newb411breaker19
    newb411breaker19's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting the WNBA

I wish statfox had the game results for 2004 and 2005 but what I found in 2003 was very cool. 272 games went under and 237 games went over. that's a 53.5% bias towards the under. If you played the under on every game you still would've profited 10 units. And if you eliminated the 5 games who's totals was between 120 and 124 that would be 272 under and 232 over, nearly a 54% bias to the under. wow i hope ive convinced everyone to bet wnba totals in the summer. i know i will be. I just hope that hasn't changed in the last couple of seasons because maybe it has
    Last edited by newb411breaker19; 02-19-06 at 08:58 AM.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

thanks Newb...that's some really interesting information. I would think that perhaps last year was an anomaly of sorts b/c typically it o/u over the course of a season tend to be roughly 50/50....but I'll keep my eye on that one.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i've been thinking about betting on this sport sense last year. a few people sweat to me that there is alot of value betting on the WNBA.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have also been looking at the WNBA and am more than willing to give it a try.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

The lines are softer because not too many people bet on it, and games are easier to cap than in the NBA because you'll hardly ever find a team that takes the night off.

aje
    aje's Avatar Become A Pro!

covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/wnba/teams/teams.html

If you want more to research here you go.

newb411breaker19

oh sweet aje thanks for that. I never would've found that on covers site.

newb411breaker19

yeah, unfortunately 2003 was just an anomaly, sorry guys. but maybe in the WNBA they don't have as many off days like they seem to have in the nba

aje

Almost every year in every sport you'll find a trend that would have provided you a profit betting on it blindly. The only problem is it's hindsight. You may want to look at certain situations.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i noticed that last year myself. covers does offer alot of info on this sport. i just hope that the techies will put a feed up on the SBR Odds service there for the wnba.

Alamorich

Quote Originally Posted by aje
    Almost every year in every sport you'll find a trend that would have provided you a profit betting on it blindly. The only problem is it's hindsight. You may want to look at certain situations.
    Last in year college football I made up my mind to bet on the blind on certain teams either for or against based on my preseason handicapping and what I know about the publics tendencies in College football and it paid off in a huge way.

aje

Quote Originally Posted by Alamorich
    Last in year college football I made up my mind to bet on the blind on certain teams either for or against based on my preseason handicapping and what I know about the publics tendencies in College football and it paid off in a huge way.
    That's Great Bro! I like to see all do well. I still don't understand how that applies to the use of a spreadsheet. Unless maybe your betting solely on line moves.

Alamorich

Don't know anything about spreadsheets...now that's sounding like work to me. What I'm talking about is spotting a trend early in it's developement and betting it blindly over time. If you have guessed right you will have struck a vein of gold.

aje

Alright that's cool. I understand. Your just trying to look for value with certain teams that the public's not on.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

aje you will be receiving many rep points if you keep this up.
    you have been very helpful! I will be voting for you right now!!

Very good my man!!

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yuck, Vagina Ball. Boys i wouldn't bet this with your money.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would bet it with there money, but not mine!!!

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're right mate. They should've never been allowed to leave the kitchen. "Cook my dinner" is what i say. Plenty of time for basketball after you've done the washing up me lady.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think I have a pretty good idea how the totals are set for the WNBA and when a total is off. The crazy thing is that, using set parameters between projected and posted totals, the last two weeks of June (2005) produced a 6-7 record, then July jumped to 23-8, and August leveled off again, starting out 5-5. It's almost as if the books knowingly gave up their edge for a month...

Anyway, I'll post the plays for July.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 02-19-06 at 08:08 PM.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mad
    Yuck, Vagina Ball. Boys i wouldn't bet this with your money.
    I bet it a few times, but couldn't find an angle.

BTW, I like your new avatar.