lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Lakers -2 over Heat Thursday

5 Dimes has Lakers -2 @ Heat according to sbr odds. I don't have a 5 dimes account so can anybody confirm this? I agree with the line totally but I am not use to seeing the books make such a large correction in a short amount of time. Just a week ago Miami would have been -3

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Miami were favorites to win it all until a week ago. Lakers are now favored. Looks like even books gave up on Miami this year.

in2win3
    in2win3's Avatar Become A Pro!

-2 confirmed lyon

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Miami were favorites to win it all until a week ago. Lakers are now favored. Looks like even books gave up on Miami this year.

Lakers were just laying back in the cut maintaining all along. Kinda a mini version of Boston last year without the injuries. Lakers will not see the Heat in the Finals. (Boston, Chicago)

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Lakers were just laying back in the cut maintaining all along. Kinda a mini version of Boston last year without the injuries. Lakers will not see the Heat in the Finals. (Boston, Chicago)
    My Mavs ticket looks toasted right now

I'll be big on the Lakers tomorrow. If Heat decides to bounce back against the best team in the league, so be it.

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by in2win3 View Post
    -2 confirmed lyon

Thank you. As long as Kobe does not try to be a hero and utilizes the strength of the Lakers the Heat do not stand a snow balls chance in hell of beating a Lakers team that is in top form that appears motivated at the moment.

Vulcan300
    Vulcan300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10108

I'll be big on the Lakers tomorrow. If Heat decides to bounce back against the best team in the league, so be it.
    agreed, id be ok with that loss.. lmao.

lyon804

Tommorow is not about the Heat. The Heat can't beat the Lakers right now. The only way Lakers get beat is if they beat themselves (Kobe)

in2win3
    in2win3's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thank you. As long as Kobe does not try to be a hero and utilizes the strength of the Lakers the Heat do not stand a snow balls chance in hell of beating a Lakers team that is in top form that appears motivated at the moment.
    agreed, seems like lakers are on a mission right now...they are definitely heating when they have to...and the heat are falling apart

lyon804

The only threat of the Lakers losing the game is Kobe if he wants to be a superstar and shoot and drive in double teams. If Kobe plays the "team game" and utilizes the Lakers advantages early and gets his interior game (gasol,bynum) going then he will have some good looks later. If the Lakers had any other super star other than Kobe for this game I would bet HUGE on the Lakers but if anybody can fukk up a sure thing it is Kobe. Kobe just needs to let the game come to him and wait for good opportunties to shoot the ball rather than be a hero and prove his points to Lebron. Of course I have seen times when Kobe tried to be the superstar and score over double teams and it worked but that is not the way to go about it. Kobe usually has terrible volume shooting games against Lebron. That is the only hangup in this game.

Pauulzcappin

You are right. Ballhogging aside, Lakers should have a field day with Bynum playing well and Gasol looking for revenge against Bosh.

lyon804

You are right. Ballhogging aside, Lakers should have a field day with Bynum playing well and Gasol looking for revenge against Bosh.

I have watched the Heat quite a bit lately and there defense is pretty bad against teams that move the ball well. Only Lebron and Wade can defend on that team against good teams. I know stats say there defense is good but that is FALSE. The Heat can't defend teams that move the ball well. That is why the Magic buried them, the Knicks, and Portland recently.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

People are funny. When the Heat went on their long winning streak people were saying they will set the NBA record and while the Lakers were struggling people were saying they are finished. Its a long season, Miami will turn it around and go on a 10 game win streak before its over and people will hop right back on their shit.

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    People are funny. When the Heat went on their long winning streak people were saying they will set the NBA record and while the Lakers were struggling people were saying they are finished. Its a long season, Miami will turn it around and go on a 10 game win streak before its over and people will hop right back on their shit.

I was NEVER one of those people. Before you got here I was very vocal in saying the Heat would not be near what many was expecting.

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

I hope they decide to listen to Bosh starting tomorrow and give him the ball down low against Bynum, Gasol and Odom. That big 3 will send him back to the locker room crying again. Lebron and Wade have to play out of their minds if Miami has any kind of chance. Lyon, I agree about Kobe trying to do to much being a hangup but for me it's Lakers or nothing on this one.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

dude.... Lakers -2 vs Heat is free money.

Yesterday I had sympathy for that Heat with the way ESPN acted so childishly making all those cry baby jokes and blowing everything out of proportion.

But now after last nights game I say the Heat are done, stick a fork in them. If they couldn't man up and win that game last night when their balls are on the line and everyone in America was basically saying you guys are pussies they will never be winnners.

Pauulzcappin

Spurs skullfukked the Heat and right after got skullfukked by the Lakers. That tells a lot about tomorrow's matchup. Lakers are using their size again.

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

The Lakers have lost to some weak teams recently, including the Cavaliers, the worst team in the NBA. If Cleveland can beat them, why can't Miami?

demens
    Square -910

I was NEVER one of those people. Before you got here I was very vocal in saying the Heat would not be near what many was expecting.
    I'm not saying you are, just the general attitude of the forum and not just he forum, most casual fans.

I think its funny how it change with every 10-15 games.

demens
    Square -910

Spurs skullfukked the Heat and right after got skullfukked by the Lakers. That tells a lot about tomorrow's matchup. Lakers are using their size again.
    So Lakers by 60?

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    The Lakers have lost to some weak teams recently, including the Cavaliers, the worst team in the NBA. If Cleveland can beat them, why can't Miami?
    Did they just defrost you from before the all-star game?

Pauulzcappin

So Lakers by 60?
    By 45. Put all your money oops... points on it.

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by Holdin Aces View Post
    I hope they decide to listen to Bosh starting tomorrow and give him the ball down low against Bynum, Gasol and Odom. That big 3 will send him back to the locker room crying again. Lebron and Wade have to play out of their minds if Miami has any kind of chance. Lyon, I agree about Kobe trying to do to much being a hangup but for me it's Lakers or nothing on this one.

Exactly. I will take my chances with Kobe fukking the game up. I ain't concerned with Lebron and Wade. Sure they will get there points but that hasn't mattered.

Pauulzcappin

How big are we talking here lyon?

lyon804

How big are we talking here lyon?

I am comfortable with 2K, but would really like to do more than that but considering the one reservation I have(Kobe) I might go only that high. If Kobe assured me before the game he would run the team they way I want and the Lakers bring the same intensity defensively they have played with recently than I would go more. As of right now I have Zero on the game because my local is not offering a line on it yet... And when the line is offered I will spend the additional on the ML. I will not take a chance with any TNT drama late. The Lakers win I win, if they get beat well than....

Pauulzcappin

Problably what I'm gonna play it for, something around that. I don't think even Kobe can ruin that. He tried taking a lot of bad shots against the Spurs in the first quarter and then started passing the ball because he realised that wasn't working.

Lakers will win tomorrow.
    Last edited by Pauulzcappin; 03-09-11 at 12:35 PM. Reason: spelling

lyon804

[quote=Pauulzcappin;9135568]Problem what I'm gonna play it for, something around that. I don't think even Kobe can ruin that. He tried taking a lot of bad shots against the Spurs in the first quarter and then started passing the ball because he realised that wasn't working.

Lakers will win tomorrow.[/quote]

That's what i will be banking on tommorow.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Lakers are on a roll right now, there's no need to mess around in this game. We still have a ton of ball left to play this season and it's not inconceivable that these two could still play each other in the Finals. That sounds ridiculous the way Miami is playing but like I said, there's still a lot of time and a lot of basketball to be played. So having said that, the Lakers might want to embarrass the Heat on their homecourt much like they did to the Spurs. On top of that, we all know that Kobe has the mentality where he would kick a man while he's down, in this case Miami.

BayArea888
    BayArea888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5860

By 45. Put all your money oops... points on it.

lyon804

Don't let me confuse the situation....It's this easy.. If the same Lakers team takes the court that has played since AS break and the same Miami team takes the court since AS break. GAME OVER.

MysteryMung
    Freddy Lansen
    MysteryMung's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    The lakers haven't lost anything "recently". No L in over 3 weeks for them, and they've beaten ATL twice, SA and POR on the road, and won every game except ONE, comfortably, by five or more points.

Also - the CLE loss was the final game before the all star break. LA was in a slump, probably had already checked out, all the trade deadline talks, blah blah - find whatever angle you want to justify it. Fact of the matter is, they beat CLE by SIXTY the first time they played this season, let's not forget about that.

I'm going to ride the LA streak until it dies. "Law of averages gonna catch up", "trends come to an end", "miami HAS to win this one" - all just a little more speculative than 7-1 ATS, 8-0 SU, and well executed team basketball since the AS Break.

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

Yeah but it won't be against teams above .500!

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

SJ and I were chatting about this in the morning over pm. i had thought LA -1.5 was the right line. i am playing LA big.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree...when haslem comes back they turn it around.

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Heat ML is seriously free money, wtf is this line?

1234 Last