SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Suns ML Game Two

Will this be another episode of Flop City?

Will the better team win this time?

No question the Suns are more talented, however playing at SA, Zebras, and a potential hangover from that 2OT fiasco may hamper them down the stretch. Without a doubt they'll lead by 9+ in this game, but can they finish is the question.

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

I like the Suns to get it done myself.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Ditto. Suns win this game.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Going to take the points...Suns get it done.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by diogee View Post
    Going to take the points...Suns get it done.
    its only 2.5 points seems like it will or they think iit will come down to he wire again

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

That is why I am taking the points...I think it goes a few points either way.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

I like the Suns

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

WOW, let me be the first:

Spurs -2.

Cheap line at home, and no one is cutting them any slack for Game 1 comeback. We've been down this road before, and it seems Spurs always have the heart at the end while Suns keep blaming the refs.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I should add that I am not betting this game, but Spurs are only side I would consider.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Before the series I was fairly certain that it would go to game #3 tied at 1-1. But after seeing the last game I don't know. In today's NBA it doesn't matter who's better. Flopping decides. And I have no question that the Spurs have mastered that sick art.

In a normal environment game #1 would have ended up a DD victory for the Suns. The Spurs were playing like sh*t. But flopping so affected the strategy of the game that they could keep it close, and pull out an improbably win.

I'm passing. On this game, and on the entire NBA. If I want to see girls play there's always the WNBA.

MyKickerHurts
    MyKickerHurts's Avatar Become A Pro!

My thoughts exactly, San Antonio should receive an Oscar for their game play Sunday. Through out the game my monster parlay was on tap , or should i say until halftime. When David Stern had a meeting with the Zebra;s and said San Antonio needs a comeback. And Boom flop city. Is it me or isn't their a rule in place that penalizes teams for the flop? Well if the ref's were calling everything that should have been called . Then move on to the under in the game, that was a lock till the ref looked at his betting ticket and said crap i took the over. well gl on what ever you choose folks but i'm sticking with my original bet Money Line Suns and the under, the only difference is it won't be so much.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Before the series I was fairly certain that it would go to game #3 tied at 1-1. But after seeing the last game I don't know. In today's NBA it doesn't matter who's better. Flopping decides. And I have no question that the Spurs have mastered that sick art.

In a normal environment game #1 would have ended up a DD victory for the Suns. The Spurs were playing like sh*t. But flopping so affected the strategy of the game that they could keep it close, and pull out an improbably win.

I'm passing. On this game, and on the entire NBA. If I want to see girls play there's always the WNBA.
    DH,

If you had to wager on this game, would you feel more comfortable w/ the Suns winning the 1st half? I personally feel that if they lose this game, it won't be at the onset. 1st half ML is +100.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

I have the Suns just on the ATS aspect of things. Suns 4-1 in that reguard this season when playing Spurs. I agree that the Suns need to get over this bullshit about everyone is trying to screw them and just go out and play some basketball. I just think if Suns can play hard they will eventually wear down this Spurs team that is old as hell. Spurs wouldn't have a chance if the NBA didn't give all these days off in between games.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    DH,

If you had to wager on this game, would you feel more comfortable w/ the Suns winning the 1st half? I personally feel that if they lose this game, it won't be at the onset. 1st half ML is +100.
    I used to play a profitable system of betting on the Suns in 1H after they didn't win the previous 2H. I stopped playing it this year, as the team matured and no longer felt the need to prove themselves after a subpar performance.

I can't bet on this game. The foul situation will determine the strategy- again. If D'Antoni hadn't played it so safe, the Suns could have gone into the break up 20 pts in the last game. That would have been game over. They were up 16 pts, and I could see the air go out of the balloon (posted the precise point here). I just can't imagine the Spurs coming out that bad again.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Think about it.

Shaq played 5 minutes in the 1H. And then took just seconds in the 2H to pick up his next foul and return to the bench. Amare picked up his first foul 49 seconds into the game. And these players knew not to pick up quick fouls. I mean, who's game plan are we following, zebras? (And still the Suns were beating the daylight out of the Spurs, suggesting to me they are a far better team).

At one point Kurt Thomas and Ginobili (trying to look unsuspicious) would have ran into each other if Amare hadn't stood between them. So they ran into him. He falls down AND picks up the foul... LOL.

Forget manners. Just take a bench player and knock Ginobili into the hospital. If the NBA wants it ugly, let's not forget to oblige them. Enough is enough. I want to see a hockey brawl tonight. With teeth flying.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 04-22-08 at 02:15 PM.

BrUno0
    BrUno0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

suns know they're better, lets be honest here, not taking away any credit from a great comeback and a great team like the spurs, but they hit miracle after miracle, gotta go with the suns here.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Think about it.

Shaq played 5 minutes in the 1H. And then took just seconds in the 2H to pick up his next foul and return to the bench. Amare picked up his first foul 49 seconds into the game And these players knew not to pick up quick fouls. I mean, who's game plan are we following, zebras? (And still the Suns were beating the daylight out of the Spurs, suggesting to me they are a far better team).

At one point Kurt Thomas and Ginobili (trying to look unsuspicious) would have ran into each other if Amare hadn't stood between them. So they ran into him. He falls down AND picks up the foul... LOL.
    The Suns should have led by DD at the end of the first Q, let alone the half. The Spurs went 0-5 or 0-6 to start the game, committed 8 turnovers, but it was a 4pt game because of their frequent trips to the charity stripe.

While they may come out and score more than 40pts to start the game, I also think the Suns are capable of scoring more than 48. I'm thinking this may be a 54-47 half in favor of the Suns. What worries me is the Suns coming out flat then picking it up in the 2h, I don't believe they're going to win the 1h and game so it's either/or IMO.
    Last edited by SBR Lou; 04-22-08 at 02:25 PM.

BossE
    BossE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Why not i took the ML

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

squares (esp. in this thread) are on the Suns...i'll be on the Spurs.

Hope you guys are wrong as usual.

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    WOW, let me be the first:

Spurs -2.

Cheap line at home, and no one is cutting them any slack for Game 1 comeback. We've been down this road before, and it seems Spurs always have the heart at the end while Suns keep blaming the refs.
    Just took spurs -1 I think they get it done again... Everyone is on the SUNS and I think they go down again...

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting thread. Are the Spurs the NBA's Rodney Dangerfield? No respect...

A couple of interesting stats from Game 1:
    -SA had 70 points in the paint (sure that you guys already saw this stat, but it says quite a bit).
    -Phoenix shot 30 FT's to the Spurs 23 (making 22 to the Spurs 15). Granted, 7 of those were of the Hack-a-Shaq (or Skinner) variety, but still... Considering the Spurs were in the paint so often, you'd have thought this number would have been skewed highly in favor of SA.

With all that said, the easy play seems to be Phoenix 1H followed by SA 2H. I'll be following that general game plan. If I had to play the game side, I'd be on SA. I'm not sure I agree with the general sentiment that "The Suns are definitely the better team"... In fact, I just talked myself into a small play on SA -1. Also on 1Q Over 48.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes View Post

the square play is the spurs...home game up 1-0 and the champs...

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like the spurs tonite
    1.5 pts at home
    come on people!

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

I am square as hell.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes View Post

Yes, and if the Suns win, the squares just got lucky.

If the Spurs win, the sharps were being sharps.

If the Suns lose, we're squares.

Thanks for the contribution.

ryanXL977

these teams are about even
    the spurs always find ways to win while suns always find ways to lose

thats why i like spurs, nobody knows what will happen
    but thats anice line to me.
    1.5 pts

BossE
    BossE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

im on PHO SA let me down before

ryanXL977

if this were in phoenix thats one thing
    this is in sa, suns play no d

babaoriley

Well, so far the Stripes are letting them play... Several questionable no-calls on both sides.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    Well, so far the Stripes are letting them play...
    Bad news for you being a Spurs fan.

Some flops didn't get called, NO WAIIIII...!?!?!??!

MiamiBoy86
    MiamiBoy86's Avatar Become A Pro!

here we go again....suns up by 7 this time....can they hold on?!?!?!!?

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Bad news for you being a Spurs fan.

Some flops didn't get called, NO WAIIIII...!?!?!??!
    I'll be honest here. I saw two teams playing hard and think the officiating is just fine. Just as I figured (and wagered on) the first quarter was frenetic, soaring over the total, and the Suns won the 1H. I'm perfectly comfortable with the way the game has been played and called.

P.S. The flopping is being overblown a bit, don't you think? Spurs -3.5 2H.

babaoriley

As the TNT crew pointed out (and as I reminded in my first post), the Suns can't keep the Spurs out of the lane. 70 points in the paint last game was a joke. And so far it's a layup drill in game 2 for the Spurs. When a team has two of the best bigs in the game and gives up this many layups, it's cause for concern. I'm not saying that Phoenix couldn't blow this open in the 2nd half, because they could. But I'm going with the coach that makes better 2H adjustments, the home team that typically locks down on D in the 2H to cover 3.5.

babaoriley

Nope, I'm getting the Spurs -3 at nickel juice. Lovin' it.

babaoriley

Also on 2H Under 96.5 for a half unit...

12 Last