamilton=1.5 Lebrons so if you add that up
    You get approx. 3 Lebrons with Detroit. So if 1 Lebron almost knocked out the Celtics, what will 3 of them Do?
    I can tell you. Most likley win at least 1 away game and since Boston can't win a road playoff game, that means Detroit knocks them off.
    I'm a Die Hard Laker Fan and if theres one thing I want for christmas it's for detroit to knock off the Celtics so my lakers can get Home Court Advantage for the finals.

YoungMoney23
    YoungMoney23's Avatar Become A Pro!

mad smileys haha

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMoney23 View Post
    mad smileys haha

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Judging by some of you guys comments, I can see this isn't a real popular selection.

Anyways... Go Boston.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Judging by some of you guys comments, I can see this isn't a real popular selection.

Anyways... Go Boston.
    Until Boston can win away from home I would have to agree with the masses. I know Boston has home court, but Detroit WILL win one on the road. Good luck with your bet.

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like it. boston is underachieving and will be hungry to prove themselves. anyone who watched them destroy teams in the reg know that boston is a sleeping giant and the refs corrupted that series bigtime to make it so suspenseful for more ratings and so boston ats would get burried since square balls always bet it big.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by MyKickerHurts View Post
    if theres one thing I want for christmas it's for detroit to knock off the Celtics so my lakers can get Home Court Advantage for the finals.
    The Lakers will NOT have Home Court Advantage no matter what. Detroit had the second best record in the NBA.

mundane
    mundane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    The Lakers will NOT have Home Court Advantage no matter what. Detroit had the second best record in the NBA.
    im afraid LT is right on this one. i got confused when i looked at the wikipedia page about home-court advantage for the finals. i thought it was the record DURING the ongoing playoffs and not the regular season record that determines who gets home-court in the finals.

but im glad a lot of people are (already) thinking that it's gonna be the lakers coming out of the west!

lightone
    lightone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mundane View Post
    im afraid LT is right on this one. i got confused when i looked at the wikipedia page about home-court advantage for the finals. i thought it was the record DURING the ongoing playoffs and not the regular season record that determines who gets home-court in the finals.

but im glad a lot of people are (already) thinking that it's gonna be the lakers coming out of the west!
    Lakers should be an easy pick to come out of the west. Hornets are not quite ready and spurs are fading; the only way they win now is by getting into their opponents heads; Their reputation and dirty tactics cause opposing players to doubt themselves( ala steve nash turning the ball over 4 times in the last 5 possessions) and it can be intimidating when you have never beaten them before. Lakers have a steadying influence in kobe because he knows the spurs arent invincible in the playoffs, having beaten them many times in past playoff series, and no matter what the spurs do, kobe is never gonna start doubting/2nd guessing himself.

ryanXL977

lakers celts finals
    lakers win

detroit has nobody boston will have trouble with

ryanXL977

keep in mind this

during the regular season cavs split with boston
    detroit did not

SBR Lou

lakers celts finals
    lakers win

detroit has nobody boston will have trouble with
    are you serious...

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 04-08-15 at 10:00 AM. Reason: image does not exist

ryanXL977

they will have no trouble with either of those guys
    just like during the regular season when they essentially swept them except for a last second foul on billups

celts in 6