moneyboy
    moneyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Phoenix Golden State

Phoenix is one game up from 6th place. If they stay at 5th they will play Utah in the playoffs - one of the best home teams in the league!!! That being said, they will probably have an easier road playing Houston. I'm laying the ML on GS, what do you think?

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

golden state sucks, they don't stand a chance to win on the road over the Suns.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    golden state sucks, they don't stand a chance to win on the road over the Suns.
    I disagree...the Warriors absolutely need this game to keep their slim playoff hopes alive. The Suns may also rest starters for part of the game given the obvious...they would rather face the Spurs (whom they are 3-1 against this year) rather than the Jazz (who they are 1-2 against this year). If there was one place that nobody wants to travel it is definitely Utah. Golden State has also beat the Suns twice this year but both were at home. In one game they won by 2 pts and shot 54% compared to 52% and the other one they won by 8 and shot 51% compared to 49% The Suns victory against GSW also came at home where they won by 8 and shot 54% compared to 41%. Amare averaged 27 points per meeting and 36 pts in the win. I have yet to officially cap the game but with all that being said this game is either take GSW or pass in my opinion.

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Love the Warriors in this spot myself. I'll take the +190 - +200 for a playoff contender that's a half game down, against a team that has no shot at home-court, and would rather tank to get a better matchup any day of the week. If they lose, and I lose, at least I know they'll definitely be sitting home.

dannyt76
    dannyt76's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like GSW here. No way PHX wants to travel to Utah in the first round. The Jazz are almost unbeatable there. The Warriors need to win out and hope for a Denver loss mixed in. I'll take the points since ML's won't be up until I'm already at work. GL.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

PHX is coming off a very disappointing and flat game. I don't think they'll want to go into the playoffs coasting.

PHX ATS and the under.

Arnold
    Arnold's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by moneyboy View Post
    Phoenix is one game up from 6th place. If they stay at 5th they will play Utah in the playoffs - one of the best home teams in the league!!! That being said, they will probably have an easier road playing Houston. I'm laying the ML on GS, what do you think?
    Phoenix is currently in 6th place, and they would have to move into 5th to play Utah.

Anyhow, do you think this is the mindset of Phoenix coaching staff and its players? If you were a coach, would you tell your players to lose just to play a weaker opponent in the playoffs? This is certainly not the right attitude in sports and winning. Well, unless you're planning to win just 1 round, then maybe...

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

gsw+200
    this is all or nothing
    though they are probably toast anyhow, this is 100% must win

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

laying the pts with phoenix for the first half.

ryanXL977

here is how i look at it

A; suns are obviously better, but gsw can win this game
    b: gsw has to win to have a shot,
    c: suns win this game and playt utah, why would you want to play utah when you could play sa who you match up with
    d: gsw at +200 is good value, they have beat the suns 2 times already
    e: points are for pussies.

dodif
    dodif's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by diogee View Post
    I disagree...the Warriors absolutely need this game to keep their slim playoff hopes alive. The Suns may also rest starters for part of the game given the obvious...they would rather face the Spurs (whom they are 3-1 against this year) rather than the Jazz (who they are 1-2 against this year). If there was one place that nobody wants to travel it is definitely Utah. Golden State has also beat the Suns twice this year but both were at home. In one game they won by 2 pts and shot 54% compared to 52% and the other one they won by 8 and shot 51% compared to 49% The Suns victory against GSW also came at home where they won by 8 and shot 54% compared to 41%. Amare averaged 27 points per meeting and 36 pts in the win. I have yet to officially cap the game but with all that being said this game is either take GSW or pass in my opinion.

You guys remember when the mavs actually went home between playoff games in utah. When they were asked about it they basically said salt lake was shithole and they would rather go home then even stay inj slc for a day. If you have ever been to utah its just ****in weird. They have great homecourt cuz players just want to go home. When a black guy sets foot in utah he justs wants to leave asap.

ryanXL977

thats good shit
    and true

dodif

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    thats good shit
    and true
    When I drove through Utah to get to Aspen, Co I remember my exacts thoughts to my girlfreind. I told her "I would need 10 wives to live in this place. Because I like italian food. And chances are my wife wouldnt be the best italian cook. But if had ten wives, one of them would be able to cook italian. So i can see why they have so many wives out here"

ryanXL977

thats true
    but not one of those ten wives would be hot
    they are nasty
    zombies too

dodif

thats true
    but not one of those ten wives would be hot
    they are nasty
    zombies too
    i guess i woulda imported the wives

point is its just ****in weird and u notice it as soon as u get there.

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
    Phoenix is currently in 6th place, and they would have to move into 5th to play Utah.

Anyhow, do you think this is the mindset of Phoenix coaching staff and its players? If you were a coach, would you tell your players to lose just to play a weaker opponent in the playoffs? This is certainly not the right attitude in sports and winning. Well, unless you're planning to win just 1 round, then maybe...
    it's a great strategy! why lose in the first round when you can avoid utah, and probably make it to the second round?? also, if they make it to round 2, they sell more tickets

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Phoenix is going to dominate golden state tonight.Just because the warriors need to win doesn't mean they will. They needed to win at home vs the nuggets and they got their asses kicked. Golden state is one of the worst bets out there.I got Phoenix -5

Arnold
    Arnold's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by vassman86 View Post
    it's a great strategy! why lose in the first round when you can avoid utah, and probably make it to the second round?? also, if they make it to round 2, they sell more tickets
    Because when you're afraid of facing a certain team, you are not the real champ. Winners don't think in terms of who they want or don't want to play. They are ready to play anyone and beat anyone. There is no room for weaknesses.

msubulldog
    msubulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

love betting against team which has to win. have seen this in football, baseball, and nba. they seem to lose about 70% of time when on road even against weaker teams.

ryanXL977

i agree, just bc they have to win doesnt mean they will
    but suns have no reason to win,m and gsw has every reason
    gsw always plays em tough, and has beaten them 2x already

i think gsw+185 is value

Saunders FTW
    Saunders FTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

gs is done, expect suns to win big

MJFtheGenius

First of all every team in the NBA would rather play the Jazz over the Spurs. Am I missing something, have the Suns beat the Spurs in the playoffs before?

Warriors have needed to wina lot of games over the last 10 games but could not. Not saying they won't cover but no way the warriors win

moneyboy

They'll come back.

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

no--it is all over for GOLDEN STATE--probably one last desperate run at start of third--and then pack it up--sadly-

MJFtheGenius

there not that good, one of the most overrated teams int he history of the NBA.

moneyboy

Quote Originally Posted by blackbox View Post
    no--it is all over for GOLDEN STATE--probably one last desperate run at start of third--and then pack it up--sadly-
    Don't you remember Dallas last week? 27 to 9 in the final quarter! That's what's going to happen today, just just the pile up.

moneyboy

5 point game!

moneyboy

Let's be honest, the Phoenix franchise can't make $$$. Golden State is all $$$ in the playoff. Phoenix in the playoffs would just be a repeat of Miami - giving out free tickets in the finals.

MJFtheGenius

Moneyboy the info you posted above is not true. The Suns sell 96.8% of their tickets, and over 18,400 a night. They will sell out every playoff game easily.

moneyboy

6 point lead!

MJFtheGenius

not watching but most likley the warriors will choke.

ryanXL977

as mfgenius said
    no way suns win
    he knows all

MJFtheGenius

as mfgenius said
    no way suns win
    he knows all
    HUH? I said the complete oppositte.

ryanXL977

i know
    i was making fun of my stupid ass pick of gsw

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by diogee View Post
    My apologies to anyone that lost money on the Warriors after reading this.

12 Last