bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Darko Milicic being shipped off to the magic

DETROIT (AP) — The Detroit Pistons and Orlando Magic are discussing a trade involving Pistons center-forward Darko Milicic and point guard Carlos Arroyo, but no deal has been reached, agents for both players said Wednesday.
    Marc Cornstein, who represents Milicic, said he has talked to both teams about the trade, but he has not been officially informed about the other players involved.

"There's no question it's being discussed," he said. "Whether or not it's going to happen remains to be seen."

ESPN.com reported that the teams were close to a deal that would sent Milicic and Arroyo to the Magic for center Kelvin Cato and a first-round draft pick.

Arroyo's agent, Herb Rudoy, said he, too, has talked about the trade with the teams but wasn't told of the particulars.

"I know it hasn't been made because I'd get called," he said Wednesday.

Spokesmen for both teams said they do not discuss trades in progress.

The 7-foot, 245-pound Milicic was the second overall pick in the 2003 NBA draft, behind LeBron James but ahead of players who have developed much more rapidly, including Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

The Pistons exercised their option on Milicic's contract last year, signing him through the 2006-07 season.

Detroit picked up Arroyo for Elden Campbell and a draft pick in a January 2005 trade with the Utah Jazz.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man, I'm really worried about team chemistry if they get rid of Darko.

Yes, he was taken directly ahead of Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, and Dwayne Wade.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Atleast he will get a chance to play now.