dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

Houston Rockets oct 21 and 22 preseason games

The news here in Houston as of tonight ( tuesday ) is that the Rockets are still fighting their jet lag from China. They got in town monday and did practice on tuesday but are still exhausted. As of this posting it is still unknown who will be the starters for the Rockets against S.A and Dallas. They might be resting the starters a good bit from what is being said, though they will play. The Rockets will be the visitors in both of those games. I think it is safe to say that the Spurs game will be totaled as an under and both the Spurs and Mavs should be good ML / ATS winners. Best of luck to all and use this info for what it is worth.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

So they got in town Monday. And you are counting on them to be sick on Thursday?

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    So they got in town Monday. And you are counting on them to be sick on Thursday?
    jet lag can take quite a while to shake off and it would be possible to feel lethargic from it for days

thanks for the heads up

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    jet lag can take quite a while to shake off and it would be possible to feel lethargic from it for days thanks for the heads up
    Really? Man, it must suck to take a vacation to somewhere far off. I mean, you'd have to stay somewhere for 2 weeks to enjoy it, considering you'd be sick for a week.

I mean, these guys fly on jets almost every day 9 months out of the year. Now, they aren't always traveling that type of distance. But, compared to the average person, I'm sure the effect on an experienced jet-setter isn't quite as profound.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post

Really? Man, it must suck to take a vacation to somewhere far off. I mean, you'd have to stay somewhere for 2 weeks to enjoy it, considering you'd be sick for a week.
    i think a large part is just fatigue and your body readjusting to time zones. i may be wrong about the length in time it effects some people, but i have heard of it hanging around a while

dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

You also have think about it in this aspect too as here they went to Yao's hometown of China. Yao was able to see his friends and family, kinda like a little family / friends vacation reunion type deal. Yao did seem to be a bit tired and down/depressed about having to come back to the states. We are all human, think about how you'd feel if Yao was you. Plus, I am sure Yao showed the teammates all the hot spots and I am sure a player or to meet up with a me love ya long time woman....lol.